Dreamworks Vacation Club / Vacation club scam

1 Westampton, NJ, United States Review updated:

This company uses high pressure and incentives to lure people into joining "on the spot". Once you join you find out that the membership is worthless because you haven't purchased anything real. The free travel incentives are also bogus.

BEWARE!

Comments

• Ga
      8th of May, 2008

The above complaint was sugar coating this company. . .Dream Works is a NIGHTMARE, and should be under investigation. The fact that their mailer, which suckers you in, uses US Airways and Avis is a disgrace, and gives you a false sense that this *DEAL* and company are reputable..

Instead of spending $6, 400.00 for this, just flush your money down the water tube, save yourself a lot of anguish and invest $ 25.00 on an entertainment book.

• De
      15th of May, 2008

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!!! We purchased a membership for almost $7500 and it has been a nightmare. They are arrogant and uncooperative and basically we could have gotten the same thing through an on line travel auction or travelocity for the same weekly price. I can't believe I was this stupid.

15th of May, 2008

neither can I

• Ph
      3rd of Jun, 2008

Just received a very misleading mailing from them... Agree with initial complaint.

• De
      10th of Jun, 2008

I received the exact mailer advertising U S Airways. Thank you all for your information. You saved me a 100 mile round trip drive and the gas to pay for it.

• Li
      15th of Jun, 2008

You people have to much time on your hands. The company sells Vacations which are so amazing. My family and I have saved a tremendous amount of money. If you are mad about a marketing gift take it out on that company. Dreamworks is awesome!!!

15th of Jun, 2008

I went to Dreamworks and joined. My family and I have been to several places thanks to this company. We stay in five star resorts all over the world for $499.00 a week. Thanks Dreamworks.

• Ea
      15th of Jun, 2008

I went to see this company. I couldn't join due to personal issues. However, I wish I could have. The staff treated me and my wife with respect and kindness. I will tell my friends and family how GREAT the staff and the product is.

• Ly
      23rd of Jun, 2008

This company is a fraud!! they make promises, make you "jump through hopes to "try to get" the incentives, and then you find out that the incentives are not at all as they are presented. The incentive states that you can "fly anywhere in the Continental US". As it happens, after continual back and forth mailings, you are instructed "which" cities you can go to, and it has be be a 90 day window, and it can't be before or after a holiday, etc, etc, etc!!I would hope that anyone reading this, does not fall for their false advertisements. i'm not sure what the process will end up being, or how long it will take, but I am filing a formal complaint through the NJ State Attorney General's office to see if they can do something about the false representation!!

• Ti
      26th of Jun, 2008

How ironic...I came to this website to complain about COMCAST, and find myself defending my vacation club. lol

As I was telling another poster:

My husband and I joined Dreamworks back in January I can speak for both of us when I tell you we are happy members. At no time did we EVER feel pressured, my husband works in sales and would never allow that (for his own egos sake!) Our rep was extremely kind and honest.

We even received a FREE trip to Hawaii, which they already booked and paid for. The ONLY thing we had to do was pick our dates (we decided to go on our anniversary in November)

Its terrible that such a great company is being being thrown under the bus...

I wish you luck!

Ps, I still HATE comcast!

• Ti
      26th of Jun, 2008

How ironic... I came to this website to complain about COMCAST, and find myself defending my vacation club.

As I was telling another poster:

Its terrible that such a great company is being being thrown under the bus...

I wish you luck!

Ps, I still HATE comcast!

• Be
      2nd of Jul, 2008

This outfit is criminal. Dreamworks Vacations sells memberships in Global Adventure Travel. The incentives Dreamworks promised were not delivered. I had passed on a $500 discount off of membership to get these useless incentives. One incentive was a cruise. Once I jumped thru the 1/2 dozen hoops needed to book the free cruise I was told that I had to pay "fees" to get the free cruise. The "fees" were more than if I just booked the cruise myself. I complained to Dreamworks. Robyn Bernstein as Dreamworks said there was nothing that could be done. Another incentive offered a week at a condo resort. I paid the $100 processing fee. When I tried to book a condo, I was told that the additional resort fees would result in a charge of an additional $500.00. Again, I could have booked it directly for less. The third incentive was 2 nights at a variety of chain motels. When trying to book this I found the restrictions were so severe (blackout dates / blackout days ie ALL weekends) that I couldn't use it.

Global Adventure Travel is not much better. Whenever I have inquired about booking or gone on line and did a search, I have always been able to find a better price elsewhere. Recently, Global Adventure sent me a notice that my annual renewal fee was due. The notice said that if I chose not to renew this year, when I did renew I would be charged a reactivation fee, which is currently $147.00. The contract I signed with Dreamworks allows me to not pay the annual fee in years I do not intend to use the services. I contacted Global about this and they said that they have had trouble with Dreamworks and the contract they sold should have noted the reactivation fee and Global WOULD NOT HONOR THE CONTRACT. I have left numerous messages for Michael Coluard at Global but he has not returned any calls.

