Cylapril / Fraudulant credit card use

1 931 Village Blvd, Suite 905-75West Palm Beach, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-772-8170

My credit card is being fraudulently billed by a company called, Adrenal Fatigue Institute. I saw an ad on TV for their product, pills that would erase fatigue. I ordered the minimal amount for $9.95 and I thought that was the end. I was completely wrong . . .

However, I was not aware that I would end up in a serious catch-22. After my order arrived, I noticed nothing. Then weeks later, I noticed my credit card was being billed without my permission. I called my bank and had them stop payment, but that has not been enough.

I went back to their website, www.cylapril.com and discovered their fine print is really a catch-22. In order to get off their list here is what it says exactly:

To discontinue your membership or request a refund, call Our Secure Customer Care Line at [protected] Monday through Friday between the hours of 10:00am and 5 :30pm EST.

When you call the line, there's a new phone number, [protected]. When you call that number, the line is always busy. If you try to stay on the line, the recording comes to an end and then hangs up forcing you to call again. Of course, this is only Monday through Friday between 10-5pm making it even more difficult to get your money back or get off the list. You cannot send their merchandise back without a return authorization otherwise you will not receive credit or your money back. I WANT ALL MY MONEY BACK from these ###. I want to you shut them down.

What stops me from coming down there with some sharp pitchforks and knives is the lack of time and money. I know I am not alone with this problem and I am very angry. Companies like these need to be stopped cold and put out of business immediately. If you see their commercials, usually in late night, DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THEM!!!

Su

Comments

• Xp
      10th of Nov, 2008

Cylapril is a scam!... I paid $9.95 for shipping with a FREE product.

Two days after I received their pills, I called their 800 number 888-813-4207 to cancel. For days, it was ALWAYS busy. FInally, I spke to someone who took my name and info and said they were very busy and someone will get back to me.

NO on got back to me. One more charge was billed to my credit card. On 10/30, I called and waited for a long time, then a "Jim" answered. When I gave him my information, he said that my account information could not be found and that he will get back to me.

No one got back to me. One more was billed to my credit card and their 800 was changed to 888-772-8170. I spoke to Terri S. She said they were very busy and someone will call me back.. I said that I am not falling for that again. She assured me that somoen will call me soon.

Finally a rude woman called Lynn ID #1156 called and you could sense she was ALL in on the scam... So, I gave her a peace of my mind... She canceled and gave me a confirmation number... and she refunded the rd charge but she refused to issue a refund for the 2nd charge... I asked to speak to a Manager.. and I have been on hold for 30 minutes.

Will keep you posted.

10th of Nov, 2008

The Manager turned to be another rude woman called Johnna ID # 2019. Although LynnID #1156 CONFIRMED that the 3rd charge WAS refunded and I should see it on my credit card in 3-5 business day, Johnna ID # 2019 started spinning, and insulting my intelligence. She said that Lynn did not refund the 3rd charge... but she will give me half of it... WTF?

I hung up on her and called my credit card compony who GLADLY disputed the 2nd and 3rd charges.

I have NEVER seen more despearte MF in the history of mail order... If anyone knows the websites to file complaintes withe the DA, BBB, FBI, consumer fraud, etc... please post them so we can all submit complaints

11th of Nov, 2008

Yesterday, I was fuming because I received another package from Adrenal Fatigue. When I went to my bank statement, I noticed the 888-772-8170 number. When I called, I was given an RMA & a cancellation number. She told me to get a tracking number from the post office so I could be sure the package arrives.

She kept saying she could hear the anger in my voice. I was told I would have to pay a 15% restocking fee and that they would only refund 2 of the 3 packages. I told her I wanted ALL my money back and I wouldn't rest until I got it all back. So far, I've lost, $220.65 with this company and as we all know, the squeeky wheel gets the grease. I plan on being the squeeky wheel . Hopefully, I'll get back more than $187.55

I've written to both attorney generals: Lisa Madigan of Illinois and Bill McCollum (ag.mccollum@myfloridalegal.com) of Florida. I will continue to fight these guys until I get all of my money. This is where being a pain in the ### & a ### will come in handy.

Their game: to get you to order the sample. The sample looks innocent until you discover your credit card is on the hook. They bill you for several shipments. They've legally bound and gagged you while using a bait and switch. Once you've been forced to take their shipments, called the wrong numbers to cancel, then they finally give you the right number. Once you dial the right number, you're forced to keep at least one of their shipments and you're forced to forgo a 15% restocking fee.

I just wish I'd cancelled my credit card after the first shipment. But I'm writing this to let others know, either cancel your card or don't order this product at all. It really doesn't work. Its all herbs like, (Revitalizer bottle) bee pollen, black cohosh root powder, ashwagandha powder, , rhodiola rosea root, some blend of cylapril anti-stress but it doesn't say what that is, no details as to what the anti-stress consists of.

(Regulator bottle) Fatigue blend but no details as to what's in the *blend*. Adrenal ext bovine, schizandra, pregeneolone, licorice root powder, passion flower ext, biotin, panax ginseng, jujube extract, manganes ascorbate, 5-HTP & zine ascorbate.

