Eboost Media / Eboost Media is horrible

41655 Date StMurrieta, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866 788 6942

Eboost Media is a complete scam. They promise to have your business listed in the top three spots on Google and Yahoo search engines. It's only going to cost you $100 for the first month and then $160 each month after that. Sounds pretty good, right? Well, here is our experience with the company. They were very quick to return our calls to get our business but then after they received our credit card info it was like they fell off the face of the earth. My wife and I both called them repeatedly and it took us about a week to actually talk to someone. We were told that we would receive a call back and EVERY SINGLE TIME NO ONE CALLED BACK! We had to continually hound them to get anything done.

And then once we realized they were not a legit company, they refused to cancel our account. I tried canceling with them four days in a row and although I was told that we were "officially canceled" I would later receive a call with someone from Eboost offering to give us a better monthly rate. I asked if the account was canceled and the lady told me it was not. So after reading other people's horror stories I finally canceled the credit card that I gave them so they wouldn't be able to charge my card anymore. It has been such a hassle dealing with this company and a complete waste of time for my business. We are still not listed anywhere near the top three spots on google or yahoo.

Also, Eboost is simply doing something that every business owner can do for free. If you go to Yahoo or Google's local business listing, you can submit your business info so people will find it in the local listing. You can submit photos and put all of the info you want customers to see about your business. Google and Yahoo do not charge a dime for this and it will take you less than 5 minutes to do it yourself. Or you can pay the geniuses at Eboost to set you up for $100 and then they will continue to charge your card and give you the runaround when you decide to cancel.

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THEM!

Comments

Ne
  19th of Aug, 2008
Eboost media is a terrible company and ripped me off as they did the person that wrote this review. I hope the FCC or someone is able to do somethig about them and Traffic@pros.com too!
Jo
  21st of Aug, 2008
lISTEN UP, THIS IS IMPORTANT...After 5 long weeks of getting the run around, i finally got my listing up & running by eboostmedia. However- I discovered i can get the same listing free from yahoo & google. Luckily, i reported my credit card stolen & was issued a new card. I did this the day after i signed up w/ eboost, just to be safe. So after 5 weeks of complaining, calling a hundred people, (& nobody EVER called me back), i am finally listed, but prospective clients must type in specific "key words" . I own a roofing co. So, someone must type in: " roofing portola hills". If they don't, my listing won't pop up. If someone types "roofing", mine wont pop up. In fact, the ONLY way my listing will pop up is if you type "roofing portola hills" or rightonroofing", (my co. name). but who's going to type in my name when they don't even know who i am?
So, don't cancel eboost, because they wont allow that. cancel your card. report it stolen & get a new card issued. I have a co. phone number for their main office; 866 788 6947. ext. 237. this is the "managers " #. her name is "Danette" Thier corp. head quarters is located at 41655 date st., murrietta, 92562. So please, let them know you are pissed off!
i have been running my business for 11 years & have other advertising avenues, including yellowbook (4 ads placed), they have great customer service, (they come to your home). So, i wanted to try other forms of advertising so i tried eboost. They are an upside down co., inconsiderate, rude & run their co. like monkeys on dope." So go let them know you will do everything to put them out of business. Co., like that don't deserve to exist!
Su
  28th of Sep, 2008
Yeah I was one of their victims too, but all they got from me was the first $99. I canceled my card before they could bill me again.You are wasting your time trying to call them NO one ever calls back and they don't answer the phone. I did speak to Denette who said she was the customer service manager she said she would call me back BUT never did so I tried calling her at ext. 237 like she said but that was a dead end. So I canceled my card. They also go by" TOP RANK LISTING.com" It's a DOT CON buyer beware!!
Su
  28th of Sep, 2008
I guess the best thing to do is ask them for customer references to check with and do a search to see if those customers are actually on google and yahoo and msn etc. also ask them to email you with their offers and then check them out with the BBB (Eboost Media has a bad rating with the BBB) and a google search.
If it is a good deal today it will be a good deal next month or next year!