The Company DUROPACK based in Delhi didnot make full payments to their counterpart Mackie Moving in Canada when we shipped our goods from Delhi,India to Toronto,Canada.
As per written documents we had paid full charges but in order to get our goods we had to again pay.They cheated us very badly.I have all the written proof.
A COPY OF THE LETTER WHICH I WROTE TO THEM IS GIVEN BELOW
Well I am extremely disappointed and stressed out the way things have shaped up here regarding our shipment. I am putting my compliants in writing as discussed over the phone yesterday with you.
1. You never told me that shipment was sent via Trinity Removal in Delhi I come to know from Mackie Moving.I was utterly shocked and felt betrayed. WE HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO KNOW HOW OUR BELONGINGS HAVE BEEN SHIPPED, moreover when we are paying you for your services
2. Proper documents not sent by you to Mackie Moving I have to call Duropack and also write emails to Sweta to put name of Mackie Moving as consignee and not ours. IS THIS MY JOB?
3. I have to call you, Sweta and Debasree of Trinity Removal at least 15 times or more and write emails about payment and sending receipt to Kirstie of Mackie Moving.
ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO ALL THIS AND INCUR PHONE EXPENSES AND WASTE OUR VALUABLE TIME. IT BECOMES OUR HEADACHE AND WORRY!
4. It was not expected that we - the clients have to get so deeply involved and your job is take the money and sleep.
5. You said shipping will take 45 days and delay of 5 or 10 days is understandable say
by 15th Dec 05. As of now we have not received anything.
6. Wrong destination sent by you to Mackie Moving i.e New York, when it should have been Montreal - the port of Entry.
WHOSE FAULT IS THIS YOURS OR MINE ?
Yesterday you told me the clearance charge of 625 CAD dollar i.e Rs 24,375 I am supposed to pay here after all the mess from your side.
My daughter, myself and my husband have to go through tremendous suffering mentally and physically.
We trusted you and developed a good relation and in return we get insurmountable heartache, worries and financial losses. We are still unsettled and you have never even enquired once or followed up.
Communicate with Kirstie urgently without disturbing me. Make the remaining payment which is delivery charge of 684 CAD (outstanding ) to Mackie Moving without further delay. I am forwarding this mail to all concerned persons.
Dr. Sanjoy Mullick