freebie gas / Non receipt of free gas vouchers

1 Largo, FL, United States Review updated:

I was to receive $500.00 in free gas as a rebate for over $2000.00 of furniture I purchased from Ashley Home Furniture store in Sept. of 2008. I logged onto the site, signed up as required and received a letter and Customer number from "Freebie Gas" along with my voucher coupons which were to be mailed monthly along with my $100.00 of gas receipts. I faithfully mailed in receipts for Oct, Nov, Dec, and Jan 2009 but never
received anything from the company. Their website is just there. You cannot fill out the form and submit it as it goes to an "Error 505" page everytime. I sent numerouse emails yet received no response. I did get one phone call in December or January after sending an email stating I thought the whole thing was a scam. I was told it was not; the response to the program was so overwhelming that they couldn't keep up with all the customers; they were undergoing major office changes and personnel hiring to handle the amount of customers; and to please bear with them. Then, I began getting emails from "customerservice@gasolineredemptioncenter.com telling me they were located on the west coast and were just a distributor for Tidewater Marketing who was suppose to be issuing the gift cards. The last email I got from them was on 4Mar09 telling me that Tidewater Marketing fell so far behind that the Florida State Attorney General has brought action against them and has seized their company. They gave me two email addresses; one to file a complaint form and the other for myfloridalegal.com which is suppose to be the Florida Attorney Generals office. Neither email address is valid.
I do not know who to go to now to file a complaint.

La

Comments

• Te
      10th of Dec, 2008
    freebie gas - not receiving gift cards
    greebie gas
    Clear Lake
    Minnesota

i too was suppose to get 25 dollar gift cards for your gas station of choice. I just received an email from gasolineredemption.com saying they received my voucher for the month.appartently they have changed the name of the company because its still has the same address.still sounds like a scam

• Kc
      13th of Jan, 2009

I too have been sending in my receipts faithfully since August and have not received one gas card. I have received responses to my e-mails stating that they are working on getting the cards out to be patient that I will get everything that is due to me. ( quote) I'm becoming a little nervous regarding the information they have received from the receipts.

• Mo
      23rd of Jan, 2009

We have also sent in our receipts in order to receive our
    gas cards. We have received nothing yet. We tried e-mailing and it tells us the e-mail cannot be sent.

• Dj
      28th of Jan, 2009

Jason Tillo, While you were being a complete ### in your response about correct grammar, you misspelled pedestrian.

But I, too, have been sending in my receipts and receive the same form letter email. Calling them has less success as no one seems to answer the phone.
    Sounds like a scam.

• Fl
      1st of Feb, 2009

You are not alone.
    See http://blogs.timesunion.com/advocate/?p=1030

• Ro
      8th of Feb, 2009

I am in the same boat. Three months of receipts and no card. Emails cannot be delivered. No doubt a scam.

• Go
      10th of Feb, 2009

Same here. I have tried to call their 800 number all to no avail. It appears to be a scam!

• Ga
      17th of Feb, 2009

I sent in my receipts for Sep, Oct, and Nov and have not received any $25 coupons. I called the 800 number in Dec and they said they had computer problems and to resubmit. This is Feb, still no money. I called them this morning (17 Feb 09) and the number does not exist and neither does their e-mail address or web site. What a rip off this has turned out to be. Sounds like a scam to me too!!

23rd of Feb, 2009

Guess we all are in the same boat. Called in December, and they said that they had computer problems and all gas cards would be sent by mid January. Nothing. Phone number is no longer in service, emails are returned, and web site is shut down. They got us.

• Mi
      3rd of Mar, 2009

Go to the website of the Better Business Bureau: http://www.bbb.org/
    and file a complaint online against whatever business gave you the certificate.
    Tell the BBB that the business was the one that gave you the certificate and should be the ones to make it right! Mention that you plan to write your state's Office of Consumer affairs, and Homeland Security, due to potential identity theft because Freebie Gas charged a fee, and it's possible that they could have access to everyone's forms of payment.

The dealership said that Freebie Gas is bankrupt (big surprise!) and has a lawsuit pending in Florida.

• Db
      3rd of Mar, 2009

www.gasolineredemptioncenter.com explains everything, their office in California was very helpful to me and sent me two amex gift cards. I'm still missing $25 plus my $5 registration, so I'm trying to find their number again. If you still have your account number or whatever they gave you, they should still have you in the system.

