Geico Insurance / terrible service!

1 Macon, GA, United States Review updated:

Warning! Do not insure with geico! I have been insured with gieco since 1999. During that time, I have paid thousands of dollars to them, and they have never had to pay on a claim.in november, I was married, and chose to place my husband on my policy. Because he was ticketed for driving uninsured in 2005 (He did not realize the policy had lapsed), we had to have sr-22 (He was not in an accident - he simply received a ticket). The underwriting company carefully checked our driving history (They have to do this with any sr-22 policy) and after seeing our driving record felt there was no risk, and in turn offered us a policy. I paid the premium (Over $900).

In december, my husband accidentally backed into my car while it was parked in the driveway. We had the car inspected, but chose not to file a claim with geico, and instead chose to pay for the repairs out of pocket. Long story short, we are set to renew in may, and I just received a letter stating that they cannot reinsure me.

I have been with this company for 9 years, and they have never had to pay out one dime for anything!

Here is the problem I have. The underwriters had no problem taking my $900 in november, but now after one accident (In which they did not even have to pay), they have opted to drop a loyal customer of 9 years. I feel that it is important to let my friends and family know that this company is not what they make themselves out to be. You guys know me, and you know that I am an honest person. I will be insuring with the company I was with prior to geico, but I do not want my friends to be a victim of this company as I have been. If you are with geico, remember that one accident is all it takes for them to drop you... No matter how loyal you have been!

Va

Comments

• Ho
      20th of Feb, 2009

so basically, what you're saying is that your new husband was irresponsible in the past and failed to make his pmt on time which resulted in a cancellation of his prior ins. co...(since he didnt know it was cancelled, even though im sure the company sent a bill) when driving he got pulled over and got caught for driving w/ no ins (dangerous and financially could ruin your life depending on the type of accident, damages, and bodily injury he could have caused to the people/ peoples involved). so of course the state dmv requires him to file a sr22 for that since im assuming driving w/out ins, his car got towed and his lic suspended. so then you say he wasnt paying attention and backed into another car (and unfortunatly in some states, even if an ins co. doesnt pay out it still effects your premium) showing more irresponsibilty for himself. but if thats ALL that happened as far as both you and ur husbands driving activity, i bet geico oferred you another premium taking these risks into consideration BEFORE the policy was dropped. moral of the story: stay on top of your game.

• Ge
      10th of Jul, 2009

Hmm there is something you're not telling us. In all my years at Geico we would not drop someone over one accident unless they were a major risk. What you've told us sounds exactly like what the other person just said.