Crystal Clear Window Works / Awful company

I contracted Crystal Clear Window Works to treat six windows in my house that were showing moisture between the panes. They treated the windows and said it would be 12 weeks before the treatment dried out. After 16 weeks it was still damp. They treated again. After 16 weeks it was still damp. The franchise I was working with went out-of-business.

I called the home office in Nashville. Took them many months to respond and finally arrange with another franchise for a third treatment. After six months, the windows are still damp and the glass is stained, and the metal parts are corroding very quickly.

Repeated e-mails and calls to the home office got no response, except a promise that my claim had been sent to accounting for payment. No Payment has been received. Calls go to voice mail. No calls are returned.

I filed a complaint with BBB. The TN office told them that Customer Service was out of the Ottawa office. BBB transfered my complaint to Canada. They have been unable to get any response from Crystal Clear.

Be forewarned!!!

Lu

More Crystal Clear Window Works Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Li
      21st of May, 2009

I wish I had read your warning before I dealt with a UK franchisee. Over here the local dealer came around and said that the windows had to be replaced even the ones that were showing very little condensation. Having replaced a window inn the door the fitter went on the chip the glass and left me with a cracked window. Three months later and I am calling in our Trading Standards as I have been given a guarantee that the window will not fog up or they will replace except if it is 'damaged'!!!
    That's Wirral near Chester in little old England.

13th of Jun, 2009

I am having the same problem with this Company. Foggy windows remain after almost 2 years and reservicing twice. They do not return calls concerning honoring the warranty. Has anyone had any luck getting their money back???

20th of Aug, 2009

i have worked for them, for the last 4 months out of there head office in uk the boss there is a complete nob, he wears blinkers and wont listen to anything, i have never seen a staff turnaround like it 6 technicians in 3 months gone, mind you its a job for unskilled men, true trades men see thro it all after a while then it all becomes crystal clear !!!

• Pe
      22nd of Aug, 2009

Whilst I am not pleased with the company and would not do business with them again. I contacted the Head Office and the manager, who, after a while was most helpful. The franchisee was most annoyed that I had contacted the head office, saying, "Nobody has ever done that before". He was forced by the manager to replace the faulty window, and the manager followed every step of the way.
    It pays not to give up the fight.
    Lilian Peers.

• Qu
      4th of Oct, 2009

I had the same problem. I had my windows serviced 3 times and I have been fighting with the corporate office for the last 2 years for my refund. They offer a gaurentee but i assure you that they will not honor it when the service does not work. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!

6th of Oct, 2009

drilling holes in sealed units does not repair them, it makes them 10 times worse in cold weather, its lunacy save your time and money and just replace them

6th of Oct, 2009

once the work is done they then tell you it may take 12 weeks to heal, what a crock of [censored]e thats 3 months

4th of Nov, 2009

I'm in the UK and this process worked fantastic for me!
    They say it can take up to 12 weeks but mine cleared in a lot less than that.

They dont just drill holes they treat the windows with a coating the prevents condensation reoccuring.

And as its a franchise company you cant judge all the companies by one bad experience with a person, thats like having a bad expeience with staff at McDonalds then going and complaing to the world that McDonalds is crap just because one member of staff wasnt satisfactory for you.

4th of Feb, 2010

I ve had many issues with the company at Burton On Trent, My window foged up they serviced it and told me to wait for 12 weeks, Window still foged up after the 12 weeks and had issues with getting them back, Failed to return to my appointment and failed to phone me back .After many calls got them back in the end but still no good, Phoned them time after time to get them out to service it again but they have failed to call me back, So ive put my case in the the hands of my Solicitor now and Trading Standards. Im going to use a doulbe glazing Company now that has no connection with this Company as many do .Simply change the window with a GOOD COMPANY!!!

• Ds
      6th of Feb, 2010

We had 12 units repaired by the company in Burton on Trent, 11 were clear in a few days 1 did not clear after 12 weeks, I spoke to the manager at Burton (Gerry) he told me to give it another couple of weeks and if it did not clear ring him back.. I thought he was trying to fob me of but it cleared about 10 days later and has been fine ever since. I know a few people who have had the work done and all have cleared. Great product and very good price. we should all try new products that save the environment and help save the planet

• Ds
      6th of Feb, 2010

Terry sounds to me like your some kind of idiot, creating an air flow through a cavity to prevent condensation is basic science, cavity walls, lofts and floors are all vented. we have had twelve units done over two years ago and they never fog up. it does not matter if the air trapped between the the two panes of glass is sealed or is allowed to expell, the cavity insulation (R Value) is the same. go back to school and pay attention in the science lessons.

7th of Feb, 2010

Terry cant be such a bad guy as Gerry of Burton On Trent employed him and i must say by what he has said it all seem to fit in with the way i have been treated by this company .

23rd of Feb, 2010

Thanks for your comments 007kev this dsmith guy seems to know a bit to much using words like r values i seem to think hes a secret agent for ccww. Oh and by the way dsmith i am very much an idiot to have put up with your nonsense an false sales bunkum you scrawny little parasite you should face the facts that the 4 eyed american dork turned you over good and proper and this product is very hit and miss its a ### what hes turned you into but you may earn an honest buck again 1 day.

23rd of Feb, 2010

Anyhow idiot signing out now for a month or 2 its all getting a bit to nanno technology for me on here, aint it mr Dsmith haa haaaa haaaaaa i dont know a lot but i may know somthing you dont see ya your lower than a crackheads consience !!! big up for J hennessy he played a blinder on you.

26th of Feb, 2010

Hi again Ref : terry/fwitt ( think hes a secret agent for ccww)It does seem very strange that DSmith1111 comes from Dudley and he used the Burton On Trent office which is 56 miles away and DSmith1111 three offices on his door step????????

2nd of Apr, 2010

Ref terry/fwitt,
    Are you saying that DSmith1111 was your boss at Burton then ???

3rd of Apr, 2010

Maybe wolverhampton University may be intrested in these comments,

17th of Jun, 2010

How can this company be in the finalists for National Recycling Awards 2010, When we have had to replace are window that they were failed to be repair and didnt reply to our many calls

17th of Jun, 2010

How can this company be in the finals for National Recycling Awards 2010, when we have had to replace our window after they failed to repair our window ??They failed to return our calls

11th of Jul, 2010

hello 007 kev they arnt going to get any awards and i didnt see gerry &co at glassex winter09 i tell as many folk as i can to spread the word about this crap system some yank dreampt up.I drove past a few jobs i did and was ashamed to have done the work im so glad i was only part of this scam for a few months if i see a van at a property i will go speak up before the poor mark gets conned out of there hard to come by cash!