Dodge / They treat people like ###s

Since I am from Garden Grove, I spoke with Union Dodge, first. And yes, it was a big hassle. They decided that I was a ### and treated me accordingly. Apparently, they think the cost per month rather than the overall price is what matters in finance. Is that how you operate? They also think I should be paying 8% APR. It's through THEIR loan company and they can't budge on that one. Right. They also thought giving me $2000 below MSRP was a deal I was stupid to pass up. Please! If it's $2000 below invoice, then yes, that's a deal. They even denied that the factory had incentives for them. They could have had me in and out and made a quick sale.

One of the salesmen asked if he could grab my keys and take a look at my car for trade-in value. I guess it was part of his sales pitch, but he laughed when he came back in saying I was crazy if I thought I could sell my 2003 Honda Civic for anything more than $5000. I sold it later for $9500. That's not the part that really pissed me off.

When I got back into my car to leave the slime balls I was dealing with, there was a condom left on my centre console. Was he trying to be funny? Was he trying to say something? I have no idea.

I made a complaint and it went nowhere.

A few months later, I decided to look in earnest for my new car. I went online to the dodge website, filled out some forms and a few dealerships contacted me via email. When Union Dodge contacted me, I wrote back that I will not deal with them and told them the story (again).

A manager wrote back that the sales slime I dealt with before had been fired two months ago. He also let me know that he was there to help. I had already bought my car at this point, so I asked how much it would cost to install uconnect.

No reply. I repeated the question a few days later. No reply. I repeated the question once more. No reply.

I guess he wasn't really there to help. So now I tell my story everywhere. Don't bother with Union Dodge.

Va

Comments

• Ta
      11th of Nov, 2008
    Dodge - Bad gas
    Dodge's
    Norfolk
    Virginia

I went to Dodge's on Hampton Boulevard in Norfolk last night and put gas in my truck. As soon as I left, my check-engine light came on. I took my truck to my brother's house, who's a mechanic, and come to find out that I had purchased some bad gas from them. We had to drain most of the gas out and now I have to ride around with my check-engine light on. I hope this has not damaged my truck. I've also had complaints from a few of my friends who said they all went to the same gas station and their engine light is still on from weeks ago. We even tried smelling to see if it smelt like gas and it didn't. It smelt just like water.

• De
      26th of Jun, 2009
    Dodge - Awful company
    dodge.com

I purchased my wife's car 2006 Dodge Charger. On a trip we had problems with the vehicle so we took it to a dealer and they fixed the problems and since it was included in the warranty it was fine, but we had to travel back so they were not able to fix all the problems. We got back to our home and I took the car to another dealer in the area and they said the warranty is expired. They told me the car was built in June 2005, I have no idea why the car is called a 2006, and even if they did that they should have the warranty placed to include the extra time or warranty start upon purchase, not when it was built. Technically you lose 6 months on the warranty before you even drive off the lot.

• 7o
      28th of Sep, 2009
    Dodge - Problems, problems, problems
    dodge.com

For month now dodge have been offering his dodge caravan base model for 14, 075 with all the rebates that the government have given plus incentive from dodge. The problems is that model it is nowhere to be found the same is happening with the jeep patriot none of the dealers have this model if dodge and jeep do not have these models at all why offer them on a big discount if they dealers will never carry them. It is these a trick to bring us to the dealers so we can purchase a high price cars or dodge do not want to produce them.

• Pr
      18th of Nov, 2009
    Dodge - Water leaking inside vehicle
    Chrysler Corporation
    North Carolina

Read this information about Chrysler cars. I will never buy another Dodge or Chrysler vehicle. The Federal Government bailed this company out of deception. Here is a link I found. http://www.daimlerchryslervehicleproblems.com/
    When it rains water leaks inside of my vehicle. One day I had half a buckle of water inside my car. There are over 50, 000 Dodge Neons with this problem. Chrysler sent me an email saying they will not repair. It seems like some government officials are in bed with Chrysler. If you are have a Dodge Neon and are having the same problem. Visit there website and send an email: https://www.chryslergroupllc.com/contact_us/form

If you can buy another vehicle and trade this one in. Do your research before purchasing. Research the loan company, the dealer, the car maker, and any recalls are the year the car in question was made. Ask for the dealer to show you a car fax report. A history of the car you would like to buy. If they are a reputable company. They will comply. If not, move on.

• Ok
      14th of Sep, 2010
    Dodge - bad attitude of chrysler credit super
    chrysler financial
    San Antonio
    Texas

I have been current on payments since last year. And when I could'nt make the payment timely I got an extension. However, today when I asked for an extension I was met with total rudeness. Some bb started making demands for me to offer up a post dated check on next months payment. After I told her post dated checks were illegal in Texas, she shouted, then you don't get the extension! I said; I did'nt need to do that last year. "YES YOU DID SIR!!" I'm sorry, but no. I would never, and have never given out a post dated check. "Then you don't get the extention. I have over 50k in new Chrysler products, but after that reception I'm questioning a future purchase. I have 3 Chrysler products. all less than 3 yrs old. THIS STINKS. But then Chrysler is now foriegn owned. Every foriegner hates Americans, So why by their shi2t.