• La
      5th of Mar, 2009

To the person who suggested filing a complaint with the BBB; the business I got the Freebie Gas redemption voucher from paid my $5.00 fee. Can I still file a complaint against them? They did offer, as part of my furniture purchase with them, that I would receive $500.00 worth of free gas.

• Mn
      5th of Mar, 2009

I have submitted 4 months worth of receipts to FreeBeeGas and received nothing. FreeBeeGas is a Scam. I will be going to FL to personally find and deal with the company principals and employees..Anyone want to join me???
    mntmike46@verizon.net

• Mi
      6th of Mar, 2009

Laurie - yes, I would definitely file a complaint with the BBB on the business that gave you the voucher - it worked for me I received my check yesterday! (See below. ) I've already emailed a thank you note to the BBB. Good luck!

UPDATE!! - I received a refund check today from the car dealership, in the amount of $105.00 for the 4 $25.00 gas cards I didn't receive, plus the $5.00 fee.
    They actually came through and made it right! I'll let the BBB know the good news, and thank them for leaning on the business that gave me the certificate until they came through.

My previous msg:

I followed all the instructions too and no gas cards, so here's what I did, and it worked!!
    Go to the website of the Better Business Bureau: http://www.bbb.org/
    and file a complaint online against whatever business gave you the certificate.
    Tell the BBB that the business was the one that gave you the certificate and should be the ones to make it right! Mention that you plan to write your state's Office of Consumer affairs, and Homeland Security, due to potential identity theft because Freebie Gas charged a $5.00 fee, and it's possible that they could have access to everyone's forms of payment. I did that two weeks ago, and the BBB contacted the car dealership that gave me the gas certificate. A representative from the dealership contacted me today and said a compensation check would be cut today and mailed to me. I'll update this page again if/when I receive the check.

10th of Mar, 2009
    freebie gas - charged 5.00, did not fulfill deal
    freebie gas

This company charges $5.00 to participate in the program and then never fulfills the promise of free gas cards. Received frequent emails telling me they would fulfill the promise soon.

• Jp
      11th of Mar, 2009

Same here... no vouchers. I've sent in the reciepts for 5 months. Sounds like we need to get the BBB involved, or better yet, a class action law suit???

• St
      15th of Mar, 2009

FREE GAS, MY ###!! I TOO FEEL LIKE THIS IS QUITE THE SCAM. THESE COMPANIES HANDING OUT THE VOUCHERS ARE DOING SO IN "GOOD FAITH". I DO NOT BLAME THE DEALERSHIP WHERE I BOUGHT MY 2009 BUICK AND RECIEVED THIS EXTRA "BONUS". I HAVE BEEN FAITHFULLY SENDING IN MY RECIEPTS SINCE NOVEMBER 2008 (MY PURCHASE WAS IN OCTOBER 2008). I HAVE YET TO EVEN HEAR FROM THIS COMPANY, LET ALONG RECIEVE A GAS CARD. I GUESS I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN...IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT PROBABLY IS. THE INITIAL REGISTRATION CHARGE OF $5.00 IS GONE ALONG WITH STAMPS, ENVELOPES AND MY TIME. THE ONLY WINNER IN ALL OF THIS WAS THE SPECIFIC GAS STATION BRAND. STEVE

15th of Mar, 2009

gas is only 1.83 here and almost the same price all over the U.S. These free gas deals scams have come along when gas was almost $5.00.

Really if you can't spend $20 on gas it's time you give up your huge SUV or Hummer.

I don't feel sorry for the people who own those huge SUV's or Hummers and are going broke and into debt just having to feel them up 3 times a week. You have no one else but yourself to blame because you bought it as a status symbol and your having to work 2 to 3 jobs just to be able to drive it.

15th of Mar, 2009

ok zzokk how did you find out I posted here...? You had to look at my account to find it out and you are calling me a stalker?

• Ju
      17th of Mar, 2009
    freebie gas - no gift cards
    Greenbrook Sazuki
    Greenbrook
    New Jersey

Car dealership had a promotion-we won $300.00 in free gift cards. Register, send $5.00 and send $100.00 worth of receipts each month and get a $25.00 gift card each month. Have got nothing. Tried to call-phone disconnected-email-demon notice-send a letter-return to sender-I don't know what to do now.