DTDC Courier Service / Non delivery!

1 India Review updated:

DTDC offers pathetic service. This courier service is run through a set of franchisees in different locations who are only interested in passing the buck to HQ or other franchisees and never deliver. In my case, the courier was kept by the Ernakulam Club Road Franchisee for 1 whole week without informing anybody about its whereabouts. After frantic searching we realized where it was. The Club Road franchise's reasoning was that the delivery point is 10 meters further from his boundary. How pathetic is that...

Vi

Comments

• Kk
      16th of Oct, 2008

I fully agree. I sent a consignment containig 4 CDs to my son in Kerala on 24th Sep. The consignment has not been delivered at the address till this date (16th October). On making repeated complaints all I received are stereotype replies and no answers. I have now sent a notice to the Chairman of the Company, to which also there is no reply. I am now informed by my son that about 4/5 days back a franchise of DTDC located about 10 km away from the address called up and wanted him to collect the consignment. A consignment if accepted is for door delivery and by demanding consumers to collect it from the franchise, DTDC is in fact commiting a fraud! I am determined to file a complaint in consumer protection forum against DTDC.
    KK Mohanan/Gurgaon 122002

• Sr
      13th of Nov, 2008

very poor in delivering the packet.

Lack of staffs...

• Lu
      15th of Apr, 2009

Yes, I wish i had known it before.
    Although i had such small experiences before, some teddy bears /chocoloates stolen.
    Once whole set of clothes taken away .
    Sometimes, would call to pick up the package on to recipient from the office and would threaten to send it back if not picked up today till evening.

But this time, it was worst as i got my international package stripped from most important jewellary item.
    It was told to courier guys, its artifical(it was) but expensive.
    Actually it was not jeweallry but simpe pendant for astrological reasons.

India, you know people believe in all these things a lot but someone didnt and stole something that was meant for pe per my birthchart.

these ### people ...when ire gonig to rise out of these petty things.

23rd of Jul, 2009

i certainly agree to all of u, can any one give me mail id of customer grievance cell pls mail it to my mail id anshuman.adas@patni.com

• Su
      6th of Sep, 2010

my packet was booked for the address where there is no dtdc service and returned back after nine days. very poor customer support.

• Ba
      6th of Jan, 2011

I am fully disagree with your corier service. We had sent a very important letter (C Form) to our office in Noida on 10/06/2010. That letter is not delivered or bounce back to our Office, Ambika Enterprises, Pallikaranai, Chennai -600100. We sent this corier at your office Narayanapuram. We went several times but that office is always closed. Your branch office address. DTDC Courier,
    NO.18 53, VELACHERY TAMBARAM MAIN ROAD, ,
    SELVAJOTHI COMPLEX PALLIKKARANAI, CHENNAI,
    Pincode - 600100,
    Phone: 044 - 32477474 / 9384830016
    Please take necessary actions regarding our courier if not we will take leagal action against you. Our DTDC Consignment No and copy of DTDC bill is attached as well.

Regards,
    Ambika Enterprises,
    No 187, 1st Floor, Velachery Main Road, Pallikaranai, Chennai -600100.
    Office : 044 22463032
    Mobile : 9841411800.

• Ta
      17th of Aug, 2011

Dear DTDC, VERY BAD DELIVERY SERVICES FOR NARAYANAPURAM DELIVERY OFFICES AND ROUND OF CLOCK PERMANTLY CLOSED...

TRY TO DO BEST SERVICES FOR ALL CONSUMERS..WHICH WILL BE FAILING DEFENATLY WILL BE TAKE NECSSARY LEGUL ACTION AGAINST TO YOU AS SHORTLY AS PER CONSUMER COURT OF LAW.

TAMILNADU SOCIAL WORKERS ORGANIZATION(Regd)
    #280, velachery Main Road, Pallikaranai, Chennai-600100
    Email:-trafficramaswamy1@gmail.com

• Ms
      27th of Mar, 2012

I also experienced very bad service from the courier delivery guys in Pallikaranai. These guys don't deliver and state false reasons such as address not found or addressee not available. On rare occasions when they show up, their attitude is also rude.

• Ba
      22nd of Jul, 2014

I really don't know who that m****r [censored]r is that's running it. All he knows is how to charge it's users thousands of rupees in shipping/delivery charges. I bet you the company is making millions of billions of rupees but they would not spend few thousand rupees to straighten their Web site or their server. Any time you try to track a package, it will say the server is down and try back in 30-40 MINUTES. I mean any time you try it, that's the end result. It's probably under some greedy B*****D politician's supervision. That is why it's untouchable and still in business and minting money off of people. DTDC DOWN DOWN.

• Pr
      12th of Nov, 2014

I wish I had been through this website earlier . I have sent a mobile worth 42000 and it is still not delivered . The customer care people are not even responding . DTDC is no doubt the worst courier service one can ever see. I am planning to file a complaint against them .

29th of Nov, 2014

Now a days DTDC services are very poor rather day by day its becoming worst ever courier service in India. As a corporate client as well as an individual, suffering tremendous issues. Everyday we have to send lot of important documents, materials to all over india, its really difficult situation if logistic company like DTDC can't provide the proper services.. DTDC Plus service is also taking 4-5 days and more than that instead of 24 hrs.

