Darrel Grandstaff, Grandstaff Roofing and Siding / Cannot follow through with his commitments and squanders your hard earned money

1 2910 Old Washington RoadWaldorf, MD, United States Review updated:
Phone: 301.922.1553

My wife and I hired Darrel to build our house because he came highly recommended. He advised us it would take 120 days from the date he received the building permit. (too ambitious) Needless to say he is six months over the completion date and has squandered all the money we paid to his company in draws away and there is no operating budget in his company to finish our house.

We have made every attempt to contact him and he refuses to respond to any of our calls and emails..

In my opinion, what ever you do whether it be a small job or big job, please stay away from him and his company because he will leave you high n dry and you will end up spending more money in the long run because he spent all of the money you paid to his company on something else other than your project.

Comments

• Fl
      4th of May, 2009

I too have had MAJOR disappointment hiring that sorry excuse for a contractor with a job still Darrel Grandstaff of Grandstaff Roofing & siding of Waldorf, MD. He is a horrible person, he has threatened to go to hurt us if we sued him or went to the attorney generals office. He needs to be out of business for what he does.

• Fi
      8th of May, 2009

I was told about CASES against a Darrel Grandstaff. Not sure if it is the same guy. Does anybody else know about this site or his full name? I was told the information came from a Maryland judiciary case search site. We are surprised this guy could ever come highly recommended.

• So
      17th of May, 2010

Please follow through with the Home improvement Commission to file complaints.

Perhaps if they get enough complaints they will take away his license.

• Sb
      7th of Sep, 2010

I have to agree and more with the comments about Darrell. He is a liar anf a thief, unresponsive when you get a stop work order, lies about talking to the county to fix the problem...in general put up a deck with no permit and wlaked of fthe job when the stop work order showed up and has yet to fix the mess he got me into. Not oly did he cost me the hard earned dollars I gave him in the first place but it cost me many more dollars on the back side to get a relialbe contractor to fix the problem. I can't believe he is allowed to keep his license. However I understand he is working under someone elses license for a new company called Southern Maryland Roofing and Siding. Please check into the company before you use anyone that associates with Darrell. Don't fall into that black hole that will cost you so much to get back out of.

• Md
      5th of Jan, 2011

Darrel is under a new business name under his wifes name
    www.southernmarylandroofing.com