Fairfield Inn and Suitesfairfield inn lubbock, tx, 4007 south loop 289

November 23, 2018 (FRIDAY)

We returned to the hotel after visiting son and family around 9:00 p.m. There was only one man in the (dining) area in the lobby.

We went to bed and around 10:00 p.m. we were awakened by screaming and banging. I called the front desk and the woman who answered said "it was a church group, a convention, and they were eating their Thanksgiving dinner." I explained to her that we couldn't sleep and that it was TOO noisy. She said "yes, she was trying to quiet them down.See the Top 10 Worst Companies in Lubbock, TX" Many minutes later it was still too noisy (waves of yelling and stomping) and I called back. She said someone would be in at 11:00 p.m. and that she had contacted the manager and that it would be taken care of. I told her I was calling the police, which I did. We suffered until 12:30 a.m. or so when my husband went down and talked to the group. Soon after that it was quiet and we were able to go to sleep. (missed 3 hrs. of sleep and had to drive 7 hrs home the next day. (This is not supposed to be a convention hotel.) Our room was halfway down the hall on the first floor. We do not think the hotel did enough to respect its' guests. This was a horrible situation that should not have happened.