Goodwill Industries / uncorteous managers/cashiers

1 2196 5th Avenue N.Y, N.Y.C 10033New York, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 212 865 0020

I have been shopping at this store as well as donating, but I bought a pair of pants that did not fit and when I took it for a store credit the manager argued about the price then he said that I could only take clothing for exchange. If it is a store credit I should be able to purchase anything with that amount.

An

Comments

• Ki
      4th of Apr, 2011

Don't blame her for Goodwill's jerky attitude.
    Try the Housing works thrift shop in Chelsea- better quality staff and goods.

26th of Mar, 2012

Anita, it's not Charity. Any money going into Goodwill goes straight into Goodwill CEO pockets. They're just a money making company hiding under the guise of a charity. They're very good at maintaining their image.

When I worked for them, oftentimes the managers would tell me that I needed to only give out store credit instead of refunds, so that goodwill retains as much money as possible. Shop local thrift stores. Avoid Goodwill.

7th of May, 2012

I worked for Goodwill and District Managers will tell their managers to try to do exchanges instead of store credits, because store credits are deducted from the stores sales for that day. They are a non profit but it is still all about hitting your sales goal. Can't tell you how many times I was told, " that I was only as good as my last numbers".