• Sc
      3rd of Nov, 2010
    Dodge - Beware
    Dodge

I was very disappointed with the sales managers at this dealership. They were very condescending, not very helpful, and arrogant. I hate that I have to make a point of this, but I am a young female and all the sales managers were male. I thought that sort of male chauvinism was behind us. I guess not. My family and I had been a loyal Chrylser customers for years, but this dealership has definitely ended that loyalty. They only help you if they see making a quick buck from you right away. They don't care about you when you need help. So beware and don't ever do business with this dealership. They are located on Rt.4 in Paramus, NJ.

• Mi
      12th of Nov, 2010
    Dodge - Not fixing the problems
    Dodge

I have had my 2006 dodge ram 1500 truck for three and half yrs. i have had to have the turn signal controller changed three times at the dealer. It is going out again but they say it must be the computer module and it will cost alot more. why didn't they change it while it was under warranty i don't like the way this works out. I asked why it keeps going out because i have never had this problem before. All i got was we don't know but we have had the problem before. This makes me mad the way this has happen.

14th of Feb, 2011
    Dodge - Total idiots
    Dodge

We bought a truck from Team Douche about 4 years ago. The loan is now upside down because the truck isn't worth what we paid for it. Our fault for letting them scam us. When the drive shaft broke, we asked them to order us one. They told us they did not carry them anymore and they were discontinued. The truck is a 2004. I insisted that they find the part for me, and finally talked to a polite person, Jay, who told me he could get the part in. They ordered the part, and said it was compatable. We had a mechanic put it in and it drove fine for a week. Then it broke, the drive shaft bent and damaged the transmission. I called and talked to one of their salesman and told him the problem, and his reply was, "So what?" I got angry with him and finally got a manager on the phone. The manager said that they were not responsible because we had the wrong part put in the truck. So we had to take the truck to a transmission place, had to have the transmission rebuilt, replace the driveshaft, and the u-joints at $1900. So now we own a piece of *** Team Douche truck that's not worth the money we owe or have put into it.

• Gl
      14th of Feb, 2011

All vehicles lose value after driving them off the lot especially new ones. I'm sorry to hear that your truck let you down. It sounds to me like the dealership should have been more understanding and took the extra effort to find you a used driveline since Dodge has discontinued it.

15th of Jun, 2011
    Dodge - Faulty windshield wipers
    Surrey
    Canada

Dodge has a recall for windshield wiper failure on some Ram pickups. The recall involves replacing the wiper motor in certain trucks with a new style motor that is insulated from moisture which will cause the motor to fail and potential accidents due to loss of vision in a rain storm. My 2004 Ram 3500 has trouble with the wiper motor as well. At this point it has not failed; however, the intermittent wiper setting is screwy as it will sometimes wipe two or three times in a row, then pause and repeat. Sometimes it will not come on in intermittent mode, only when turned full on. At other times when turned off the wipers will not park properly, remaining up on the windshield. I feel Dodge should go good for all such problems where there is a potential safety hazard.

• La
      27th of Jun, 2011
    Dodge - Never Again
    Dodge

Shortly after that the dashboard began to literally fall apart.

There are thousands of cracks and one medium-sized hole and one huge hole in the dashboard. The medium hole was not there when I parked the truck for the night. In the morning it was there.

About the large hole, well, I tossed a wet washcloth onto the dash and it just kept going... right through the dash.

I don't think I will ever purchase another Dodge.

• Gl
      28th of Jun, 2011

What kind of Dodge and what year is the vehicle? What kind of climate do you live in?

28th of Jul, 2014
    Dodge - 2007 Caliber
    DODGE
    Las Vegas

The car will lose power when driving, almost at a complete stop. The first 2 times it happened were at night, the second during a downpour, and since I lose complete power of the vehicle, the hazard lights wont even work, so I'll have to get out of my car to alert other drivers so they won't run into my car! HOW DANGEROUS!!! The first "fix" was a complete computer system re-flash, $300. The second "fix" was to replace the Transmission Control Module, $600. 3 days after the second "fix", I'd driven less than 100 feet from a parking spot, turned up the volume on the radio, and lost all power AGAIN!! The 3rd "fix" will cost upwards of $1500!!! The worst part of all of this is that DODGE KNOWS ABOUT THE PROBLEM and they aren't doing anything about it! I've done a ton of research which all suggests that the problem is caused by FAULTY PLACEMENT of the TIPM which is receiving constant damage from water and dirt on the road, causing corrosion, which is then causing TOTAL POWER LOSS!!! This problem is not listed on any recalls issued by Dodge and that is UNACCEPTABLE!! Dodge needs to do something about this! If this loss of power were to occur on a highway or in a major intersection SOMEONE COULD DIE!! I plan on reaching out to as many people as possible regarding this problem, because I'M ONLY ONE OF MANY WHOM ARE EXPERIENCING THIS!! If you, or anyone you know is experiencing the same problem, reach out to me. If I can get enough people behind this, I'll get lawyers involved and MAKE DODGE HANDLE THIS!! We buy vehicles to make it safely and quickly to and from everywhere and we rely on them and the manufacturers to supply was with that safety. When that safety and peace of mind is denied us, THEN THEY HAVE TO FIX IT!!!