Goldcarcar hire

I have just come back from a holiday and received a 150 Euro charge for a deep cleaning which I found amazing given the fact that we picked the car up and it wasn't clean due to being used to carry child seats around. Is this legal - no where was it pointed out I had to check the car for cleanliness and highlight it wasn't?

I have sent the following note immediately to Goldcar:

BCN Notification - Contract: [protected]

We have just returned yesterday from a holiday where we rented a car from Goldcar for 1 week. Whilst we did have a puncture for which I am happy to accept the charge there is a very serious issue which I feel needs to be addressed by your company. In the last hour we have received a charge for 150 euros for cleaning the car which is unjustified. I have listed the points below as to this reason:
• The car was not there when we arrived as was being used for collecting child seats from some other location
• When we received the car neither the outside or the inside of the car were to a level of cleanliness we would normally expect from a car hire company but as my family was on a beach holiday this was not particularly an issue to us.
• When we accepted the car there was no where to record the lack of cleanliness of the car on our form and we were not asked to comment on the level of cleanliness when we received the car.
• It was never spelled out in English on the contract that we would be charged 150 Euros for a clean (in a similar way to the fact that it is advised that we are required to return the tank full).
• The only issue with the car was the need to vacuum the sand out from the car, which as I had previously said already had sand in the carpet.

I therefore am not happy to accept this 150 Euro charge and I will dispute this to the best of my ability if this charge is taken from my credit card.

I am also extremely disappointed in the way we have been treated by Goldcar in this matter. I would be grateful if you could resolve this matter at my earliest convenience and explain how such a situation could arise.

Ni