DNA Insurance / They are a scam they go into your bank account without your permission so just be carefull!!!

Coventry, England, West Midlands, United Kingdom Review updated:
4.4

Dna insurance brooker are a scam they go into your bank account without your permission so just be carefull!!!
I have used dna insurance brooker for the last year or so and i have learn't they are rubbsih i have recieved other people's details a number of times and they went into my account and took some money out without my permission now i am struggling to get that money refund back it seems like i will have to take legal action aggainst them so message to all the motor insurance and taxi insurance just be careful when the name comes up dna insurance brooker and try not to use them if you can and tell all the people you know not to use them they are based in romford essex

Comments

Ro
  23rd of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree +4 Votes
Dna insurance are very unreliable, and do really take the money without your acknowledge. my bank cancel the direct debit from this company, but the still went on and take the money and on top of that they charge me an amount of 20 pounds for an unpaid charge before the payment was due. now i am trying to recover my deposit money which i ' m sure they already recieved from the lender hsbc. paul smith who is the manager there, he is the worse customer service of the year. He is bold, arrogan and extremely agressive when it talk to customers and in relation to customer service too. i will make a formal complain by taking a lawyer in regard to this matter. i already lost £255, 000.00 in investment this year alone and even if it's a small amount they owe me i will make sure i get every penny of it back. my law team will pin them down.

THIS IS A FRIENDLY ADVICE, DO NOT EVER GO TO DNA INSURANCE, THEY ARE VERY POOR WHEN IT COME TO HANDLE YOUR MONEY. YOU MIGHT AS WELL KEEP IT IN A PERSONAL SAFE AND MAKE PROFIT RATHER THAN GIVE IT TO THEM...I REPEAT BE EXTREMELY VIGILANT FOR YOUR OWN SAKE!!!.
Ro
  23rd of Jan, 2009

car policy - Paul Smith (manager)
DNA insurance LTD
unit h
London
England, Greater London
United Kingdom
Phone: chesham close, rm7 7pj
dna-insurance.com

basically, i was supposed to get a refund regarding the deposit i paid for the car insurance policy. i spoke to one of the menber staff before who was extremely friendly and explained when my money will be refund on what date too. comming to the date which was wednesday 18 january 08, my money was not in my account. i therefore phone again yesterday 22 january 09 and spoke to that employee paul smith with an agressive and threaten voice telling me that he will call me in half an hour. he never did, i called again and this time stated "arent you listen i said i will call u later so why are you calling again" then promptly hand up on me. today 23 junuary 09 i called and had him again out of all advisers. he was arrogant, agressive, bold and called me an immature person, never let me finish my talking and theathen to cancel the refund of my policy. he is very rude and need to be sake. he spoke to me like if iwas a little girl telling" what else would i tell you that i already know" he then put me on to pause for 2 minutes and spoke again with that rude tone telling "listen lady your not happy hang up the phone". he has a very stinging attitude toward customers!!! i just asked him the details of the refund. i lost this year alone £255, 000.00 from my investment and will not lose that money even if it's petty cash! i will take every legal action against this company and will not let it go until i get every single penny i deserve.
Fr
  29th of Jan, 2009
Best Best Advice Agree Disagree +5 Votes
I have been having a similar experience to Richard Mersa and robert2221. I have had a car insurance policy and breakdown cover with DNA for the past 3.5 years. I cancelled my car insurance last year simply because they couldn’t meet my needs in terms of a policy change. At this point I had no problem with them, it was just I had to go somewhere else to get the type of cover I needed.

I have now been waiting over 15 weeks to get the money back from DNAs finance department.

Paul Smith is the finance manager at DNA and he is indeed an incredibly unpleasant man to deal with. Two of my conversations have been with him and that is two too many. As soon as the conversation begins he is unhelpful, unnecessarily aggressive and mostly just plain rude. He doesn't know the meaning of good customer service and has obviously never been on a training course. The second time I spoke with him, I informed him that I knew very well I had spoken to him before as I remembered his phone manner very well.

I have now been promised a refund on 4 separate occasions, but none has materialised so far. The first time I rang them was just over 2 months after the insurance was cancelled. This was 2 weeks outside of the original 6 week window that I was informed it would take before they would get the money back from the insurer. I was promised that a cheque would be put in the post as soon as the phone call had ended. Being naive to their wily ways I believed them, but nothing came. The next time I rang them I was told that DNA do not refund via cheque. They then basically accused me of lying and/or being incompetent as I was told that I therefore must have been speaking to someone in the wrong department.

