CRST / They lie to the drivers

1 Ennis, United States Review updated:

I can say as the wife of a truck driver this company is full of bull. They get the drivers to the training facility and then do nothing but lie to them and their families. You are basically stranded for two weeks are more. They do not pay you for orientation, feed you or put you up in a motel.These are thing they tell you they do but when you get there it is not true. If you have no money or way to get home you are screwed. They do not care about their drivers or the families at home. They lie about the pay and where you will be going if you even get a truck. I have heard what they tell the drivers and then go back on what they said. The recruiter lies to you and it is even worse when you are at the facility. I have been the wife of a truck driver for 22 years. Most of my family has drove a truck at one time or another. I have never seen or heard of a company that does what they do. It is time for someone to step in and shut this company down and help the drivers who have been used and lied to from this so called trucking company.

Di

Comments

• Be
      5th of Jul, 2010

i totaly igree with you crst they lie to the drivers like me i, m in cedar rapid now they told me before i came here that they will teach me how 2 drive a truck and then will get a job but what happened when i get there i, m have 2 learn by my self the writing test (general knowledge, componation, air brake) and i did then they sent me truck school (kirkwood truck) and i never drive truck before the first day was classroom second day was driving and i don, t know how to drive, so the instactor told me ( you idiot if you don, t know how to shift why your here ) and i said i came hare to learn how to drive so teach me how drive and then he left, then 2 hours later they sent me to crst . and crst told me that i can go my home couse you are not lestining to the teacher ok and i spent over ther allmost 10 days ok guys if i, m lying you will see came ceder rapids, IA and apply crst then talk 2 me bye guys.

• Da
      22nd of Dec, 2010

Guyes trust me DON'T go to CRST. CRST is good for homless people. I work for CRST for 4 month my co driver is just went out from jail last year. He is MURDERER. He kill his wife. He sentenced for 20 years. I don't know that. But one day I just google his name. WOW. Scary. I'm going to quit my job.

• Pr
      19th of Jan, 2011

you have to watch your pay with them also . i work for them and every week i have to call about my miles i run team and every week my miles should be the same as my co-driver and at the end of the week i check our pay stubs and there not the same they steal money from the drivers to . we did FEMA runs with crst and FEMA told us that we drivers get 650.oo per trailer and we pulled 4 trailer for FEMA and at the end CRST payroll we get 3, 000 miles for the runs . bull crap . they STEAL DRIVERS MONEY THEY DO SNEAKY UNDER HAND CRAP. I WILL GET AHOLD OF FEMA ABOUT THE SITUATION.. UNHAPPY WITH CRST...AND FOR THEM TO B A TEAM COMPANY THEY HAVE A LOT OF TRUCKS SITTING IN TRUCK STOP...

27th of Jan, 2011

My boyfriend has been driving over the road for a number of years, and decided to switch to CRST because of all of the "incentives" of the company and the amount of money he was promised. He spends more time sitting that he does driving, and he's basically paying them to work, rather than getting paid. He's been gone for a month now and still hasn't had a paycheck. He could make more money flipping burgers at a fast food restaurant than he can driving for this company. They hire too many drivers, and don't have enough work to go around. I feel they do lease purchase programs for their drivers just to get those individuals to make truck payments for them. Those drivers need to be running constantly when they are away from home, or they may as well be sitting at home drawing negative paychecks. It doesn't add up, and it's time someone took a good look at CRST and their business practices. It's unfair to make someone sit for 3 to 4 days between every load when they are out there willing to work, missing their home and everything that other people have a tendency to take for granted.

• Tr
      5th of Dec, 2011

I currently drive for CRST.. I can't say I sit very much(they do tend to get me miles) but the recruiter straight up lied to me before orientation. I was told I would get payed for orientation. I didn't. I was told meals would be provided. They weren't. I was told I was going to get a signon bonus. I called my recruiter in route to the training terminal, and he decided to tell me THEN that I was ineligible for the bonus. The dispatchers are either inept, or apathetic, and the pay scale for a trainee is less than considerable. There are certainly better companies out there than CRST. I'm staying with them until I have enough experience to apply with another company as a qualified driver, then I'm out. if you're a noob, straight out of school, or interested in getting your cdl, get it elsewhere. I had my license before I went to CRST, but the headaches that dispatch gives you over advances, and reimbursements for advances they TOLD you to take that they'll fight tooth and nail not to give you, make this company far down the totem pole on the lines of respectable companies. Shoot for a solo company. Team driving for CRST for split miles and low pay is a joke.

