Dermitage / False Advertising and Credit Card Fraud

1 San Francisco, CA, United States Review updated:

Dermitage false advertisement claims to offer a free trial of several products for $5.95 S/H. Once you give them your credit card info you start being billed a monthly fee of 89.95 and continue to receive the same "Free" trial kit. Trying to contact customer service is a waste of time and phone calls as lines are either busy or so called customer service reps hang up. Company under investigation by FTC and local Police Department avoid the rip off and problems for this snake Oil SCAM Company.

Comments

18th of Aug, 2008

I had same problem with this ompany and my credit card company would not refund because Dermitage claimed that I ordered this crap

30th of Aug, 2008

I just reported to my credit card Dermitage's charges on my account. I had ordered their free trial in May and authorized the payment of $5.95 as advertised. I went on extended travel outside my domicile June till August, and discovered in August that I had been regularly billed since June $75+ for products I neither ordered nor receive, not to mention $69+ for the May free trial product.

I live in Saipan, a US territory, and Dermitage's 800 number is not accessible from my area, nor do they have an email address I can contact, nor snail mail address I can send my correspondence to.

My credit card company can only dispute billings within 60 days. This means that charges in May and June may not be retrieved unless I seek legal redress through the courts. Duh! I guess I am eating crow for a while!

• Le
      18th of Sep, 2010

I also fell for their line about a free trial. When I called them I told them that to cancel my order and not to send me anything. They offered me a discount of 39.95. so I accepted, but stressed no more orders. They sent me a email noting the cancelation and no further orders. I have tried the product and I saw no results. Their claims are false. This morning I called them and told them I wanted to send their product back and a refund to my credit card. After a long conversation where the lady said they did not give refunds, I asked for her supervisor. At that point she told me she could refund half the price. That was better than nothing so I said yes. She sent me a email confirming this. Also I don't have to return the product. If they don't follow through with my refund or send me anything else and charge my credit card I am prepared to contact the state attorney general or whoever I have to and complain of fraud and false advertising.