Fitscope Fitness Products / Scammed out of 1500 dollars

1 11950 228th stMaple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada Review updated:
Phone: (604) 466- 9902

Went into store on a thursday to buy powertec sqaut rack with lat attachment bench and 250 lbs weights including 7 foot olympic bar paid 1500... Said he would deliver products to my home on Saturday which is two days later.. Didn't call or show up..and store was closed on Saturday and MOnday.. He opens up whenever he feels like it.. Went on Tuesday and was open. Asked what happen to him not delivering. He said his family member was ill. Then he said he would come on Thursday the same week at 6 ... "As I was leaving with my son, another woman pulled up in a Blue Toyota MAtrix. As I jumped in my vehicle I head her in the parking lot arguing with Chris the store owner for something she bought and he didn't deliver to her. So I guess he must scam everyone. " Which is today What do you know no phone call and a no show. I'm gonna take his sorry ### to small claims and take a video next time I go to the store and put this store owner on You TUbe so he doesn't rip off anymore innocent people... If you didnt catch the store name it is FITSCOPE FITNESS PRODUCTS or any name similar . DOnt buy from this Chris guy

Gy

Comments

• Gy
      20th of Jun, 2008

I am the person who wrote this complaint about this store. The gentleman that runs the store has delivered the product to me and has since apologized with a written letter. He admits that is was wrong to delay the product and was fully at fault. We had a long discussion and he seems to be a very nice guy. Thanks Chris for getting my product and helping me put it together. I guess I was a bit harsh on the complaint. *smiles*

• Gi
    MapleRidge
    British Columbia
    Canada
    Phone: 604-466-9902

I would like to thank Chris at Fitscope Fitness Products for his generosity, and help with the donation of a treadmill for my son that is recovering from an accident. You have made a big difference in our life. Words can't describe how thankful we are.

Mrs. Mavro.

• La
      5th of Jul, 2008

Yeah I'd say that complaint was a bit harsh, I have bought equipment from Chris for 28 years, My kids buy equipment from Fitscope too. Chris overstretches himself, gives great deals and goes out of his way to help. He delivers and sets up equipment free of charge. Try to get that service out of the big guys today! I don't think so. He is the best guy you will find in the fitness industry, and knows his stuff when it comes to buying and selling fitness equipment. (Carefully check his comment signed by Gym rat) At least he was man enough to apologize.
    Lance Blackwell MapleRidge

8th of Jul, 2008

I agree with Lance. Since I first went into the store and met Chris a couple years ago I have nothing but positive things to say about his work and business ethic. Be reminded that this is a local fellow, trying to run the business basically by himself. I have bought equipment from him for my use, as well as for the use of my clients and have found him to be very reasonable with pricing and very helpful. He delivered my elliptical to me FOR FREE using his own truck. He also told me that he would deliver one day, and then did not make it until another day, however, I know it was because he overextends himself rather than because he is trying to scam someone. I recommend evrybody I know who needs anything exercise equipment related to go to Fitscope and talk with Chris and rest assured you will get a good price and excellent service.

Thanks Chris!

29th of Aug, 2008

Paid $1640 cash for powertec leverage system gym, weights...29 July 2008. It's now 29 August 2008. No gym, no cash back. Just a lot of no show appointments to deliver and set up equipment and many excuses. Looked him up at the BBB - 3 outstanding complaints. So, ya, don't buy from this guy!! If this situation is resolved, I will post something here. Otherwise you can assume that I still have neither gym nor money :(

29th of Aug, 2008

Finally some progress! Received about 3/4 of my equipment. No set-up, but at least it's in my possession :) The rest supposed to come this weekend...hopefully it will!

• Br
      21st of Sep, 2008

Very worried and upset, waiting for product, over two weeks late. Has not returned any of my phone calls.Talked me into paying cash up front.I'm feeling scammed.

• Sk
      1st of Oct, 2008

anyone got a item or never get it from him?? still same results? never improve?

• Sk
      1st of Oct, 2008

i wish someone will post it here if they get same note "email" from him we can see the compare note from him...

3rd of Oct, 2008

Sorry, forgot to update progress here. Yes, Chris finally did come through with the last remaining part of our order. As mentioned above, we had to assemble the gym ourselves - it took several hours to get it right. Then about 2 to 3 weeks later he delivered the weight order - and it was incorrect. Another few weeks went by, and he finally delivered the remaining items. In the end, we DID receive everything we had paid for plus extra items in the incorrect weight order that he told us to just keep. So we are finally square. But it took until last week, and as you can see from my original post we ordered and paid on 29 July 08, so it took nearly 2 months!!!

