[Resolved] Fare-Compare.com / they make money on your mistakes

I made a reservation for a hotel stay and just after I hit the reserve button, I realized I booked the wrong date. So I cancelled the reservation and rebooked the hotel for the correct date wthin 3 minutes of my first reservation. Well, farecompare.com says I have to pay the $25 cancellation fee, even though I rebooked it with them within minutes of the cancellation! Its not like anyone else would have lost out on the booking at the time. I was booking a reservation to a hotel which had an over 50% vacancy rate! I called customer service and asked to speak with the manager who insisted that the $25 change has no exceptions! Last time I am using farecompare!!! If you use them, dont make any mistakes! It will cost you! And to top it all off, the "deal" that they gave me was cheaper elsewhere! Farecompare.com is a "prey on the innocent people" website who makes money on your mistakes!

• Resolution statement

• FareCompare Customer Care's Response, Jan 22, 2013

Hello,

My name is Joshua - I work in Customer Service for FareCompare and we apologize that you have had this issue.
    Knowing you experienced this inconvenience in November we would like to talk with you about potential resolutions.
    Please reach out to me at at - [protected] or via email at joshua(dot)bruton(at)farecompare (dot) com
    Hoping to resolve this issue.

Joshua