Extreme Fitness / Membership Renewal
Long story short,
my wife has 'Perpetual' membership with Extreme Fitness signed up on March 9, 2010 and as it states on contract, completion date is March 9, 2011.
On March 9, 2010 the initial payment was processed, and starting May 1, 2010 until January 1, 2011, the remaining 9 payments were processed.
Knowing these scammers would try to take money out, I stopped the payment on January 2, 2011 so that no further payment can be processed.
My wife went to the gym on February 8, 2011 and was rejected entry due to 'non-payment' and that when I spoke to the general manager today (Feb. 9, 2011) I owe them payment for the month of February 2011 and threaten that I will hear from their collection agency.
I am acknowledged with 14 days cancellation notice and I am willing to send them out a letter, 14 days before the contract completion date, which is MARCH 9, 2011, however according to their contract, (where I do not see a section), I was supposed to give them written notice 14 days before February 1, 2011, which in their record, is the next payment date. (I found out with the bank that I did try to take a payment out of my account on February 1, 2011 but was rejected as to my request)
My complain is,
1. Where in the contract says that 14 days before February 1, 2011 was the last day to give them the written notice of termination? Does anyone see it there?
2. They froze my wife's membership, probably as of February 1, 2011 when their payment withdrawal did not go through. Isn't the membership good through Mar-09-2011 anyway?
3. I never received a letter from Extreme Fitness, (30 to 90 days before the COMPLETION DATE) for renewal or how much my month-to-month membership would cost. In the contract is says that CAN increase the monthyl membership fee up to 10%. Was I supposed to agree to it without any written proposal?
It clearly states on the contract that my wife is obligated to make 1 initial payment and 9 monthly dues payments, not 10 or 11.
I do not really care about the membership anymore. I will probably stick up my third finger to them everytime I drive by any of their locations. The fact that the general manger threaten that I will hear from their collection agency in regards to the February's payment bothers me.
Attched is the copy of the contract with all names and addresses, info removed. I also submitted a complaint to BBB Canada. Will they help me?
More Extreme Fitness Complaints & Reviews
- Extreme Fitness - Terrible company 
- Extreme Fitness - Trainers and membership fees are terrible 
- Extreme Fitness - Rip off 
- Extreme Fitness - Registration scam 
- Extreme Fitness - Unauthorized charges 
- Extreme Fitness - SCAM 
- Extreme Fitness - Training Membership Scam
- Extreme Fitness - Bad service
- Extreme Fitness - Awful place 
- Extreme Fitness - Scam and cheating