Early MomentsPoor customer service and misleading sign up

C Mar 07, 2017 Review updated:

I called on 3/7/17 at approximately 1:16pm about a charge I noticed on my account after signing up to what I thought was only a promotion to purchase a set of 5 books for under $5. My daughter was so excited and I was delighted to have gotten such a great deal. I shared the deal on my facebook of over $1000 possible sales leads for you guys. I don't recall ever reading a choice of package for a membership nor do I recall agreeing to a membership at all. When I called to inquire as I mentioned above I was told by the representative "if you didn't want a membership you shouldn't have bought the set of books" after clearly stating I only wanted the books and did not ever want a membership for ongoing deliveries. The representative chastised me and called me mean after cutting me off as I expressed my customer service complaints in addition to even telling me to continue to complain as she placed the phone away from her ear. after asking her to speak to a supervisor there was a pause and then her saying "well thank you is there anything else I can help you with?" I am absolutely disgusted and I plan on letting everyone I referred, to unsubscribe from your membership. What's a costumer service representative who is unable to handle customer service issues? The least she could have done was try to hike the sales by telling me the benefits for actually keeping the membership. The irony of it all: a catty customer service rep for a children's book club.
Cynthia Cruz
[protected]@aol.com

• Updated by cynrob727 · Mar 07, 2017

update::: I called back to speak with the supervisor "Dora" who apologized and successfully resolved the issue at hand and who also promised to follow up with the previous call I was on.
    Thank you!

• Y
      May 03, 2017

Dear Cynthia,
    We're so sorry to hear you had an unpleasant customer service experience. We're reviewing your account with the director of customer service in order to provide feedback directly to the rep you spoke with. We apologize for any inconvenience or discomfort caused, and we thank you for your feedback. This is NOT the experience we wish for our customers, even those who choose to cancel, and you can be sure we'll take this into consideration.
    Thank you for sharing.