Daltile Corp / Bad quality

I ordered 90 cases of Continental Slate Persian gold tile 18X18. The tiles are terrible quality. I am a paraplegic and postponed surgery to get the tile from a single run. While we were installing there were glue spots from where the cases were glued together. There were other spots which looked similar. When we started to clean tile after installation the majority of the spots would not come off. They are actually drips from glazing sprayers. These sprayers were clogged causing a very uneven application of glaze. Some tile seen to have none after grouting and cleaning. This problem did not appear until after the cleaning. I was told the tile were within normal variations and the tiles with spots would be replaced but only those tiles and no labor cost. This is not acceptable to me. Some of this tile is installed over thermosoft heat which could be damaged plus the cost of new mortar and grout.

Comments

• Ri
      25th of May, 2012

I also bought daltile from lowes and when it was ordered, they were told specifically to send the entire order, 500 s.f., from the same run.Instead they shipped it from two different run and neglected to mark the pallet or tell anyone what they had done.It resulted in a job that looks like crap.Lowes tried to deal with them for three months and after making lowes and I jump through various hoops for those three months, they refused to do anything about it.Do yourself a favor and don't go through what I and the man above went through, buy your tile from a company that values their customers instead of shoving an inferior product down your throat and then tell you their is nothing they can or will do about it!Their are hundreds of tile manufacturers out there, find one that will stand behind their product.

• Po
      6th of Nov, 2014

I ordered Daltile slate tiles. I waited for three weeks for them to arrive at my contractor's business. My contractor told me the first shipment came in with half the tiles broken. So, I had to wait two more weeks for a good shipment. The installer came with the second shipment, got half way through, and told me he couldn't finish because there were too many broken tiles in the shipment. Two more weeks passed and my contractor called to tell me the wrong tiles had been shipped to them. I will never buy these tiles again.

14th of Apr, 2015

I don't believe tiles are that bad since i used them many times. But there is a guy I believe he's name is Henry at Daltile in Maspeth.
    I came in there i was waiting to get helped and the guy didn't want to talk to me.
    I couldn't believe it!?
    I came in to purchase tiles for a commercial job I had and just because attitude I left.
    I hope Daltile is reading this because of him someone else made my $15000.
    Now I deal with a guy named Rocky. Best Guy EVER.

• Te
      28th of May, 2015

We are remodeling a condo in Florida. We visited Daltile in Largo, FL to look for tile. In the store they had a display made of alternating 6" and 9" Forrest Park White Oak tile. We decided that is what we would do the whole condo in. Two weeks before construction started we went back to the store, just to make sure they had plenty of the two sizes so that we didn't have issues during construction. They told us there would be no issues. Now our contractor is calling us, telling us that the tile is made in 2 different plants and colors don't match. We are trying to find out what is going on. We've called the store and the person we talked to told us James was working on our project and we would have to talk to him. We asked her to have him call us, but he will not. Have also sent an email to Corporate Daltile but they do not respond either. Buyer Beware!!! Do not do business with Daltile as they do not care about their customers!

• Pi
      5th of Nov, 2015

MAREKCHECH19 Henry is the best guy there - maybe you came with an attitude and that's why you get what you deserved. I've been going there for few years now and the whole team is great. They are all dedicated and very professional - I'd say maybe understaffed on occasion but most of time they will listen to you and give you great tips.

15th of Aug, 2017

Miami Doral. I will not come back again! Every time that I go there, I feel like I arrived in a bad moment. It has to be a corporate attitude since is the same in every department. Today was too much. I went to pick up my order and the guy was already mad. He gave me a paper and asked me to go outside to wait. I could see them through the glass making fun of me. After 10 min waiting, another guy asked me to come inside again to sign the paper that was my hand. Weird! The boxes were already in front of this guy. Nobody offered me to put the small boxes in my car for me. I felt very uncomfortable.