Drive Financial / Rip off/ Scam artist

1 Sacramento, CA, United States Review updated:

Okay, so I got sucked into this old 91 toyota station wagon due to the time because I didn't have enough money. The dealership is Mint Auto Sales, sold me the car leaving out the part who is financing me ok.

Mint auto sales told me because my credit wasn't so great I needed a cosigner, and so my sister cosigned it. Mint auto sales said I had to deposit 1, 500 for the 91 toyotal old station wagon and that the car is being sold for 4, 000 only. Mint auto sales said my montly payment was only going to be 220 dollars because of my bad credit.

But here's the thing, if my sister who has great credits in her 800's, why am I paying 250 for a really old car. So they kept saying it was because of my original credit, and that my car is only being sold for 4 grand and they have a great business partner who would finance me the car for 4 grand, also that the more I pay the faster the car would pay off. They left out my annual percentage rate. The dealership didn't even really let me read the paper because he was flipping crazy fast, the mexican guy said, "eh no worries man, you know the deal, it's basic stuff with you buying the car, need your sis to sign, you sign, and we offer this warranty and gap insurance that will cover you for any loss of the car value if due to repo, totaled in an accident, and when it can't be sold back for 4 grand, ya know."

So I bought the gap insurance/warranty.

Next I signed all the paper. Mint auto sale said I needed to put another 300.00 that includes my gap insurance, other fees they forgot to mention for the warranty incase my car breaks down. That the 1, 500 was not included with the gap/warranty. I didn't have the money but they let me drove it home and told me to come back in two weeks to pay the 300.00. I went back after two weeks for the 300.00 payment. The guy said I forgot to sign some paper work. Stupidly I signed it!

He even offered me full coverage insurance for 60.00. the first day I bought it too. I said, no hidden fees right, he said no. A week later the car insurance "broke insurance" sent me a letter saying I'm not longer qualify because I didn't make a full down payment, and that my first down payment was only 60.00 and I left out the 300.00 that was my monthly insurance payment. Yikes! What a scam.

Next my biggest nightmare came true. Drive off financial sent me a yellow card with the title, Drive Financial. I'm thinking that's not the full name of who I signed it with when I looked back at the paper work. Also, the yellow card was cheapily printed and hand written with the amount I would owe in 5 years. (interesting, 5 years) The whole amount was 16, 800.00 for the 1991 toyota camry. Now that's crazy. I couldn't afford to have worse credit than where I am at already since I'm screwed into this crap.

So I kept paying but up to the 2nd month. The lady from drive financial told me I was getting my car repo if I don't get insurance. I said, I have full coverage with progressive insurance. She said, "well I
never got a statement from them that you made a payment, " and
I'm thinking what the hell, since when do they have me personally go fax them every month of insurance that I have?

She adds on "hun, you are driving our car without any insurance, we cannot take that risk" Although I paid it two days ago, and it has not been posted yet, unless the lady really did call, she would have known that it was paid, plus progressive is a well known great insurance that doesn't mess up usually. So the lady kept arguing and arguing that if she does not receive a fax by noon my car will be gone. So I even had progressive fax her.

Next she did that the next month again. I was getting really tired of their ### service. Somehow I fixed the problem that wasn't even a problem to begin with.

by the 4th month, I told drive financial that I would be a week late for my payment. The lady said ok, just keep me updated. Plus I always go in person to pay, and they're located on madison avenue too. within
5 days, not seven days, my car got repo. I called, the lady said it was because I never made a payment within those 5 days, that I had no insurance at all because I didn't fax her the paper, she needed to be updated every month on insurance coverage. What the hell!
NOw I'm pissed off! FIrst I got scam by Mint auto sales, who is their buddy, and by Broke insurance, and next Drive Financial who supposely went by drive off financial so that I couldn't google their business. NOw I call drive financial and say "I"m willing to pay for what the cars worth only. I'd like to refinance or else I'm not keeping that car, the lady goes "ha ha ha hunny you're definitely going to have to make lots of payment towards the tow yard, and to us, and getting insurance." I said no, I'm only going to buy the car for what it is worth, you guys said 4 grand now 16 grand, that's a real big difference. Fyi, I told you that it was going to be a week late, and now the car is gone and there's a bill at the tow yard, I'm not paying the tow fee, nor the tow yard. If you were a smart business you wouldn't have tow a car just like that no more than a week, and honestly having people fax you every month for insurance coverage is crazy, and by causing me to have to pay a tow yard fee, what makes you think there would be more money put into the car if it's going towards a tow yard? Kastly why would you think a person would want to do business with you for all this trouble, plus you're just going to lose a car, lose business with me, why don't you just sell the car for a real deal and not lose any profit at all when I know you guys won't go back for the wagon when the tow yard is more than the car would be worth the longer the car stays there."

