Dealtree - Cowboom / Worse customer service

1 Flower Mound, TX, United States Review updated:

I bought an ipod speaker system thru cowboom, dealtree/bestbuy subsidiary. Paid $18 for shipping cost. They shipped the speaker thru UPS ground and took 5 days. Then at the day of delivery, UPS informed me that they can't deliver the package as the shipper (dealtree) put 2 labels on the box with 2 different destinations. UPS has to return the package to sender (dealtree). So I called dealtree customer service demanding a swift resolutions. I was told as the package arrive to their warehouse, they will do a courtesy shipping no charge to me for the 2nd time. If not, i have to pay another $18 to re-ship the item that is their warehouse fault in the 1st place. The customer service (Jim [protected] ext. 318) made it sounds like it is not their problem and i should be thankful to receive the package in a later date. He even mention that he is doing me a favor by flagging the package instead of 10 days warehouse inventory before they can ship the package back to me with UPS ground. I was awed by their worst or lack of customer service. As a big company, bestbuy should be ashamed to hire agent with lack of customer service training. As I google dealtree, it seems like this is not the 1st bad customer service experience, many customers have rated this company as bad to deal with. I wish best buy acted to improve dealtree's customer service quickly before this company drag bestbuy reputation down. Avoid doing business with them at all cost !!!

Vs

Comments

13th of Mar, 2010

Hi Vsl1,

I'm sorry to hear about your poor experience with CowBoom. I would like to get in touch with you to find out more details (invoice number etc) to help correct the situation. . Sorry again for your frustration.

Chelsea @ CowBoom

• Ba
      2nd of Apr, 2010

Do you people at Cowboom Knowing the people of Dealtree? How is it I am in contact with you ?? and you tell me of my registration at Dealtree? and I am looking for registration on cowboom? Baffle me with your connections amaze me with the logic. Stun me with your wisdom of how things operate but I just would like to see my order again in the system.

5th of Apr, 2010

DealTree is CowBoom’s parent company. I’m sorry to hear about your frustration. If you are willing to provide some more information about your specific issue such as an invoice number I can direct it to the appropriate person for a solution. I will message you directly for details. Again, we apologize for your frustration and look forward to correcting this issue for you as quickly as possible.

Thanks,

Chelsea @ CowBoom

• St
      18th of Feb, 2011

Well I just received the same problem from Cowboom. A package wound up being driven around all week on a local UPS truck without UPS ever trying to deliver. I asked cowboom to get the package back from UPS and re-ship via USPS since UPS couldn't complete the shipment. They told me that I also would have to pay additional shipping charges even though this was UPS's fault, not mine. Cowboom chose UPS and they need to get them to give back any fees they paid them since they failed to deliver. This is not good customer support. I am just waiting for what I paid for and I am not paying extra for someone else's error. Cowboom, dealtree amd Bestbuy just lost me as a customer. I have other choices as to where I spend my mnoey and it certainly isn't going to be with a compant that puts the burden of others mistakes on the customer. Steve M.

22nd of Feb, 2011

Hi Steve,
    I just wanted to apologize for the poor experience you had with CowBoom. The customer service rep who was handling your call mistakenly believed that UPS had attempted to deliver your package several times. If this were the case, it would customer’s responsibility to communicate with UPS to obtain the package. We have verified that you have now received the item and thank you for your patience. Again, we are sorry for the inconvenience and have made changes to our customer service procedures to prevent this misunderstanding from occurring again.
    Chelsea at CowBoom

• St
      12th of Feb, 2014

cowboom cancel two auction on me with no reason and no help to keep as a customer

• Me
      23rd of Mar, 2015

Cowboom is the worst. Their customer service is a joke. It takes for ever to get an answer from them, and when they DO respond, it's to tell you that there's nothing they can do about an issue. I hate this company.