Debt Recovery Solutions / Harassment

I relocated from Newport R.I. to Charleston S.C. five years ago. At that time I paid every penny of debt I had and I made follow up phone calls to ensure all accounts were paid and closed. I also had proper address changes and received mail from anyone and everyone.

Five years later I receive a bill from Debt Recovery Solutions claiming I owe a phone bill; they said they purchased the account from Verizon who actually verified that they sold my information.I told them I paid it. They started to harass me with continued billing and harassing phone calls. The call were threatening! Next they started reporting me to the credit companies with follow up phone calls. 'Have you checked your credit report recently.'

I have filed a complaint with the FCC and I received a reference number. The deleterious information continues to be reported and I have heard nothing further from the FCC.

When I called Verizon and asked for a copy of the bill and asked why they had not contacted me in five years. I was transferred to a dozen different people. Noone knew. What I received in the mail was a piece of blank gray paper. There was nothing to read. I asked Recovery Debt Solutions for a copy of the bill they sent me the sme piece blank paper.

This continues to this day.

Ro

More Debt Recovery Solutions Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ge
      13th of Nov, 2008

Trying to collect someone elses' Embarq bill, but with my wifes name.

• Tu