Direct Gardening / Bad merchandise

1 St Louis, MO, United States Review updated:

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. Last year's order was fraught with problems but my daughter was told to plant and wait. So, when it was clear several plants were not viable, she asked for a refund. But she needed labels and dead plants sent back so she accepted a voucher which could not be used until this year since it gets far too hot to use mail service in summer. She used the voucher this spring and when she complained about the quality of some of these new plants, she learned that since the voucher was for last year's plants and since the guarantee is only for a year, this year's plants bought with last year's voucher are not guaranteed. Since one of those was a gift of a Mr. Lincoln Rose for me as a mother, I am really dismayed. I have pictures of the pitiful plant with its tag and asked for a replacement. Request denied! Two years of disappointment and lost money. It's truly the strangest thing I have ever encountered. Imagine that it's the age of the money, not the viability of the plants, that is guaranteed. The company has no reason to send quality plants. The company insists its policy is clear but they cannot or will not explain why the guarantee does not belong to the current plant. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

Bo

Comments

• Je
      8th of Aug, 2008

I bought a number of plants from DirectGardening. Reason was clear. The same plants are cheaper and shipping cost is cheaper ( $9.99 regardless of how many plants to buy.)
    I planted them and it has been 5 weeks now. I water them and check them daily. I am certain a number of them will not grow and I promise you that the plants came dead. I called and they asked me to return the shipping label and written requests to replace the bad items. Luckily I kept the shipper label. Since they mentioned that I need to wait 6 weeks for the plants to try to come alive, I need to wait another week before I can do anything. The bad part is that I will lose a growing season for those plants if they can send a good plants this time. I will keep you posted if something else goes wrong during the normal replacement process.

• Sh
      13th of Jul, 2011

This company is horrible. They have no customer satisfaction. My plants all came dead. They said they were dormant and would grow. They never grew. They will not return my money or new plants. They do not stand behind their guarantee. I have done everything they asked me to do. Over 25 e-mails, letters and calls. The people will just hang up on you. You need to go to the Attorney General to get any satisfaction.

• Sh
      13th of Jul, 2011

Ordered in April and didnt receive order for weeks. Everything was dead. I was told that they were dormant and to plant them, guaranteed would grow. July, no flowers have grown. They refuse to refund my money or replace the flowers even after various phone calls, e-mails and registered letters. Very poor customer relations. No one knows what they are doing there. They keep saying follow instructions and more letters will come on what to do. This is just crazy. Did'nt realize theyt have so many complaints against them.