Geico Insurance / terrible service!
Warning! Do not insure with geico! I have been insured with gieco since 1999. During that time, I have paid thousands of dollars to them, and they have never had to pay on a claim.in november, I was married, and chose to place my husband on my policy. Because he was ticketed for driving uninsured in 2005 (He did not realize the policy had lapsed), we had to have sr-22 (He was not in an accident - he simply received a ticket). The underwriting company carefully checked our driving history (They have to do this with any sr-22 policy) and after seeing our driving record felt there was no risk, and in turn offered us a policy. I paid the premium (Over $900).
In december, my husband accidentally backed into my car while it was parked in the driveway. We had the car inspected, but chose not to file a claim with geico, and instead chose to pay for the repairs out of pocket. Long story short, we are set to renew in may, and I just received a letter stating that they cannot reinsure me.
I have been with this company for 9 years, and they have never had to pay out one dime for anything!
Here is the problem I have. The underwriters had no problem taking my $900 in november, but now after one accident (In which they did not even have to pay), they have opted to drop a loyal customer of 9 years. I feel that it is important to let my friends and family know that this company is not what they make themselves out to be. You guys know me, and you know that I am an honest person. I will be insuring with the company I was with prior to geico, but I do not want my friends to be a victim of this company as I have been. If you are with geico, remember that one accident is all it takes for them to drop you... No matter how loyal you have been!
More Geico Insurance Complaints & Reviews
- Geico Car Insurance - refused to pay my claim! 
- Geico - geico policies and procedures! 
- Geico - cancel policy 
- Geico - geico will not pay claim 
- Geico - scam and cheating 
- Geico - Loss Wages reimbursement process
- Geico - unethical behavior, I was falsely accused for an accident where I innocent and was a victim of road rage and hit and run.
- Geico Insurance Company - roadside insurance
- Geico - insured geico customer vehicle - damage to my property
- Geico Car Insurance - consumer / customers