Drive Financial Services / Terrible experience!

Drive Financial Services
I bought a vehicle in July of 2004 from Drive Financial. I can proudly say that I have not had a late payment that was my fault. For example, I had so many problems with these people stating they had not received payments or taking forever in a day to cash a personal check.

This lead me to switch to auto pay. I asked to have my payment deducted on the 15th of every month. Now this sounds PRETTY simple, huh? WRONG! The 15th approaches and the money was still not withdrawn for my account. I called Drive to inform them that the payment was not taken out. So, one lady tells me that the system may be slow and to call back tomorrow if it has not been taken out. So, I call the next day and the next day (speaking to different representatives) and before I know it it's been 7 days and the payment is still not taken out! The rep. tells me that I will need to pay with a credit card to get my account up to date! On top of that they have added interest! So, not only is my payment LATE, I also have to pay a 10.95 processing charge for their mistake!

The Representative told me that he would adjust the interest and that I would not be charged the 10.95. I was still charged the 10.95. I canceled the auto-pay and just decided to pay with a credit card over the phone so I would NOT have to deal with any more problems. That same month a representative tells me that I am still on Auto-Pay and to wait to see if the payment is automatically deducted before I pay with a credit card. I had already canceled auto pay! So... it all begins again. I am stuck waiting for this payment to be deducted out of my account (which never was). I now have to pay late fees, interest, and who knows if all of this is on my credit. This happened to me for 3 months!

I have other complaints with this company but there is not enough time in a day to type all of it. Are we proceeding forward with a class action law suit? If anyone is serious about this, please let me know. If no one has started this process, I would be willing to do it.

A  28th of Jan, 2007 by
I have had problems with them as well I'm currently having some now with them , my loan as of 11-14-2005 was suppose to be paid out they claiming that theres late fee and deferred payments which leaves me with a outstanding balances of $2375.00 which my payments history clearly shows all payments was current plus late charges was paid and i was current as of 7-20-2005 to present. their say dec 2005 has not been paid ,which i paid them before due date, i paid them a payment 1-22-2006 as well and they are still saying i,m due for dec 2005. i am ready to join you with a law suit.please contact me if when you are ready to go forward with one David Broadnax 336-574-1068
N  28th of Jan, 2007 by
I feel that its not the Company buts its Reps, I think drive financial should fire everyone that do these bad rep they have working for them ,because they are a good second chance lender. I wish i had a way to contact real upper management to let them know about the type rep they have.
A  27th of Feb, 2007 by
I am not even a customer of this company, and I have so many harassing telephone calls from these reps, it is unbelievable. Go to this site for help: "http://www.fairdebtfaircredit.com". That's what I have done, and I promise not to stop there. This has been a six month issue, and I intend to stop this harassment, to me, my son, my family and friends. Yes, they have contacted all of the above and then some. Check out the web. There are many ClassAction Lawsuits against them for this and many other problems. Do us all a favor, and SUE!!!
A  29th of Nov, 2007 by
I'm joining in with the complaints about Drive Financial. I'm writing letters to the congressmen and senators in Drive's District, as well as my own congressmen and senators to see what can be done.

They are very incompetent, and their customer service reps needs training. They will harass you even though you sent in your payment. I always end up frustrated when I have to interact with them; they are so incompetent to no end. I'll be happy to join in a lawsuit.