Dr Bernstein / Banned from program

1 Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I am the next victim of being banned from the Dr Bernstein program!
To make a long story short, I went for my Dr's appointment end of March and had to bring my 2 year old daughter. She acted up at first as any 2 year old would being in a foreign environment. She finally calmed down but the Dr on site had no interest in seeing me and stated that she wouldn't take me in with my daughter in the room. I agree, my daughter was crying and having a fit but she calmed down within 7-8 minutes. I was still refused to be seen as the Dr stated that she didn't have time to see me as she had another appointment scheduled.
I called the call centre and wrote an email on recommendation from one of the staff members. I told them in the email that the behaviour was unacceptable from a Dr, that it was unprofessional and that I expected that action be taken to rectify the situation. I also stated that I would be going to social media to let the public now about this situation. Slap in the face to me! I received a very cold email in return from the Dr Bernstein office saying that any dr wouldn't be able to conduct an appointment with a screaming child. So does that mean that If my daughter cries, any doctor, regardless of situation, can refuse health care?
I phoned the call centre today and was told Mr Bernstein himself banned me because I threatened to go to social media!! I laughed! Of course I will let the public know that these people absolutely do not care to help anyone, they just want the money.
Was I angry? Yes. Was I frustrated, yes. Did i raise my voice? Absolutely. If the Dr Bernstein clinic wanted to come to me to fix this problem, I would have been more then happy to. However, Bernstein himself banned me and just shut me out!
They truley do not care for their clients.

Su

Comments

• Su
      4th of Apr, 2012

Nothing wrong with my parenting skills! Thanks though :)

• Wa
      4th of Dec, 2015

what is the cost structure for this plan?
    Iv looked all over and don't see any mention of costing.
    Something to hide there??

• Me
      17th of Oct, 2018

I had returned to Dr Bernstein at least 4 times in a ten year period. I was always successful in my weight loss. I was seen each week a least 4 times and saw Dr Anderson on one occasion . I told each nurse I was drinking up to 7 litres of water a day and they all said "great". Then my face swelled from too much water consumption and I questioned if my drinking water excessively had a negative effect on my lack of weight loss, as I only lost 10 pounds in 4 weeks. I wrote a letter outlining my concerns, especially at the disregard from both doctors and nurses at drinking too much water. I asked Dr Bernstein to take accountability for not forewarning me that I was drinking too much water, and asked for a 2 week compensation. Two days later I got a call from a nurse stating my letter was escalated to Dr Bernstein and I was barred from the program. This is the way I was treated after not just being a customer, but referring many to the Dr B program. My advise to all is try Dr Poon before trying this program. It is free and just as effective, and they don't shut you out when you question their mistakes and conduct.