EB GAMES / Fraud and scam

1 999 upper wentworth streethamilton, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I am writing this complaint on behalf of my son. He bought a video game from ebgames in limeridge
mall for his ps2 system, he was never told that you could only play the game online or even asked if he had the online service pack, when he got home and tried the game it would not play. We went on vacation
for a week and as he plays for a rep football team and has practice and one game a week totaling six days a week, he bought the game on june 28 and took the game back today on july 24 and the warranty is supposed to be 30 days but he was told they could not return the game because the seal was broken and the book was missing, although that is how they sold it to him as a used game and told him when he bought it if there was any problems that he could bring it back. They questioned the fact that it took him
3 weeks to return it as he explained his situation and busy schedule. When i called customer service they told me that there was nothing they could do about it. This is the third time they ripped him off and they have also ripped off a bunch of his friends in the same manner, i would recommend staying away from this store.

Du

Comments

• Jj
      28th of Oct, 2008

EB games staff are a bunch of junkies. I go to 1 eb game store I get one answer, I go to a different one and I get a different answer. This place is BS, I think the staff might get commission or they compete with other stores, and processing returns goes against their sales, so they try to avoid returns anyway possible. That is just my opinion based on my experiences at eBS games. The assistant manager also walked out on me when I asked her a question. I hope she reads this, I talked to the district manager, I dont think you'll ever go to the bank during your shift again.

• Lh
      16th of Apr, 2009

We didnt get comission. Were just not consistantly trained, and our managers suck.

• Wh
      12th of Jul, 2010

Since when are people supposed to know exactly what you have in your house? Should I know (since I worked at GameStop) what model TV you have, what game systems you have, and how it's all connected? No, I shouldn't. I'm not psychic and neither are you.

This falls to you and your son for failing to read. An online-only game for PS2/3 generally states that it requires an online connection to play. If you don't have the stuff to play it, don't buy it.

And no, we didn't get commission. They stopped that a long time ago when it created fights/arguments between coworkers.

• Br
      11th of Jun, 2011

EB GAMES HAS A ### POLICY WHEN RETURNING THERE DEFECTIVE ITEMS..IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO GET THE SAME ITEM AND TAKE A CHANCE IT TO WILL BE DEFECTIVE TO THEY SHOULD GIVE YOUR MONEY BACK AND YES I HAD A RECIEPT AND YES WITHIN 7 DAYS BUT BECAUSE I LIVE IN CANADA YOU CAN ONLY EXCHANGE IT FOR THE SAME, , BUT WHY SHOULD I CHANCE IT AGAIN ..JUST GIVE US CANADIANS ARE MONEY EB GAMES IF WE WANT IT BACK NOT YOUR EXCUSES FOR SELLING DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS

• Du
      1st of Mar, 2014

There are so many loser kids with lazy parents that play the hell out of the game and try and return it. Although ebgames stores are still over priced crap. Where else u gonna go. Kids abuse the games and expect full refunds. Cmon. It ruins it for ppl like the poster of this comment. Games are a huuuuge thing now. It isnt fair. However blame it on the ones that abuse it. Not ebgames. Although there is one comment I was told from an ebgames employee at limeridge mall. That buying games is like buy a car, one it leaves the lot it drops in price. Do not compare a car to a game. That ###ed. Try boycotting ebgames. Im a customer. A father. For those lazy parents out therelife can be busy with work n such. But too much video gaming seriously messes with ppls heads. As for the above post. U need to understand what ur buying before u spend the money and complain about it. That aint right. Most ppl review purchase and want to return cause the game was not what they expected. Well to bad. Sell it on kijiji

• Du
      1st of Mar, 2014

Also to the comment above my last one. How the hell they gonna know the game is defective. U could b it or not like it and say its defective. If its defective get another one. IF that one is too then maybe same day or next they may do something. If not get them to test it. Its most likey ur lying or u play ur system too much.

• Sh
      7th of Aug, 2014

Dont sell your games their either...went back 6 months later to redeem my credit on their card to find out all was gone...my drug dealer is more honest then them!