Gate.com / Very poor service!

I signed up for service through gate.com. When speaking to the sales person, I made it abundantly clear that I needed a very specific service. the sales person assured me that there would be no issue and that gate.com could provide the needed service, and that if gate.com could not they would cancel the account with no charges. I spent a couple of hours working with tech support and getting nowhere. I then stated that I was not going to invest anymore time and would like the account canceled. There was some hesitation on their part, some argumentation, and then the comment "ill cancel the account."

Several months later I reviewed my account to find that I had been charged continually months after the "cancellation". I spoke with Gate.com and they said that there is no evidence of my request for a cancellation in their notes, and therefore they would not refund me. I then let them know I would pass the issue along to my credit card company (chase) for their mediation. Chase credited my card to the disputed charges a couple weeks ago. Today 7/9, i received a letter from RMCB collection agency (New York) demanding $19.90. I attempted to contact RMCB but it was purely automated. Gate.coms records do show that after the initial couple of hours attempting to setup the account, I never used the account again (as I had believed it to be canceled per my request.)

Furthermore, gate.com never contact me asking for the payment of 19.90. I assume that my credit card company won out in disputing the charges, and gate.com reacted by sending me directly to a collections agency.

Comments

• Ml
      12th of Jun, 2008

What is wrong with gate.com? How can their service be so poor and they stay in business?