Diamonds International / Stone fell out after 3 months!

305 Mill StKetchi, AK, United States Review updated:
4.15
Phone: 1-800-51j-ewel

I saw a diamond in Ketchikan Alaska while on a cruise. I called and ordered the ring when I got home (a cost of $3600 with my trade). They charged my credit card IMMEDIATELY. They sent the wrong rings. The one I wanted was sold so they tried a different store in Alaska - no ring. They found one in Couzumel Mexico and had it shipped which took about 2 months. Meanwhile, I am paying interest for something I don't have and they had my old wedding rings as a trade. 2 months with no rings!! I finally get the rings and after 3 months a small diamond on the left side of the center diamond fell out. Mind you, I take this ring off for everything - dishes, cleaning, etc. I had also taken it to the local jewelers to be soldered together. It had been cleaned and checked twice in the 3 months since purchased. There was no broken or bent prongs when I took it in for repair to the local jeweler. After many attempts to contact DI about the reimbursement of repairs (It took a 1 1/2 months to hear back from them that they would reimburse me.) they sent me a letter to sign saying I would settle for the cost of my repair ($225). I sent the letter and it has been another month and still no reimbursement. They are the lousiest business I have ever dealt with. They never return emails or phone calls. When they do it takes days to get any response and you have to be VERY DEMANDING AND TELL THEM OFF IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS. Then they act like they will do something and never follow through. I would warn anyone and everyone to only purchase locally with some kind of back up on your purchase. I will PAY TWICE AS MUCH AND BUY LOCAL before I would ever even give DI a thought!!!

Comments

Te
  28th of May, 2008
The stone fell out of the ring I purchased. It was supposed to be E color and VS-2 clarity. I was told to get an independent appraisal for the claim. I had an independent appraisal. The color is H with SI-1 clarity. I am returning it for a refund. Wish me luck!

Diamonds International Logo Diamonds International