Encore Nationwide / not getting paid!

1 Westminster, CO, United States Review updated:

Hello encore employers,
I have worked from encore for a few months and never had a problem with payments. Until now. I worked an edge promo 10 weeks ago and still have not recieved payment. And that goes for two of my follow promo girls that worked the same promotion. We have called, emailed and even contacted our onsite lead and no help! We need to get paid. And as soon as possible! We have evidence (Pictures) that we worked this event and we also have our site leader who would confirm we worked those days and hours. We are owned $288 for work. Please get back to me!

Christina naegele
Christinanaegele@yahoo.com

Comments

• Ac
      5th of May, 2011

I have not recieved payment yet either. I worked the final four at&t event in Houston 4/1-4/3. I have called and emailed them and a guy got back to me saying his accountant was behind working on Marches invoices. He said he would get back to me when he found something out and he has not gotten back with me and that was at least over a week ago.

• En
      22nd of May, 2011

Hello!

According to our IC agreement that everyone signs, payment can take up to 8 weeks.

You have two options when calling about payment.

Call the person who booked you for the job. Or email talenthelp@encorenationwide.com

If that doesn't work, send me an email with all the details of the event you worked. I will need full name, dates, promotion names and locations.

Larry Hess
    CEO/Owner
    lhess@encorenationwide.com

• Ia
      28th of Jan, 2012

I also work for Encore and worked a holiday Fragrance event...I am owed $400 and it took me about 2-3 weeks to even get someone on the phone to speak with me and once I did, she explained that, counter to the "up to 14 days for checks to be processed" info on their website, that the specific brand I had done the promo for, took up to 8 weeks. SERIOUSLY! I cannot wait 2 months for my payment. Overall, my experience was super irritating in ever area to do with the booking/contact person for the event. Most of the time I was not even able to leave messages because her mailbox was full...Also, when I did leave messages, she would: 1) not return my calls at all, 2) Call me back MANY days later and instead of leaving a message with an answer to my question (I was at the gym and phone was turned off), she left a message saying that she was returning my call and to call her back..ahhh!!! then, 3) I called her back multiple times and a week or more later, she calls (I thought the world had stopped! she actually used the phone!!) and she told me that I can expect to wait 2 months to receive the money. Super cool! I told her, "In the future you should tell employees if the payment policy is different than it is stated on the web site and also, I cannot even accept job offers that are being sent to me from Encore b/c I am broke and waiting for my check, to the point that I cannot afford gas!
    Super frustrating in the payment and contact with the booking agent but otherwise, I did enjoy myself lol and the in-field contact was EXCEPTIONAL. If I ever receive my $400, I will definitely work for them again b/c it's good pay (if you actually receive it) and a fun job.

• Ho
      29th of Oct, 2012

I've worked for several companies and Encore is my favorite. I choose promo companies for the flexibility, due to kids activities. In exchange, I understand payment for any promo company depends on the client ( and maybe their client) paying on time. Encore states 4-12 weeks, plus there is a clause in there about when the client pays.The longest I have waited was 8 weeks, which was well within the expected time frame. They pay above industry standard, one of the highest paying companies in my area. They pay for training time. They have paid me for time I spend online for them. Other companies don't do that. When they make a mistake they take care of it. I showed up for a show on the wrong day due to an Encore error and they paid me for the whole show, even though I ended up being sent home to hang out with my hubby. All promo companies have a policy about staff no-shows that is pretty clear, one late call in, one no-show, and you can be gone. Yet when I called from the ER to tell them I wouldn't make it to a show that started in just minutes, the only response I got was a call from my wonderful booker asking if my daughter was okay and telling me not to worry about the show. If you want a bi-monthly check, try a retail store. You'll only make minimum wage, but it will be in your account on time every two weeks. The stuff you complain about is standard for this type of work. The company isn't the problem. Your understanding of the contract is.