Fidelity Investments / block access to investment account.

1 Cincinnati, OH, United States

Both my mother and I have had individual and IRA accounts at Fidelity Investments for many years. My mother's account numbers are Z41-249955, 2AX-931276, and 2AX-931292. Earlier this year, my mother, who is 87 years old, set up a trust account for her assets, and granted me a power of attorney to manage her financial affairs. In early August, I set up an account with Fidelity in the name of the trust with the intention of transferring her mutual funds from the existing individual account into the new trust account. On August 9, I submitted to Fidelity a Durable Power of Attorney form with all the necessary paperwork. Fidelity, however, refused to transfer the assets, locked up my mother account, and gave no explanation regarding what steps needed to be taken to free up the funds. For more than 3 months now, my mother has not had access to her funds. She is an elderly woman, and needs to sell her mutual funds in order to pay her living expenses. I would like Fidelity to contact us in writing with detailed instructions about how to remove the block on my mother's account. Thank you.

Cb