(Energy support bottle) thiamine, riboflavin B2, pyridoxine, pantothenic acid, vitamin B12, biotin, folic acid, whey conccentrate.

I've listed the ingredients from all 3 sample bottles. You get this in every shipment. I listed them because I don't want you to still be curious and order any of this crap! You can buy all this stuff at your local health food store and not get scammed like me and others. I'm on my way to the post office with what little money I have left to ship this crap back to them, registered & insured so it doesn't get lost.

Stay tuned . . .

• Pe
      15th of Nov, 2008

The Better Business Bureau branch you want to file a complaint with is below:

We filed a complaint but the company ignored it.

16th of Nov, 2008

I was forced by the bank to cancel my credit card. I also mailed their crap back, $10.80 with a return receipt (that little green card that gets mailed back to you). Now, I have to wait for them to refund my money. They told me at least 10-14 days for that to happen. I'm still pissed and I want someone to sue them into eternity!!!

16th of Nov, 2008

I see there is an Better Business Bureau email address but look at the outcome, it was ignored. Don't you get the feeling, the BBB is getting kickbacks when your complaint goes ignored! It's terrible but this is what's happening. And when people take the law into their own hands, the courts get mad and jail the person. People & companies are only in it for themselves, damn the consumer . . . just let them drown while we get ours.

Well, what goes around comes back around . . .

17th of Nov, 2008

...continued from above.

Following the "BS" I got from Cyapril above, my $49.95 disputed credit card charge became permanent! Hoorray!... Here is the letter from the CC company:

We have great news! The billing dispute on your Citi(R)
    Platinum Select(R) account for the transaction on 10/14/2008
    in the amount of $49.95 at CYLAPRIL 888 813-4207 W PALM
    BEACH FL has been resolved.

The conditional credit previously posted to your account is
    now permanent.

We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you.

• Ro
      23rd of Nov, 2008

I KNEW this was a scam!! Mainly because on their website, the fine print was at the bottom of the page and was really hard to read, it was so light. I bolded the fine print as if to copy it, and read it that way. If you get the free sample, they charge your card in 2 weeks. If you buy the 3-month special, they charge you for more product in 30 days.
    This is abviously one of the "I got your credit card number and your'e on the hook because of our fine print" type of scam.
    The catch is that you don't expect another shipment, but that's how they make money, by repeatedly sending you more product, over and over, and charging your card every tume.
    What incentive do they have for their customer service to be nice and helpful and responsible? They figure you will be overwhelmed and just let the payments go on, or, if you MUST get a refund, then refund as little as possible, while having a rude attitude.
    Always go to their website first, ALWAYS read the fine print, be very wary when they want you to agree to automatic shipments of their product when you haven't even tried it yet! Buyer Beware should be your motto. Good Luck...

• Na
      25th of Nov, 2008

I'm calling my bank now. I've spoken with customer service a couple times and they are so rude. It's definately a scam and thats the only way they can make money. I'm glad karhma works...I wonder if everyone who works ther e will get fat and "adrenal fatigue"?

2nd of Dec, 2008

I just phoned the Adrenal Fatigue Instatute to get an RMA for the auto shipment of Cylapril that I did not know I was on. Yes, they did change their phone number and yes, I was put on hold, but I waited. The customer service rep tried to get me to keep the stuff for a $20 credit. I respectfully declined when he then informed me that there is a 15% restocking fee and, of course, you don't get the shipping refunded.

So here is a product that was supposed to be a "free trial" that is costing me $9.95 for first shipping, 6.95 second shipping, and 7.50 restocking fee.

Oh, I almost forgot: IT DOESN' WORK! Super scam - stay away.

• Am
      2nd of Dec, 2008

I am going through the same thing also, first payment was $29 postage. within 5 days of the product arriving i was billed another $109. supposed to be for two but i only received one.

I called the rude customer service guys, to be told i can only get a refund on half of the first postage amount. The scam takes place the second you make the call...there is no 14 days trial of the product!

I have paid for something i never received, they acknoweledge this by refunding the postage but have quite happily taken the full price of the product from my account with no refund at all!!!

Fraud !!! I am surprised they get away with this on TV

• Do
      2nd of Dec, 2008

According to MC cancelling your card doesn`t end the problem. I sent an e-mail that was returned by the postmaster. I`m really frustrated. I blame myself for not reading their fine print but now that I understand it how do I get them to discontinue my membership ?
    Any ideas. I live in Canada.

5th of Dec, 2008

You all need to start reading the information before you give them permission to charge your credit card. You have no one to blame but yourselves. The fact that the first charge is a surprise to you shows me you read none of it. Should they make it easier to cancel? Absolutely. If you have an issue with that, report your card lost to the credit card company, but don't report the charges as fraudulent, they are not. You agreed to it and should have paid closer attention. When you report your card lost, the old number becomes inactive, and the company will probably try to get in touch with YOU. Then you can politely tell them about how you understand their frustration, but you just don't have the new card on you at the moment and ask if they could call you back.