16th of Nov, 2008

Yeah Kari your right It took a while to get things straightened out I was going through a tragic and difficult time this past summer with family as you knew and I am thankful to the customers that were patient and understanding with me during that difficult time.

• Ev
      18th of Nov, 2008

It's been nearly 6 months since my boyfriend ordered his gym and he is still getting dicked around to this day with random phone calls from Chris saying he is going to drop off the money he owes us. We were tired of waiting around so we went and bought the gym somewhere else and now all we want is our money back. My boyfriend even went to the store when Chris was there and was not able to get his money back at the store level. This guy is ridiculous and keeps giving us excuse after excuse. The day my boyfriend gets his money back, I might die of shock!! Don't buy from Chris at Fitscope fitness!! You WILL get ripped off! If we get our money back, I will update and let you guys know.

25th of Nov, 2008

Chris, the only post I have on here (until now) is the one where I actually stood up for you in reply to Lance. I think it may have been someone else who posted all of that other stuff about the gym equipment not being received. So I hope that you don't think that I am posting things when I am not. Any complaints I had went directly to you. I have not written anything about you or your business that is not supportive - I addressed you directly. Just thought I should straighten that out for you. My husband said that you replied to my post which is why I went back to this site...I still believe that you are well meaning and that your intent is not to rip people off. I still believe that you are overextending yourself and need to learn to communicate and follow through if you intend to keep business coming in. However, I know that you are genuinely a "nice guy" who just needs to learn when to say "no" and how to keep a promise.

25th of Nov, 2008

Sorry, I meant where I replied to Gymrat, not Lance.

• Ni
      26th of Nov, 2008

My wife and I purchased an exercise bike from Chris on Saturday. He delivered it on Wednesday morning. He seems like a nice person with good intentions. Maybe doesn't answer his phone messages right away but he seems like a good guy. I would recommend him and his products.

• Co
    MapleRidge
    British Columbia
    Canada
    Phone: 604-477-1197

Thanks Chris so much, I could have never set up that gym on my own
    it would have taken days. You were so nice to set it up for free. My husband just loved it. It was such a surprise for his birthday. Thanks again and I will sure be back for a treadmill soon.

Cori and Brent

4th of Dec, 2008

Hey there,

I can only say that I am experiencing the same thing. Chris, if you're out there today, Larry would really like the bench I purchased for him last June. We have phoned numerous times, dropped by your store, where we encountered numerous people experiencing the same thing. One couple said they were going to go to Chris Olsen (Olsen on your side) after they visited the officer from the fraud squad. Could you please deliver the bench as you said you would? Larry and I visited you two Saturdays ago and found you in your store. You said you'd drop it of later. Haven't seen or heard from you. Let us remain optomists with regards to human nature. We want to believe the best in people and would like things to work out for you in a legitimate business. If you follow through I will gladly change my posting on this site.

Thanks from Joanne

• Fi
      28th of Jan, 2009

Chris is GYMRAT and many others above. It's very simple to create a new profile on here and write a good experience letter!!

Don't buy from this guy period. I am in the industry and have to listen to many customers over the years complain about losing their money dealing with this guy.

He is an over weight muppet who by now has opened another store and is doing the same thing.

Be warned

•   6th of Feb, 2009

Just a note for anyone looking for Chris of Fitscope Fitness he is not on 228 St anymore, he has moved to #103 22550 Dewdney Trunk Road, just in case anyone is looking for him.

12th of Mar, 2009

I am in SHOCK!!! I met up with Chris before Christmas to Purchase The Multi System Gym as a Christmas gift to my Fiance, I paid Chris$1300.00 cash right there agreeing that upon Delivery I would pay the remaining.. We'll OMG NOTHING, I am so upset, Who does Business like this, Then I do my research and found this and everybody else just like me.
    Iv'e been so nice to him and well as you can tell very patient, Chris has given me a few No shows and doesn't answer my calls.
    My very sweet and understanding Fiance still has no Christmas gift.
    I on the other hand have run out of patience my only option now is to ask for guidance from all of you and possibly take him to Small Claims Court since I now have his last name, thank you for that, finding it on here,
    And I did get a receipt for proof of purchase.
    I at this point just wants my money back so I can go and buy The Multi System else where...
    natas1@telus.net