CVS / deceptive practices!

426B ESSEX STREETSalem, MA, United States Review updated:
2.5
Phone: 978-741-0484

This letter is my demand of you personally and as CEO of CVS under Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 93a. This law requires me to define the unfair and deceptive business acts and or practices I have experienced and include my remedy to the demand. You are obligated to respond to this letter in thirty days or expose yourself to one, two, or three times damages and my Legal Fees.

Yesterday I was trapped behind your store #0457 at 426B ESSEX STREET, SALEM, MA 01970 after picking up a prescription for my disabled friend Charlene R. Laurion. I am a store customer, but not a pharmacy customer because of your predatory pricing practices on prescription medication.

On or about December 17, 2007 in the morning I picked up a prescription for my friend Charlene. I paid for the co-pay and proceeded to the right of way behind the store as directed by signs. I was blocked by one of your delivery tractor-trailers and could not proceed safely.

Your store personnel including a Pharmacist, used threats, cohesion, and intimidation to have me drive on untreated ice leaving me with the risk of driving into the brick building, and drive against a one way. Your driver refused to move his truck to allow me to follow the marked right of way to leave the facility safely.

The behavior of your staff was indignant and intimidating to me. I am a “Prudent Man” and do my best to be safe. With no one trained in traffic control, I was waiting patiently for the truck to finish its delivery and the police arrived. I was safely directed by the police to travel against the one way do not enter sign and he directed traffic in the Pharmacy drive through.

I was amazement, when Charlene Laurion called and learned that I was at fault for causing a disturbance. Also, I heard from a friend of mine, that the slander of me was continued to the community as he learned about my disruptive behavior also. I ask that you inform your store personnel to immediately cease and desist from continuing the Slander against me.

My claims against CVS are as follows:

1) Unlawful detention
2) Slander
3) Interference with an existing retail relationship
4) Threats, cohesion, and intimidation of store personnel against me
5) Negligent infliction of emotional distress

The drive through was approved by the City of Salem as part of you building permit for occupancy. The markings of your leasehold are clear. They are consistent with local ordinance, State Building Code, and the Architectural Review Board of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

Comments

Je
  26th of Jan, 2008
I had a more serious complaint against CVS but the State of Florida, the BBB, CVS and everyone I could think of dismissed me. Have you had any success? another victim
Ly
  21st of May, 2008
it is refreshing to hear of such an organized complaint, you have clearly dotted your i's and crossed your t's. I wish you good luck if you should take this to the next level, from the rest of us who get so damn flustered by such rudeness, kuddos to you, BRAVO !
To
  13th of Jun, 2008
sir u sounds like u have too much time cvs have the right to do whatever they want in their private property, its a common sense that u agreed that once u enter any store property, u sounds like typical american whos butt hurt about everything and waiting for a oppotunity to get money because ur life is suffering. as for the truck. u obviously don't know nothing about driving the 100 foot trailers with hundreds of thousands worth of merchandise that have to deliver on time. u sounds like typical oldbags thats need to stay in ur hole
Ri
  21st of Jun, 2008
tom, you are an idiot, i work at a cvs, and i'll tell you, NEVER would we put our customers at risk. that was completely wrong.
Jo
  1st of Sep, 2008
sounds like a nutjob trying to shake CVS down for a bogus settlement, but he couldn't afford the matchbook attorney to fly this one up the flagpole for a cut. Come on, the kentucky fried rat ploy is much more amusing.
Jo
  3rd of Oct, 2008
I recently purchased buprppion from 111 Main Street Center Moriches. I called the pharmacist on hand Abbas Lodhi to advise him that I was not getting the reaction from the drug that the Dr. advised me . I asked him plainly if infact I was on Buspar generic and he said" THEN YOU ARE LUCKY YOU HAVE NO SYMPTOMS". Okay with that being said I thought he had looked up the script. He did not. I have been on Wellbutron, as the Dr. prescribed not filled incorectly by CVS.

I just called you're pharmacy to advise Abbas Lodhi that I wanted to get off this medication and my Dr. would not be back for several days. The medication is effecting my neurological system. Understandably he advise me that the Dr. would have to advise me as to how to decrease the meds. The point is that he was chewing in my ear, perhaps having lunch.

What happened to the people you have as pharmacists on TV? I would love to go to a Mom & Pop facility at this point, however, I haven't been able to locate one.

Please advise Abbas Lodhi that we are people and to look beyond his worrying about his TIME.

Joan Ronis
Mo
  31st of Dec, 2008
FYI :
My S.O. recently was fired by CVS for reprimanding a tech who MADE A MISTAKE IN FILLING A PERSCRIPTION! "
She complained that he "EMBARASSED HER"

CVS is far too concerned with being politically- correct, than the health, safety, & well-being of their customers.

Let the buyer beware.
Th
  24th of Mar, 2009
We have a pharmacist at my CVS that I work with on a daily basis that is a complete p.o.s. He is racist, sexist, and every other "ist" you can think of. He refuses to deal with people on Indiana medicaide, he will make someone else type in their rxs', and he refuses to assist them at the pick up window. He makes blatent comments about asians and hispanic customers, just not loud enough for them to hear. The derogatory comments made about decent looking female customers is unbelievable as well. He has had complaints made against him, but they are swept under the "rug" and he still has his job. I don't think CVS really cares about being politically correct as far as store levels are concerned. Our personal work environment is just pitiful, he makes life hell for everyone and believes he is a great guy.
Uh
  20th of Aug, 2009
"I spoke with the Salem Police Officer who told me that CVS was obligated to close the dive through if the right of way was blocked. He also told me that he instructed the store manager to shut down the drive through in the future if the right of way was being blocked for any reason."

Yes but can you imagine all the complaints that store would get if the Drive-Thru was actually closed? What with walking being SUCH A DRAG now-a-days. Someone might actually break a sweat and write to the CEO of the indignity they had to endure of getting out of their air-conditioned cars.
Re
  8th of Oct, 2009
Wow!!! Pompous...arrogant...self centered...egotistical...patronizing...all come to mind when reading the initial report.

Though I will say...it was a joy to read something so well put together. It was astonishing to actually be able to read an entire report with NO misspellings and NO bad grammar. kudos to you Mister.

CVS Pharmacy / CVS Health Logo CVS Pharmacy / CVS Health