Fitness USA / facilities closed after promising "lifetime membership"

1 Southfield, MI, United States Review updated:

I joined Silouhette American in 1971 and was promised a lifetime membership. Silhouette American fitness centers closed. Their memberships were honored by Fitness USA with the same lifetime membership guarantee. Now Fitness USA has closed their facilities and has not made good the promise of a lifetime membership by at least providing another facility which would honor the promise of a lifetime membership. I paid $349.00. I still have a copy of my contract with Silhouette American. If there is any compensatory dollar amount to be provided or class action lawsuit filed, I wish to be included.

Sa
Jul 26, 2017

Comments

• Be
      26th of Jul, 2017

So you paid $350 46 years ago for lifetime gym membership - and now that the gyms have all closed, you want compensation? You paid less than $8 per year. Grow up.

18th of Aug, 2018

@Bellamie Wow really. Screw you buddy. It's a life time membership. That might mean nothing to you. But you pay for something that says that than say something.

26th of Jul, 2017

This has to be a joke.

• Ta
      20th of Sep, 2018

I have a lifetime membership for about 18 yr and i would like to find a gym that honors it for the price we had to pay.

• Ka
      6th of Dec, 2018

I bought a lifetime membership a while back for around $800. I used it and then I got my mom going. We had heard rumors of them closing and we asked about it and they assured us they were not closing. This was at the 17 and Van Dyke place in Sterling Heights. My mom paid around $1000 and 6 months later they closed almost all locations. The only ones open were an hour and a half away! Now they are all closed (from what I'm reading) and we are both stuck with worthless lifetime memberships. At least when I joined Charter Fitness, they transferred my membership to another gym.