Fort Worth Dating Company / SCAM- Sketchy & Predatory Business

United States Review updated:
I came in for a "screening interview" in June 2015. Under the guise of doing background and credit checks they take a bunch of information from you and ask you to sign a bunch of forms hurriedly as a "formality". The background and credit checks they tell you are to assure you of the quality of the candidates they match you with. Interestingly they never ran a backgroud check on me. The sales rep basically ran my credit to see what credit line I had and then developed pricing for the dating membership trying to max that out. When I expressed discomfort with that she then tried to ask for my savings account information. I was told that the next step was to get $200-300 photos taken for other candidates to see and this their services catered to professional athletes and high profile professionals that valued their privacy. I saw a few candidates overpriced Sears or Olan Mills quality photos which were not athletes but instead looked like regular guys who got fell into this scam. When I was expressed a lack of being impressed I was told by the sales rep, 'Well we can't be too picky now." I think if you are trying to charge me $10K for a dating membership I should be picky. Never was it clear what you get from this service. Apparetly, in one of the many forms the sales rep rushed me into signing, I signed a waiver for any refund for $100--for nothing except an hour and a half of being annoyed by some sales rep's high pressure tactics to basically try to rob me. This company used to be called Great Expectations. Later, a friend I met told me he dated a Marketing Director that used to or still works there and she confirmed their pricing tactics are indeed predatory. They run your credit information to ask you to charge whatever available credit you have as the full price of their membership. I have repeatedly asked them for the form I signed stating I agreed to a credit check and to pay $100 and waive any refund. No response.
Sep 22, 2015

More Fort Worth Dating Company Complaints & Reviews

D  7th of Dec, 2017 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I have used their services. They definitely do background checks. But I will not agree on no response. I have lots of queries and sale representative and other people of the fort worth dating company helped me with all my queries.
D  22nd of Jan, 2018 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
When I came for first time the representative explained me their services well in detail. She listened carefully and helped me with a good package. Overall my experience was really good.