GNC Canada / Don't even bother to order from them!

GNC cannot accept non-US billing addresses, even though the order is being SHIPPED to the U.S. After explaining the situation to their Customer Service rep, I was rudely told they don't want my internet business, and just shop in Canadian GNC stores (many products are NOT available there!). It is obvious that GNC is willing to ignore 10% of the North American market when they are unable (or unwilling) to accept non-US billing addresses (even though I can walk into any US GNC store and use my Canadian Credit Card!). Canadians - don't even bother to order from them!

A  11th of Apr, 2007 by
I had the same problem with GNC Canada.
N  13th of May, 2007 by
Different dietary supplement regulations in the US and Canada mean they can only sell certain supplements in one country and not the other. As well, they must sell certain supplements in different ways from country to country. This means one web site cannot sell to two different countries. It would be nice if GNC Canada has its own eCommerce site. But, alas, as with many companies with a Canadian arm, they simply ignore the Canadian Internet business.
A  10th of Jul, 2007 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I don't know how this works,but I will just get to it. The GNC located at the Promanade Mall at Bathurst & steeles just north of Steeles has a female Manager that in my opinion,does NOT belong there to work with the public. She is rude,NOT helpful, & becomes irritating very easy. I have been going to GNC stores for the past 15 years. Buffalo was back in the ealy 90's . Now I have always been going to a lot of Canadian stores. There is a difference,much more friendlier in the states. But this one at Prominade Mall clearly has NO H.R skills. In my opinion, GNC should really look into this person. I will now look for another Health Store where it treats people with RESPECT. I say this... HOW THE HELL DID THEY CHOOSE HER TO BE A MANAGER. I know she is in her 40's maybe even 50's but I know I will never go back there again!!!
A  27th of Dec, 2007 by
I had the same problem. I wanted to order Muscle Milk from the GNC web site. They sell it in Canada for $42 and it's being sold on the GNC web site on sale for $25.99. Funny it's so much cheaper there yet our dollar is higher right now (US$1 = CD$0.98). I went to the GNC store nearby and asked if they had any boxing day sales and they said no. I asked why the price of Muscle Milk went up from $39.99 to $42 and they said the price of protein has gone up... Obviously that is completely B.S. because they're selling it for $25.99 on their US web site.
I went online and did a search for other companies selling Muscle Milk and there are a few web sites in the US selling it for about $20. Why is it so much more expensive in Canada? I ended up buying four tubs of Muscle Milk from a company in the US for $20 each (the shipping for four tubs was $30). So when you factor in shipping, each tub cost me $27.50 so I still came out ahead.
A  21st of Jan, 2010 by
I have spent two days trying to buy from GNC. Their customer service sucks, they haven't a clue. Everything I asked about they had no answer. It reminds me of a front business who has alternative motives . I have never had such a hard time as a consumer who is trying to give a vendor business. If I can locate a supplier with similar products, GNC will be removed places to shop.
A  13th of Oct, 2012 by
Try going to the USA GNC web site they have found away to know you are in Canada and it will automatically switch to Canadian web site... Best idea find someone else's product.
N  4th of Sep, 2015 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
The Canadian government has shut down the Canadian GNC website because of allegations that some products don't contain what they say they do, and contain items not listed on the label. You'll have to do your shopping in the stores in Canada, but this doesn't give me a lot of confidence in their products. Also, be warned that staff sell on commission, so don't let yourself be talked into anything you don't want or are suspicious of.