Kolkata

• Su
      16th of Jan, 2015

I feel so sorry to say that we are in 21st century and Courier Company like DTDC whom people of this country made what & where they are today!
    But DTDC as a company has betrayed and failed their customers trust & faith again and again
    Sorry to say that this company is full robbers and thief’s who steals innocent customers items just like that and customer can just do nothing about it other than raising an alarm via customer care which is nothing
    Much than name sake and absolutely has no control over anything or anyone!
    Or else who knows DTDC themselves training these robbers and thief’s later on selling customer items back in the market!
    I am one those unfortunate customer whose not one but five packages got stolen over period of 10 years, out of which recent two packages back to back got stolen,
    As I believed things will change with DTDC over period of time but it would been foolish to think that way...
    Anyway I would request again and again to all my mates and people of this country not to use DTDC and risk if you have valuable product which you care for, pay more if required but send it via other reliable Courier out there as plenty of them today or else you will regret it for sure someday take my word on that!

• Mo
      13th of Feb, 2015

my collague sent a Ducument from JHANDEWALAN BRANCH, DELHI to me in Okhla on 9th fab-2015. The Document has not been delivered at the address till this date (13th feb-2015).
    costumer care number 011-44900000/01/02/03/04 not response.

14th of Feb, 2015

My friend from Kollam in Kerala had sent me an expensive Montegrappa Pen which was intended as a post wedding gift for my son from Australia. The consignment was booked through the DTDC franchisee from Karunagapally (Kollam) vide the consignment note no:
    V20990950 on the 29th January 2015. Within 3 days of the dispatch all efforts to track the consignment showed a blank.The consignment was "MISAPPROPRIATED" by the carriers themselves after they realized it was an expensive and rare pen.Their executives conducted an enquiry and orally confirmed to me that the contents were stolen by the DTDC franchisee himself and will get me a replacement . Today even after a lapse of 18 days there is no clear cut response . Some officials like the RSM are sounding helpful, but now I am suspecting it is a larger ruse involving the company DTDC itself .I have sent more than a dozen mails to their offices in Bangalore, Alleppey and their Corporate office . But there is no official acknowledgement to these mails . I have also sent the communication to their senior management, but there is no official response till date . The RSM has promised me a replacement of the product but it has been a wait in vain till date . Will the DTDC officials come out of their cowardly hiding places, since they do not have the balls to face up to their customers who they cheat with impunity. DTDC IS AN ORGANISED CRIMINAL ENTITY STEALING VALUABLES IN THE GUISE OF OPERATING A COURIER BUSINESS. The management of DTDC should hang their heads in shame.
    I hope these so called "professionals" who run this business will respond to this complaint and do something to retrieve their reputation, or will they just keep quiet and add this stolen consignment to their ill gotten gains along with my curses.

CHEATED CONSIGNEE- JACOB MANI- CHENNAI- 09884829092

• De
      20th of Apr, 2015

Case# 00200067 || Consignment # V22362142 || Undelivered

I am sure this mail won’t affect your team a bit; still I am bound to mention few ticks below:

1. Pathetic customer service from you guys.
    a. It took Customer Service 5 days to reply back to an irated customer for a mail marked ‘IMPORTANT’.
    b. Unprofessional way of handling a query.
    c. No phone call from you guys even after asking so.
    d. Unavailability of Customer Service on phone. [The phone wasn’t picked for 10+ times]
    2. Even more pathetic experience with respect to courrier delivery (Sent: 11:30 AM, 30th march, 2015 & Received: 5:00 P.M, 4th April, 2015). It took your organization a whopping 5 business days to handle the parcel post:
    a. Constant reminders;
    b. Uncountable One to one interaction with the local representative;
    c. Numerous Calls (090269 64151; 099354 74222; 052782 45065; 093353 62633; 093052 29369; 098386 52747; 022330 04444);
    d. Charging INR 595 for a delayed service; and
    e. Fake and faulty promises.
    i. The local representative promised of delivery surety the next day on 30th March. (This never happened even after paying INR 595)
    ii. The local representative mentioned that we do not have any other service apart from dtdc plus. (I can however find other services too.)
    iii. The local representative promised the delivery surety again on 2nd April.
    iv. It was this date when the delivery did happen, probably because I refused to leave the office until I have written surety regarding delivery. The local representative thus promised me to mark me in an escalation mail (awasthidevesh@ymail.com) which never happened on 4th April.

It was an unimportant item that was part of the package. Had it been a crucial stuff (Say a medicine); I reckon, patient at the other end would have died waiting for dtdc plus service to respond and behave likely in above mentioned pointers.

3. There is a service Notify Me in your website which shouts of dropping a text message post courrier delivery. – I haven’t received any text message.
    4. I was even asked to pick the courier manually from Faizabad Franchise on 4th April. Is this what I paid for?

Now, since there doesn’t seem to be any difference in DTDC PLUS and any other postal / courrier delivery and the service has been comparatively troublesome, kindly let me know the way to get my money reimbursed. I want the entire money reimbursed (595 INR) in any form ASAP.

Kindly do the needful with no delay this time at least.

Devesh Awasthi