The third time I rang I was informed that the refund had "...just been put through at 8:07 this morning...". Coincidence? No, just another bare-faced lie.

The fourth time I rang I was informed by Smith that there was absolutely no record of me ever having rang to complain about not getting my money back. I was then accused of being incompetent again and was told again that I must have been speaking to someone in the wrong department the other three times I rang, despite always selecting the Finance department on their automated phone system, and the person always answering the phone “Hello, this is the Finance department.”

I informed them that I was loosing the will to live on this matter and that I obviously cannot trust them to do what they say they will. Smith then said there was nothing he could do to make me believe what they were saying. I said simply please refund the money to my card whilst I am on the phone. I was made to wait a period of time whilst he “searched the records for details of the card that I paid with”. I was then asked what the issue number of my card was. I gave the number, and he said the details he had in front of him were for a card with issue number 5, so he couldn’t put the refund through as they didn’t match. I knew this was another lie as I have only ever had two issues of the card I use to pay. I was then promised for the second time that another cheque would be put in the post straight away and I would have my money within 2 – 3 days. I am now on day 2 but not holding my breath.

I said that if I didn’t get my cheque this time then I would call back again and be speaking to Smith’s boss. He told me that he was the boss and the only people above him were the directors. I said that’s fine I’ll be speaking to one of them then.

One of the most annoying things about the whole situation is that no-one at DNA ever actually REFUSES to give me my money back. They simply placate me with “…the cheque is in the post…” or “…I’ll refund the money back to the card that we took it from…”.

I am now in the position that I am looking into Citizens Advice for ways of dealing with this scenario as I have never been unfortunate enough to have to experience this level of incompetence before.
Ri
  7th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEMS WITH DNA TOOK A POLICY OUT OVER THE PHONE WHEN RECIEVED THE POLICY THERE WERE ALOT OF HIDDEN CHARGES WHICH WASNT MENTIONED.GAVE THEM MY BANK DETAILS BIG MISTAKE.I CANCELLED THE POLICY AND CHECKED WITH MY BANK TO MY AMAZEMENT THEY HAD TOOK A £120.00 FEE OUT OF MY ACCOUNT WHICH THEY HAVE SAID WAS A DEPOSIT THEY HAVE TOLD ME THEY WILL REFUND £35.00 OF THIS AND THE CHEQUE WAS IN THE POST THAT WAS THREE WEEKS AGO.THEY ARE COMPLETE CROOKS STAY WELL CLEAR OF THEM.
Ne
  15th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
Any complaints against a FSA registered broker should be followed according to the brokers complaints procedure. If that does not resolve your complaint pass the case on to the FOS.

Jo
  2nd of Dec, 2009
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
DNA is a scam, i am a car dealer and set up with them recently. I set up a direct debit over the phone and added my car stock to my policy. As the days passed i kept checking the Motor Insurance Dtabase to see if my stock had been added, 3 weeks on and many phonecalls still no joy. Its a legal requirment that cars be added after 14 days, or i the owner could face a 5000 pound fine. I rang DNA again pointed the law out to them and they agreed with me, after yet more lies as to why they wernt on the MiD they finally got them entered 4 weeks later. We brought more stock and again rang them up to add it to the policy, again days had passed and still not showing as insured. We phoned and got lies or they put us on hold until we hang up, 40 mins was the longest i held for. Baring it mind it takes most Insurance companys 30 minutes to get a car on the MiD it seems to take DNA 4 weeks, which is illegal.

We then recieved a letter saying we have not attempted to set up a direct debit (even tho we did this when we signed up) and that the insurance would be cancelled after 7 days. Needless to say we let the insurance expire and got rid of these rude arragont liars.

DONT USE THIS COMPANY...
  14th of Dec, 2009
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
Yes I am yet another person who has been drawn into this appaling insurance company - but hey - I will have the last laugh I have just instructed my solictors to take legal action against them so watch this space !
Je
  29th of Jan, 2010
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
My husband has taken motor trade insurance with them. They have refused to put our polish driver on the policy and today cut me off when I was trying to add another car on the policy; which led me to look for DNA reviews. Thanks for the warning up above as they have access to bank details so i will make sure that will not be able to access it when the policy expires. I am now thinking of just sending the details by registered post.
An
  15th of Feb, 2010
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Join the queue. They dna offer cheap taxi insurance but in reality shey shaft you good and proper once they have your money.
Ke
  26th of Feb, 2010
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I have to agree with all off the above they are unhelpful and bad mannered and also have taken 265 pound from my bank account without my permisson and no refusing to refund it back to us.DO'NT USE THEM UNLESS YOU WANT RIPPING OFF BY THEM
Pi
  10th of Mar, 2010
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Yep, i'm another taxi driver thats been ripped off by dna taxi insurance. If you fancy getting a cheap quote and then getting shafted by all mean call DNA. AT YOUR OWN PERIL !!!
Lf
  25th of Mar, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
i really wish i had read this before going to DNA..
it turns out they didn't set up my policy with the insurance company themselves, so took my money then left me without insurance.!!! as a taxi driver, having no insurance is not funny, however DNA don't seem to care.!!

