Foreclosure.com / My house is not for sale

1 Georgetown, KY, United States Review updated:

Our Attorney received a call today inquiring about our house being for sale on a rent to own deal. Our house is not for sale and has not been. The person said they found it on a webside www.localrenttoownhomes.com. We went to the site and found that it is a pay site with a free 7 day trial. However in reading I found several people who were scammed with the 7 day trial and could not cancel.

Ta

Comments

31st of Dec, 2008
    foreclosure.com - unable to contact anyone to cancel membership
    Michigan

I became a member of foreclosurestore.com wanting to search for homes in my area. I was not completely satisfied with the site and tried to cancel my membership during the free trial period and money was deducted from my credit card after seven days. unsure how to stop more money being taken from me.

• At
      1st of Jan, 2009
    foreclosure.com - unable to cancel the membership
    foreclosure.com

I am not satisfied with the service and want to cancel before the free membership is over but I am unable to view the site online. the site is unavailable.
    I hope it is not a scam

7th of May, 2009

Why does the title say Foreclosure.com when the website that charged you is foreclosurestore.com that is not affiliated with foreclosure.com?

7th of May, 2009

Why does this mention Foreclosure.com in the title of the complaint when Foreclosure.com is not involved with this complaint? This complaint seems to deal with www.localrenttoownhomes.com that has no affiliation with Foreclosure.com.

7th of May, 2009

You cannot reach foreclosure.com? Our website is not down. Simply go to the website, log in, and cancel your membership. All online.

• Ta
      7th of May, 2009

Because if you type www.localrenttoownhomes.com it takes you to foreclosure.com. Mr. Manager you would know that already though wouldn't you. So foreclosure.com is very much involved that is the company that wants you to do the trial to get the information for houses that aren't really for sale. I feel sorry for the people that have sent money for this.

• Ta
      7th of May, 2009

oh wow! I just went to the site and now it takes you to foreclosurestore.com (which is also mention as a name used in the scams).. But well it has been changed from the day I posted the original complaint.

8th of May, 2009

Tampenn,
    We have not owned, operated, or affiliated with localrenttoownhomes.com at any time. If they redirected their website to Foreclosure.com at any point in time, it was not done with our approval or knowledge.

• On
      5th of Jul, 2010

Dont use this site. I had them cancel my trial and they still charged me. The next mont they charged me again. This site is a scam to get money.

• Me
      26th of Sep, 2010

I just google my home address and found out that my home was listed for sale by foreclosure.com in February 2009 and removed from listing after a few months. My house was never for sale since I bought it.

• Sc
      5th of Dec, 2010

My house is listed as pre foreclosure - but we have never missed a payment. My lender (servicer) has us up to date and on time with our current statement. We do auto debit and have monthly for over 3 years. We have NEVER missed a payment, but all of a sudden zillow says our property is in pre foreclosure. I was concerned because of all the fraud and robo signing stuff going on. Also, we live in a state where they do not need to take you to court to get a foreclosure judgement (therefore if they falsely paperwork or someone puts down the wrong house number, you could find yourself locked out of your home with no notice - scary...), so obviously I am concerned that something is up or messed up. After reading this stuff, I am thinking that foreclosure.com has some method of choosing homes (perhaps you recently tried to re - finance or you have excellent credit (as we do), then they flag your home and freak you out. Then you sign up for their membership to see if you are listed as foreclosure inappropriately. After you see it isn't in fact you, then you can't cancel their subscription. This site sounds like a total scam and someone needs to get the word out... Let your friends, neighbors know about this!

9th of Mar, 2011

If you see your home listed in error like this on a website, please contact the website directly so we can look into this for you. We list the properties on our site for informational purposes, but have nothing to do with the actual buying / selling of them. Many of our listings are coming directly from county courthouse records or government agencies, so an error of this nature could indicate that something was misfiled somewhere such as at the county courthouse and needs to be addressed. Please also keep in mind that our website has been around for over 13 years, and has never been affiliated with the other websites mentioned in this complaint thread such as www.localrenttoownhomes.com, or www.foreclosurestore.com. Many websites out there have very similar names even though they are owned and operated by different companies, and we would hope that someone would ensure they were speaking of the correct company when making a complaint. As far as cancelling a membership to our site is concerned we have a cancellation button available on the "My Profile" page of your account which will immediately cancel the account 24 hours a day even when we are closed. We also have customer service available by phone 5 days a week that can assist you with the website including cancellation, so cancelling your account with www.foreclosure.com is very easy to accomplish.
    Andy Miller
    Customer Service Manager
    www.foreclosure.com

• La
      10th of May, 2011

Why would a website redirect traffic to your site without your knowledge? It costs money to own a web domain. I see that the websites are no longer linked to your website, but it looks like they were from previous comments in 2009.

When you search for "forclosure.com scam" there are also several websites that are contain no user reviews. There are several websites that just contain keywords at the bottom. This is a way of blocking a user from seeing valid customer reviews while using a search engine. Here are two I found-

Why do you charge money to see the listings in the first place?

• Lo
      22nd of May, 2011

We have the same situation. Today i went to zillow.com and found my house is in the foreclosure status and the data is from foreclosure.com.
    I am so confused.

• Ge
      23rd of May, 2011

Also have a similar issue. Our name and address along with a filing date and picture of the home is listed as being in Preforclosure. Nothing could be further from the truth. The bank has no record of anything, neither does the courthouse, and nothing misfiled as suggested in some of the other responses to complaints on here. Credit report is also clean. So where is the bogus info coming from? They must just be grabbing names to add content to their website. Trying to call to get it removed is fruitless. Why should we the public have to waste our time trying to fix this bogus info anyway? To me this is clear slander giving people a bad name by using fabricated information.

To be 100% clear, this is Forclosure.com, Boca Raton, FL .

1st of Jun, 2011

I purchased an on-demand webinar on foreclosure.com today and found that I was not able to access it on either a mac or pc. I called the number they provided me for customer service several times and all I could do is leave a message.

30th of Aug, 2011

Thanks so much for letting me know about foreclosure.com being a scam... great thanks for the Internet blogs and active users such as yourself.

Man i feel like punching ppl who run ### websites like these who are taking advantage of the bad economy... well not gettin my one dolor... heheehe

28th of Mar, 2012

I used to work for foreclosure.com and can assure you they are 100% a scam. Charging money for information that can be obtained through any realtor or your local registry of deeds is criminal. Don't sign up.

Manager.

• Fo
      18th of Dec, 2014

They bill credit cards and don't provide receipts. This seems intentionally so that the owner may miss their bank statement and not cancel.

• Da
      23rd of Apr, 2015

Okay, So I been charged $29.80 for 9-months. I Forclosure.Com and they confirmed my cancelation with them. I was 6 days in to the free trial. Then I was told I reactivated my Plan with them. THIS IS INSANE… I KNOW THAT I UNSUBSCRIBED AND CANCELED. BE CAREFUL I WOULD ___________NOT___________ USE FORCLOSURE.COM. I been charged $240 and have not been using it ever since I canceled 8 months back. Its a scam. I see form others posting that you can actually get the listings from other sources that may be free. Just be careful all. We all work hard for our money. I just want to make sure I can warn others and help them from being scammed. Thanks for your time. God Bless. -------

Daniel Rom