The lady said "###, I don't think so." Then i said ### you, and hung up. Anyway that was the worst ### business I have ever dealt with in my life.

That business needs to be shut down along with mint auto sales who is in business with them.

Later I got a message from drive off that I owe 16, 800 exactly.
I went back to mint auto sales about my gap insurance and why do I owe anything. Mint says you never bought gap. I show them my receipt, mint says you never bought it, drive off financial bought it. I said why the ### would they buy that insurance to cover my ### and why do I get the receipt, obviously I bought it. NOw mint says, ok, so if you bought it, it doesn't cover repo, it only covers total. I said, first of all, why would I need that when I know a lot of full coverage car has their own insurance on car accidents, total type of coverage on
cars. They go, fine you say what you want, we don't have a record of you buying a car from us, we don't have your paper work anymore than two weeks when you bought it. I said, well then that is fraud to begin with when you guys stated that if I was not satisfied with the car in no more than a month, I can bring it back. I remember after the first week, it made some noises. THen suddenly my car wouldn't start until I've tried starting it like the 6th time. Mint auto sales didn't want anything to do with me seriously.

So again, do not do business with DRIVE FINANCIAL, MINT AUTO SALES, and BROKE INSURANCE (not brooke insurance fyi). I"m dead serious!

Ta

Comments

Ra
  23rd of Oct, 2009

I totally agree with you. I purchased suv in March and was a few days late paying the other part of down payment and they repo my suv. then made me pay for inventory and this towing when the truck was at the financial location off of madison. RIP OFF. I got the truck back but got my SUV repoed again for some bull. Never been late and I was ladi off my job so i made a payment a few days after the agreement date. they confirmed received payment but repo my SUV. Now mind you i dont owe any back payments just i was late. The lady stated tha they tried calling me and coming to my house but found out i moved and my number wasn't working. HOWEVER not one letter ever sent to me or anything. So I asked how do i get my SUV back and she told me i would have to pay it off fully???? That is crazy cuz I dont owe any late payments. so now im like screw them they can keep the suv. Come to think of it, I dont even think they put the car on my credit report. So NEVER deal with Mint 1 car sales off of auburn blvd unless you want to loose lots of money. If you deal with them at least pay cash.

Sy
  25th of Jan, 2010

I have had issues since day one with Drive Off Financial, the lady that works there name Robin, is VERY RUDE, DISRESPECTFUL in a Manner that is very un called for, It's to the point i don't even want to deal with her at all she has been very Disrespectful towards my Mother making rude and threatning phone calls, I have already made a complaint against them and nothing has been done because she is still there and still taking to people in that manner. Robin stated to me you PEOPLE, I was so Shock to hear that, This company NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN ASAP, I have never bought a car from a place that on a month to month is always DRAMA that you at the point to say, , , YOU KNOW WHAT, COME AND GET THIS CAR. I don't have to take this mess. I know sometimes we have to go to these car lots due to our credit but at the same time, we are human people that deserves respect.. IF YOU CAN DON"T PURCHASE A CAR FROM THEM !!!

Je
  24th of Jun, 2011

You do know that the lady at Drive Off Financial is the wife of the owner at Mint Auto Sales. I got screwed by them as well. I received notification that there is a class action lawsuit, but have not heard anything back regarding this. I paid 3500 down and the car had mechanical issues. I took back on day 2 and was told by the owner of Mint to wait for the warranty to kick in to cover the repairs. I was not happy. Then when the warranty did start, no they were not fixing the car. I was sold a car with blown head gaskets. And worse, the owner and his mechanic knew it. So when it came down to it, I told them to take the car back, no refund on all the money I put down and now they are trying to come after me for the balance. Worse, they fixed the car and resold it for about 10000 and are still trying to come after me for more money.