GoodLife Fitness / service fees
I was a member of goodlife for several years (and am also a university student, so being a member is expensive on my budget), and found it to be an okay gym, not great like they advertise, but okay. One day I closed my bank account as I was informed was "compromised" and contacted the gym that I had done so, informing them that one of their payments would not come out.
They said that it was no problem and that they would process the new information asap. I asked them about the payment that was going to be missed, and they told me that it would be flagged the next time I went to the gym and I could pay the $25.
About a week later I got a letter from Goodlife in the mail stating that my account could not be processed, and that they would be withdrawing $50.20- which I did not authorize. I went to the gym and asked them why I was being charged so much, and none of them knew. I asked them about service fees, and they told me that Goodlife did not charge fees for closed accounts as there were no NSF fees, it was just returned account closed, and they had the new information and had received the next payment.
They provided me with their customer service number and told me to speak to them as they had no idea why random charges were being processed. When I called them, they told me that they charge $25 service fees for ANY failed processing of accounts. I told them what happened, and that this was not my choice, and that the account was not insufficient funds, it was closed. They didnt care, and told me that it was non- negotiable. None of the other companies I had on automatic withdrawls (Rogers, Bell, etc.) charged me any fees whatsoever! I remember at one point also having to pay $25 when I lost my membership card.. and that was non- negotiable too..
I closed my account with them, but as they need 30 days notice, I have to pay a month and a half of membership fees before it is closed... thanks sooooo much!
More GoodLife Fitness Complaints & Reviews
- GoodLife Fitness - cancellation charges 
- GoodLife Fitness - unauthorized withdrawl from my bank account 
- Goodlife Fitness Clubs - memberships/personal training costs 
- GoodLife Fitness - misleading sales tactics (personal training) 
- GoodLife Fitness - goodlife personal training standards 
- GoodLife Fitness - cancellation of personal training sessions at oxford and adelaide goodlife fitness gym location.
- GoodLife Fitness - cleanliness
- GoodLife Fitness - towel service
- GoodLife Fitness - no longer honouring original rate
- GoodLife Fitness - front desk at 137 yonge street, toronto, ontario