DealTree / Fraud and scam

I got 2 Sony Playstation 3's from a company on ebay.com with the User names sold_broken and 2ndturn. On the description of both Sony Playstation 3's they claimed they where Playstation 3's with the Mfg Item Number: 98000 witch is the 60 gig model or model number CECHA01, The only model of PS3 with the capability of playing Playstation, Playstation 2, and Playstation 3 games.

I ordered the first Playstation 3 on December 24 2008. When it came to my house it was not the model that I asked one was model CECHH01 or the 40 gig model. So I called them up asking to talk to a supervisor to ask for to talk to but none seemed to be in so I left a message on the voice mail. she never called me back. So I called again the next day I talked to the Operator on the phone he said that we where busy during Christmas and this kind of thing never has happened before so try again on e-bay.

About a week later I did what the operator told me to do I got another PS3 on ebay with the same Mfg Item Number: 98000 in the description But when this one came in the mail it was still the wrong model, with the model number CHEHG01 another 40 gig model.

They said they would take a return but that would cost me $80.00 in shipping fees. I understand that they where ether broken beyond repair or just needed hard drives go get working again but however they would not guarantee a direct exchange for the one I ordered and no refund on my return shipping.

More DealTree Complaints & Reviews

Plus DealTree - Terrible experience [8]
Plus DealTree - Trading scam [1]

N  15th of Mar, 2010 by

DealTree - Scammers

I bought a digital High-Def Camcorder on U-Bid auction web site from DealTree. They sold it as used but claimed it was thoroughly tested & it came in original box with unopened software, new manual & cables. It did not have a scratch on it, so i felt ok to buy, but when i tried to use it, it did turn on, but that was all. None of the buttons worked & it would not take any pictures at all. There is NO WAY they tested it, even a child could tell that nothing worked. So They Outright LIED ! Now i know why they accepted my low bid, It would be to costly & time consuming to send it back to DealTree & i have read up on complaints on their customer service being the worst. So i will have to eat it on this one. If IT Dosnt Have A Manufacturers Warrenty, DONT BUY FROM DEALTREE !
N  28th of Jun, 2011 by

DealTree - This trade in program is bullshit

This trade in program is ###!! they told me online I could get 114 for my old hp and over 100 or my old toshiba. only asking about how big the laptops were and were there any hard drive problems, (online) and there weren't, but at the store they *** ripped me off and told me they couldn't take them. cheap asswipes. Don't go to best buy they're a bunch of cheap lying ***. I'll tell everyone I know not to go there, *** I'll even make a *** website about how best buy *** sucks!!