Has anyone had any success in getting a refund from this company???

• Bo
      3rd of Jul, 2008
    Dreamworks - Total lie and deception
    DREAMWORKS VACATION CLUB
    MT. HOLLY, New Jersey
    DREAMWORKS.COM

Promised free gas and airline tickets if we would hear their speech. Told it was their way of marketing, instead of using media or print. Given two worthless vouchers which you needed to send in money to get the airline tickets, therefore not free. Also given a coupon book to get free gas. I followed instructions exactly and have never received anything and have no one to contact. The sales pitch cannot be anymore dishonest than the people who promise free gifts and then give you worthless junk. They need to be stopped. Thank goodness i did not buy this product.

• Mi
      3rd of Jul, 2008

Has anyone noticed the people who visit these web site's in support of bad company's? Well that's their job. you see they search for complaints about their company and then try to discredit the author of the complaint. Don't trust them!

• Di
      4th of Jul, 2008

Any Orgnaization that uses misinformation to get you in. ie TWO ROUND TRIP TICKETS FREE, with a Complimnentary 7 day RENT A CAR, is going to rip off the majority of the suckers that bite.

I would like to see the lady who "booked" her Hawaii trip actually try to take it. Yes, they will always pick a few to give them validity.

Ask yourself this: How are they making mony by giving away airline tickets and rental cars? I have an IATAN card and am in the "REAL" travel industry. I have never gotten 2 free tickets and a rental without a ton of airline miles /points. What makes you think that a consumer is going to do better?

Dream Works Vacation is a SCAM. Dream Works Vacation is a NIGHTMARE.
    As always, buyer beware

23rd of Jul, 2008

I have never in my life seen so many greedy people complaining about free gifts!!! I attended a presentation at Dreamworks Vacation Club in Westampton, NJ, and everyone employed there was extremely kind and welcoming. There was no high pressure to buy anything, and I can say this in confidence, because I've been to my fair share of timeshare presentations. This is completely different! One thing that did bother me while I was there happened to be another couple that had sat in on the presentation with my husband and I. When the gifts were explained to them, they were furious and started getting loud with the gifting lady. One thing I must remind people, YOU ARE NOT FORCED TO COME TO THESE PRESENTATIONS, YOU CHOOSE TO DO SO ON YOUR OWN! Dreamworks explains that the gifts are provided by a competely separate company, and are not connected to them in any way.

• To
      27th of Jul, 2008

I think it is hilarious reading these poor me messages. Poor me, I wanted to get a bunch of free stuff (the proverbial something for nothing) Then I wanted to save so much money on vacations that I signed up and now I realize that I actually need to pay for something and I can't get it all for free so I am calling the State and writing on this website.

No wonder our country is going down the tubes! We are populated by a whole lot of people who will sell out their neighbors to save a few bucks by shopping at Wal-Mart and then complain that the world owes them more free stuff and want to get free vacations.

These timeshare places pay marketing companies to put butts in their seats, Nothing more or less than that. The marketing companies get paid a lot (I've heard upwards of $500 per customer or couple. The marketing company gets a deal from the airlines that is highly regulated as to dates and what not. If you buy a time share for 6000 then the company makes money, if you don't they lose 500. Of course there is high pressure.

Stop complaining about the free stuff you get!

• Be
      30th of Jul, 2008

booooooohooo! there's blackout dates on my "free" tickets, WAAAAAH! seriously???? lets pull it together people, you sound like a bunch of kids whining. ofcourse there's dates that you can't travel... the company would go out of business if they were servicing the weeks before and after holidays, IT IS THE MOST EXPENSIVE TIME TO FLY. let's use common sense!
    ps, i don't work for this company, i think you just all sound like whiney fools.

• M
      21st of Aug, 2008

I've been offered a job as a Customer Service Rep. at this company. How come I cannot find ANY information other than this complaints site and their own web site on Google?

• Ke
      4th of Sep, 2008

Evreryone please read: the only legitimate posts here are the complaints!!! every single comment regarding dreamworks shoddy, 2-cent operation is accurate, truthful and representative of their employees hard sell of lies & credit card rip-offs. even within their promotion after turning them down, you have to decipher a flight manual to comply.

People who leave compliments about a company on what they're "expected" to deliver do not visit a complaint web site titled consumer complaints and post compliments. their employess do!!! they post a couple of fake compliments to dispute and invalidate the 100% scam this co. is all about.

Tehy don't disclose the name prior to your visit because they know you'll do just this! investigate.

Go back and read some of their employees fake compliments on this site! how ridiculous they all sound!! if you were pleased with a product or service, would you come to this site and write a compliment? be honest!!!

No... you wouldn't! their salespeople all wrote them! example: 80 days ago by joe carbone [send email]
    I went to dreamworks and joined. my family and I have been to several places thanks to this company. we stay in five star resorts all over the world for $499.00 a week. thanks dreamworks.

Be real joe carbone!!! are you for real?!?!?!?!?!?!?!