• Le
      6th of Dec, 2008

I cancelled my credit card today after reading all your complains...I ordered the products 4 days ago
    and i only got charged for $ 9.95 for shipping ...My
    orders should be arriving anytime soon...

Thank you for the heads up...

• Fu
      15th of Dec, 2008

I can't believe ANYONE would fall for this...Adrenal Fatigue? That is absolutely ridiculous...No wonder the weight loss industry is a multi-billion dollar industry, an industry that has to prove absolutely NOTHING and can still take your money.

• Bm
      26th of Dec, 2008

I also was "duped" by the "Adrenal Fatigue Institute"..I did read the fine print...it is very misleading!!! for that person who said it is your own fault..go on the website and see for yourself... My plan was to get the free trial for 9.95...I figured it probably wouldn't work but for 10 bucks I would give it a try...I intended to call and cancel my account before the next shipment was to go out to avoid any further charges...as it states in the fine print! Exactly 15 days after I placed my order ( day 14 was Christmas ) I called to cancel...and was told that the "free trial" was a 14 day trial and I was getting charged the full 49.95 for my order...which by the way only was one bottle of pills not the two they advertise... when I questioned that they said they had changed their policy and just haven't changed the website yet!!!
    When I pointed out that day 14 was Christmas day...they said they would refund the 49.95 after they got the pills back from me...less a 15% reshelving fee???? It's not worth me sending them back!!! That's what they're hoping for!! This is really a bad scam!!!
    Whatever you do do not order this product!!!

28th of Dec, 2008

I too have been drawn in by Cylapril and my credit card charged fraudulently. I received what was supposed to be a free 30 day trial and charged the $9.95 shipping. I was informed no further obligation on my part. 10 days later, I felt uneasy and called to make sure I would NOT receive any further billing or product. I spoke with a woman who become very insistant that I should use the product longer, I informed her it was making me ill, she become rude and stated the membership would be cancelled. 5 days later my credit card was charged $49.95 which pushed me over the limit and now I have extra charges on my account for being over the limit. I wish something could be done about these crooks!!!

• Du
      29th of Dec, 2008

I too got duped by Cylapril. Unfortunately I should have read the product fine print on the website. But the late night ad appeared like it may be worth a try. The first time I suspected something was wrong was when the telephone number on the bottle was not in service. Then I had difficulty finding the contact information on the book. I finally found a small print tel number on the shipping label which luckily I had not yet thrown out.
    I did give it a try but felt I was getting hot flashes and one day felt confused and dizzy. That's when I tried to call them but unfortunately, with the holidays and the weekend could not get through. When I called today (day 14), I was told that even though the order has now been cancelled, I was charged $49.95 in addition to the shipping charge of $9.95. The bottle was shipped less than 15 days ago. It appears they were counting the days based on the order date which started in the middle of the night, rather than the arrival of the product. Truly, a 15 day trial requires one should have tried the product for 15 days!
    When I tried to ask for a refund, I was told it was not possible and the customer service rep got very belligerent. I hope nobody ever has to go through this scam. Besides I wonder if the product should be reported to the FDA. Adrenal bovine extract is not a dietary suplement.

• El
      30th of Dec, 2008

I also have been duped.
    I saw this on TV and ordered it for my husband.
    I called the 800 number and talked to a rep and they
    told me that I would receive the product in 4 or 5 days.
    I did not receive the product for 10 days and they had
    also told me to try the product and if it did not seem to
    be working I should call and cancel the orders.
    I called before the time for it to be up and the phone
    number had been changed and I tried all the numbers
    I could find. on December 17th I noticed a $79 charge
    on my Bank Account from my Debit Card which I had
    used when I ordered. I again started to reach these
    people and I received NO product packages and then
    today (December 30th I found another $89 charge
    and I still have not received any product except the
    first trial package which I had received on December
    the 5th.
    I faxed the main number for this company which was
    included on my e-banking bill and I have heard NOT
    one word.
    Surely, there is some way to stop these blood-sucking
    thieves...
    If anyone has any information on how to retrieve some of the money they have stolen, please e-mail
    me at ellen_hodges@hotmail.com.

• Du
      11th of Jan, 2009

I made the mistake of ordering this for my daughter and found out too late it was a scam. To get your money back, go to their website www.cylapril.com print their money back guarantee on Cylapril at the bottom of the fine print, call the correct number on your shipping label 888-772-8170 and ask for a refund based on their website claim, don't forget to get the cancellation# and authorization for return number. Aso, use a phone with a speaker and mute button and be prepared to wait a little bit before you get someone on the phone. No use getting angry with the sales people, they will be less receptive to you and less likely to process your request.

Then send them back the bottles via certified mail with enclosed authorization numbers and your written request plus the copy of their money back guarantee. Call your credit card and inform them about the scam. They should help you to dispute the charge. You will be billed a restocking fee and your shipping charges will not be reversed but you may be able to get some money back if you return it within 30 days of your order.

I sent mine a week ago and was told to expect my refund in three weeks. Am keeping my fingers crossed.

I read today that Acai berry has also been related to scams like this. I hope the Adrenal Institute/Cylapril also gets slammed for their fraudulent marketing schemes targeting a vulnerable population.

Good luck!