Ecco / high prices for throw away quality
I have (had) a pair of ecco boots, insulated, gore tex lined. no problem with the water proof aspect, but the sole disintegrated and cracked in half. they did not wear out, but fell apart. I had owned the boots for several years, gave them little wear since they were only appropriate for extreme cold and snow, which fortunately wasn't happening here until this year.
Ecco-usa sent me a plastic bag to send them to repair facility which turned out to be a private, contracted company. They rejected the boots saying that they were out of warranty and unrepairable. I had to call to get this information, since the web site told me that the boots had not been received.
I called ecco usa's, who's response was that i could send them in again, to their returns dept (i thought that they were going to ecco the first time) for a second opinion. They kept repeating that the warranty is only for a year. My feeling is that wearing out is one thing, disintegrating is different.
The upshot is that ecco sells for high prices, but they really don't expect their products to last more than a year (length of warranty) and at least some of their products are not repairable if they wear out. Why pay such high prices when the manufacturer doesn't show much confidence in the product?
Ecco = high prices for throw away quality.
More Ecco Complaints & Reviews
- Ecco Shoes - I no longer buy ecco! 
- Ecco Shoes - disintegrating soles 
- Ecco Shoes - cracks in soles 
- Ecco Shoes - shoes (sole) falling apart
- Ecco Shoes - three times with three different ecco shoes!!! 
- Ecco - baseone s7 golf shoes
- Ecco Shoes - ecco golf shoes 
- Ecco Shoes - refund!! pls 
- Ecco Shoes - desert boots
- Ecco Shoes - disintegrating soles