First Source Advantage / harrassement

1 Indianapolis, IN, United States Review updated:

they call all hours of the day with a recording that says by continuing to listen you acknowlege the validity of this claim. this is always on my answering machine. They threaten, are non-compliant and totally harrassing.

Cj

Comments

Ta
  9th of Jan, 2010

On December 14th 2009, approximatley 3:00pm i recieved a call a phone call on my home phone, that number is not listed (its private) and under my husbands name. A lady named "Kristine" (spelling ? ) I spent 20 min on the phone with her going over my account info and discussing what i can do & cant do at this current time. She offered me a "OPT-OUT" thing i listened carefully, said i would like to " cant make a promise right now (*had to ck my income in & debts going out 1st) offer had to be an electronic payment ( asked if i could mail when i knew i had the funds). I didnt think much about it at first, after a while she started to get frustrated about my lack of not able to pay anything right then. She asked for the reason for not paying, I explained my situation apparently wasnt good enough- she wanted more: Kristine went on rapidly asking the following questions :"How do you get your money? / Where does it go ? How do you spend it? Are you married?"
:I replied : I dont think thats any of your concern.
:Kristine: Yes, it is you owe blank amount of money payment past due. became rude a spitefull.
:Kristine went on saying: "You didnt have a problem taking the merchandise out of the store"
:I didnt know what to say, for a secound like i had committed a crime, I COULDNT BELEIEV IT I SAID "EXSCUSE ME"
:Kristine: You have two cars and a house, you can still pay for.
:I said " I want your manager, " I felt degraded & low, (my eyes teared up) I said in a lould shakey voice "How dare you", and asked "Is my conversation being recorded"? I asked her for her name for id puposes"
:Kristine: Yes, it is . "Kristine you dont need my last name. (no other id form)
Her Supervisor Mark Bontempi got on the line i was in the middle of detail on what happend when he cut me off so say " I see you manage two cars and a house payment." So i was upset yes, in the end he said nothing was done wrong. I asked how they got my home number he said it poped up on dialer system or got it somewhere. Later i called the company & asked to speek to a top person of management or president form. I got a man named Jeremy Heltke i told him what happend he did not see what the problem was, and didnt understand why i was calling nothing was done wrong he said.
I asked about the recording ( they did not say that normal line ever1 usually says, ) he was not interested oin listening to it, and said they do not keep them they rercord over them.
I wanna know how they got my home # if it wasnt against the law he would have made sure to tell me exactly how they got it like i asked for> And HOW & WHY THEY CAN ASK ABOUT MY HOME AND CARS! how is that even relevant to the speacific situation they called HOW DID THEY GET THAT INFO, Hope some1 replies to me ps: i know i am a bad speller

Mr
  21st of Jan, 2010

OK first telephone numbers are not private, the collection agency is fully within their rights to call any number they want to find a debtor, with the exception of work numbers in some states. They have internet software that can find any number you ever had, and every house you lived in. Your sources of income are relevant because they are trying to figure out how much you can afford to pay. Your home and two cars are shown on your credit report which the collection agency has full access to, assessing your payment history on mortgages, credit cards, and installment loans helps determine how likely you are to pay. They did not really do anything wrong although they may have been rude about it. You owe them money they have the right to try and get it back, skip tracing software and credit reports are the best tools they have.

Mi
  21st of Feb, 2010

###ERS (DEBTORS)--PAY UR BILL I M PROUD OF KRISTINE MAKE THEIR LIFE MISREABLE ---HELLFULL AND PAIN THOSE U DNT PAY THEIR BILLS

GOOD JOB KRISTINE GOOD JOB

2c
  10th of Nov, 2013

First Source calls me about someone I have never known. I do not talk to debt collector ###. Here's what I did. It's quite legal. I have a stand alone digital answering machine. To verify what I say, see http://blog.positiveindians.in/call-center/predictive-dialer-disadvantages.html and https://suppoertforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-1353 in your browser. Because power and predictive dialers detect a silence of 0.7 to 1.2 seconds after the initial hello to decide the phone answerer should connect to a live agent, I changed my greeting to Hello... (2 secs) Hello... (2 secs)...Leave...(2 secs)...Message. Shouted of course! Gotta make sure the silences are very clear. Now the dialer sends the answering machine to the live agent, you can hear them begin their spiel, and then switches to the collection message meant for the answering machine. Sometimes the switch goes dark, as the dialer chokes on the error message generated and crashes. There is NO easy inexpensive fix for the collector. It annoys them in return for annoying me who does not owe the collector anything and raises the cost of collection operations (they can well afford it on their obscene profits). This will not work for answering services bundled with smart phones, but is good to go with VOIP.