Everpet Dog Food

Posted:

made my dog ill and he died

3.25
I used ever pet wet dog food for my 2 year old American Bulldog. He got real sick with the run and throwing up, before we could get him to the vet he started having seizures and on the way he passed away. He was a healthy, happy dog before we gave him ever pet. I just wont everyone to know what happen. I don't wont someone else to lose their dog or have to go threw what we had to go threw. I would recommend to not use ever pet. I wish I knew what I know now and I would have my baby with me now.
Complaint comments Comments (41) Complaint country United States Complaint category Pets & Animals

Comments

N  3rd of Jan, 2011 by    +1 Votes
I know this sounds strange, but have you had an autopsy performed? You could get proof of cause of death and that could possibly prevent the deaths of other animals.
N  13th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
I am sorry for your lose. We have been using the everpet canned dog food for years, and up untill a weak ago, our dogs have become very sick. They have had the runs, throwing up and lose of appitite. Our biggest one just got sick an hour ago. I am going to call our vet and see if there have been any other similar symptoms in the area.
We will never buy that crap again, and I will be contacting them.
N  19th of May, 2017 by    0 Votes
@skiddy8619 I just started feeding my furbaby Everpet dog food. I won't be feeding her this anymore. I won't take any chances. Thanks for the comments. And I am so sorry for anyone's loss.
All my dogs I have four have used Pediagree Dry dog food and Everpet
I noticed when the smaller dogs have wet canned everpet alot of times they too have the runs.
I was told by my vet wet dog food is harder on them than dry.
I assume yours was the canned wet variety as everpet also makes a dry food.
My hound dog has been on pediagree dry dog food and ever now and than everpet wet food since Iv found her nearly frozen to death and nursed back to health. someone dumped her in January than we learned that shes a diabetic. Assuming is from the dog food we feed her or just from the orginal owners not being able to take her to the vet for repeated visits.
She now refuses to eat anything I have to feed her twice a day and force down the food in a syringe. so sad shes on Hill country ad critical care and that is sooo expensive costing us 1.50.per feeding as the cans are smaller
I thought I might graduate her to the canned everpet wet puppy formula
But now I read this. My chiwawahs love the canned ever pet and eat daily.
I took the smallest one to the vet because her hair started to fall out but somehow she had and allergy to the flea powder I had used on her. So they gave her a flea pill and her hair is growing back Dont think from the everpet.
N  20th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
Could your bull dog have had diabetes?
Larger dogs 90 per cent of them have diabetes.
N  20th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
Now, I am begaining to wonder if feeding my hound dog wet everpet
dog food on ocassion at least five times each week could have contributed to her diabetes .
I noticed when I feed her the canned variety of everpet her blood sugar goes up over 700.
When I feed her ad hills critical care her blood glucose is about 167.
In addition when it goes up she has to have 5- 10 units of insulin ( needle Form) twice each day!
I had a puppy die who was on everpet and mighty dog combo two years ago.
Could it be the food from the dollar store.
The vet told me My angel the one that died was in healthy condition before I feed her the everpet on a two year basis.
we did an autosphy on her our Angel and her blood was thin,

YOu get what you pay for thats for sure.
Please pray for my hound dog her name is baby girl The insulin is so expensive and now critical care ad hills is too, But shes worth it guess I will chunk this everpet in the trash
Did you know you all can make your own dog food boil chicken add rice and chop or blend in the blender. Garlic will bring blood sugar down in Dogs.
Garlic is poisoning to cats.
A  30th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
I am so sorry for your loss. We too just lost our dog of 4years after feedign him the Everpet brand food. He began to get sick and by the next morning he had died and was bleeding from the mouth. The vet said that typically is caused by either an organ shutdown or by poisioning but that she would lean more towards poisioning due to the fact that our dog was healthy & happy prior to us feeding him the food. We are in the process of having a lab test the food for toxins now, but the results won't change the fact that our boy is dead @ only 4yrs old. Again, I am so sorry for your loss.
N  30th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
no autopsy done just what the vet thought was the cause. And I am pretty sure it was the food because my other dogs refused to eat any of the everpet food until I replaced it with a different brand.
N  3rd of Aug, 2011 by    +1 Votes
i bought ever pet puppy chow for my puppy and he got real sick with the runs and throwing up had blood in his stool and then died eariler today and i was wondering was there anything i could do
N  3rd of Aug, 2011 by    -1 Votes
I am trying to locate an attorney that handles class action lawsuits. If you know of any and would like to get something started let me know. I contacted the company and they gave me the run around that they haven't had any other complaints in the Texas area.
N  3rd of Aug, 2011 by    -1 Votes
Thats why I intend on getting the food tested. Without an autopsy the vet can only say what she thinks caused it.
N  3rd of Aug, 2011 by    -1 Votes
Its to make sure others dont loose their fur babies to tainted dog food. If you read past comments there have been several that have lost their pets and the store wont accept responsibility for it. All I wanted was it pulled of the shelfs so that no one else has to go through loosing one of their little ones.
N  3rd of Aug, 2011 by    -2 Votes
Its not speculation its facts and the tested food proves it was tainted. Have you lost a pet due to this food?
N  3rd of Aug, 2011 by    -2 Votes
Sorry but not according to attorney advise!
N  3rd of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes
I have already contacted an attorney for your information. If you haven't lost a pet due to this food why are you even commenting!
N  3rd of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes
I do have the facts and if you want to check prior comments I am not the only one dealing with this issue. Get your facts before you start judging others!!!
FOOD POISONING. SATISFIED?
A  7th of Oct, 2011 by    +1 Votes
My dog too has become ill after eating this food. I went and talked to the manager at the dollar store today about it. She informed me just two weeks ago the company had recalled the dog food though she didn't know why and then a week later sent it back to the shelves. I bought it tuesday and fed my dog that night, he's been sick with these same symptoms every since. I still have the remainder of the food and do intend to have it tested. My other dogs also refused to eat it.
A  7th of Oct, 2011 by    0 Votes
I lost one of my dogs in June after feeding him the everpet. My other dogs wouldnt touch the food luckily or I would have probably lost them also. My Buddy was only 4 and very healthy until eating the food. He started throwing up blood and before I could get him to the vet he died. I hope others are careful feeding this brand to their pets. I dont want to see anyone else have to go through what I did loosing my little one.
N  13th of Feb, 2012 by    0 Votes
my dog is 9 yrs old and is very sick after eating can ever-pet dog food she has been bleeding, vomiting and has loose stools.please not feed your pet this food.i live in MD, the stores in MD told me that they can't get anymore, put but before i knew it was the dog food they let me buy what they had and i feed it to her and she bleed harder.
Mildred Marsh
A  13th of Feb, 2012 by    0 Votes
I hope your dog will be okay. I lost mine last June due to the everpet food and even notified the store and company and nothing was done to pull it of the shelves.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree