Ecco Shoes / outer sles disintergrating

1 #15-393`-198th StreetLangley, British Columbia, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 604-534=8400

I bought nice Walking Shoe Ecco, black Lace up with Gore -tex, water proved.
The outer Soles have Disintergrated . The upper Shoe in nice perfect Condition .
I went to IngledewsShoes where I bought them . They kept my Shoes to show to the Sales person .
After near 1 Year I got my Shoes back not fixed, No Explanation .
These Shoes are in mint Condition, eccept for the outer Soles.
What can I do ? Where can I go ?

Comments

• Lb
      15th of Jan, 2009

Exact same thing happened to me. High Trek boots in perfect condition...only worn a few times and the soles are falling apart like a bad science fiction movie.

• Bi
      19th of May, 2009

Its hydrolysis, It just happens to that rubber compound over time, not eccos fault, though they have withdrwan all shoes which have that problem and use a different compound now..

• Li
      3rd of Aug, 2009

I bought the boots with this sole...lasted 4 hrs. I thought I had stepped on some gum, as something was sticking to my shoes...I looked down and big hunks of rubber were virtually peeling off...top was beautifully new...shoe repair said there is NOTHING to be done with a molded sole...total bummer...no more ECCOs...and they were very comfortable and I wore them for years...they need to last longer than 4 hrs.!!

• Se
      11th of Dec, 2009

Ecco Shoes are a disgrace. DO NOT BUY!!!

It isn't the fact that these shoes are inherently faulty (which they clearly are)

it is the fact that Ecco will not compensate buyers of their junk footwear.

Boycott this amoral company!

• Cl
      26th of Dec, 2009

own 10 pair, various types, love them, but 8 of the 10 pair have rotting soles.
    I dont invest hundreds of dollars to get ripped off. if they gave a crap, they back every pair.
    are you listening, Ecco?
    better yet...are you listening, Ecco competitors?