currently going through Ombudsman, which you all should do to get this scandelous excuse of a company shut down.!
Pe
  25th of Mar, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Wish i'd never joined them
Policy they sent to me was one year out of date!
Been on the phone now 30 minutes to ask a simple question, no joy
Total joke
Dn
  5th of Apr, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
DNA Taxi insurance should come with a health warning to all taxi drivers. After taking out a taxi policy with them, the paperwork they sent was littered with mistakes. Half the answers i told them over the phone they've changed themselves. After phoning them to rectify these answers they want an extra £600. What a F*cking joke of a company. Their errors and they want me to pay for it. Well it seems like 'am another customer going to the financial Ombudsman Service.

Tread very carefully with DNA Insurance. My advice would be to get a full written quotation in the post from this company. Read the papers they send thoroughly. A cheap taxi insurance policy can get quite expensive.

DNA you T*ssers!!!
Pk
  17th of Apr, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Another victim of dna taxi insurance. complete criminals. They will not issue my no claims bonus. keep telling me they have posted it. LIARS!!!

STAY WELL AWAY FROM THIS SHAM OF A COMPANY. ARE THE FSA BLIND TO THE PRACTICES OF MISTREATING THEIR CUSTOMERS BY DNA INSURANCE.

STAY AWAY!!!

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH
Wh
  11th of Jun, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I couldn't agree more with everything that i have read / what has been written.
NEVER AGAIN will my husband and i use this dreadful company for our private hire taxi insurance
Ta
  25th of Jun, 2010
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
DNA insrance were the most helpful and well mannered insurance company I have ever dealt with and quite frankly I have recommended many friends and work collegues to them and they have all been satisfied aswell. I well and truly think that their Taxi department were especially helpful. Dont believe everything you read/hear. If people dont Pay up on time then what do they expect. I am going to keep recommending friends to DNA. DONT FORGET BAD NEWS ALWAYS TRAVELS FASTER THAN GOOD!!
Ph
  7th of Jul, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
this company is a total joke. they cancelled my insurance because my no claims discount was 1 day late because of mma insurance.
i spoke to 6 diffrent people at 6 diffrenr times and they all either dropped the call or put me on hold for 30 mins until i dropped the call, one promised to phone me back and never did.
there arrogant, rude diss honest bunch of tossers.
after recording the phone calls and threaten to take them to court then then told me i owed more money. i got robbed £250 for 2 weeks insurance . rip off...
DO NOT USE DNA INSURANCE, THEY MAY SOUND CHEAPER BUT THERE ALL CON MERCHANTS.

DO NOT USE DNA INSURANCE

SCAMMERS SCAMMERS SCAMMERS SCAMMERS SCAMMERS SCAMMERS SCAMMERS
An
  26th of Jul, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
REALLY WISH ID READ THESE COMMENTS BEFORE OPENED A POLICY WITH DNA INSURANCE SEEMS I AM ANOTHER MUG FORCED INTO COURT ACTION TO CLAIM A REFUND AFTER FINDING A LOT OF EXCLUSIONS NOT MENTIONED AT CONCEPTION
I HAVE PUT A POSTER IN MY WORKSHOP TO ENSURE EVERYONE FROM DELIVERY DRIVERS TO CUSTOMERS WILL SEE AND HOPEFULLY AVOID !!!
Ta
  24th of Nov, 2010
WORST COMPANY = DNA INSURANCE

This company is really ridiculous, and they are all very unprofessional people who just rip off taxi drivers.
Their attitude is very poor and they think they are somebody big because they answer a phone.
They just rip people off by exploiting their bank accounts and refusing to refund innocent drivers.
Everybody, I urge you not to use DNA insurance as even though it says it is cheap, it is the most expensive insurance in comparison to others.

DNA Insurance Services Logo DNA Insurance Services