6th of Dec, 2011

From the time I got called by a recruiter until I met with my fleet manager, it was nothing but lie upon lie upon lie. now that I'm out here willing to work, there are weeks that I'm working that I would be better off flipping burgers at a mcdonald's or walking along the side of the road collecting bottles, and taking them to return facility for cash. I thought Lincoln abolished slavery.

• Co

Communist
    Regime
    Stingy
    Tricksters

They advertise 22 cpm, but that is what the truck makes. You will make more like 10 cpm. So you will be lucky to get 300 dollars a week, plus they take 80 a week to pay for sorry school. And they dont reimburse you for the tolls, scales, etc. I agree it is like slavery.
    Worst company ever!!

• Bw
      23rd of Feb, 2012

how can I get a lawyer my nephew was just taken to the cleaners by crst. this is a tradgety. EEOC has to know about them. How can my relative stop payment of about $4000 when he was making $100 a week for driving all over the US . we need help.
    Please post action we can take. Should we get an attorney? Can we successfully win over this rip off company

• Gb
      1st of Jun, 2012

Hi yes I called them today and they told me that the school was paid 100 percent and so my wife told me to call them back and ask if paid traing was involed they said no sohow the hell is my wife goin to pay for all our bills for one month plus a lil one on the way and so I asked them if meals were paid for no only lunch what am I suppose to do starve I thought to myself wtf is this than I also found out that you have to pay for your cdl at your expencse well ist what this school is for?????? The recruiter told me I would have too bring like 300 dollors to get food wtf and then I asked what is the pay rate she said 22 cent a mile bs by the time I would get my check id have like 200 left with all the deductions wtf bs bs I would be homeless by the time I get back ill stick with dishes

14th of May, 2013
    Trucker - Drove onward
    Joseph laform
    Bethlehem
    Pennsylvania

Joseph, a registered sex offender used his 18 wheeler to destroy my lawn and refused to fix it.

• Id
      14th of May, 2013

Do you have a phone number for him?

• Ka
      15th of May, 2013

Something tells me there is more to this story...

• Gr
      28th of Aug, 2013

I was a independent contractor for allied van lines special products and was with them for 20 plus years hell I grew up with an allied agent behind my house except for the military and a few other stints its all I ever done, work was a little light for the past couple years but my agent made up for it with with some good frieght I made excellent money. I had shoulder surgery in Dec and was released in April requalified for allied and was told that crst had bought special products they also bought sti north Americans old electronics division allied and sti are in the same building in ft Wayne not surprising allied cut spd to the bone over the last 2 yrs to soften us up for the take over.I averaged 2.50 a mile good money you know what crst did to that good luck getting it delivered.

• Cr
      27th of Dec, 2013

if you are an aspiring truck driver and you are having difficulties getting a decent job because of lack of experience, bad driving record, accidents, criminal record... etc! well, CRST is the place to begin, this company has no standards and they will treat you like an animal so be prepared, they will steal your wages and you will be lucky to get a $300 any week you ever work there as a company driver. some days or even weeks you get stuck in the middle of nowhere in extreme weather while waiting for loads and you cannot leave the truck. the fleet managers are a special miserable breed of EVIL directly related to SATAN; they will yell, scream, ###, blame and never appreciate any driver in that company; they will make you sit in a state further than your state home for days during holidays when you want to be home. So, when they promise you paid orientation, motel, food, 25c/m etc... that's all lies! i hope THEY ALL have a massive flea infestations in their crotches from the CEO to the errand guy at CRST offices and may their arms grow too small to scratch

27th of Jan, 2014

I am currently at this location Cedar Rapids Iowa. they do not care and they tell lies.
    they work with three schools and 1 school of Kirkwood college instead of the instructor teaching you they are speaking about marijuana what car you drive what kind of house you have and much more. this school Kirkwood college
    stated that they do not tolerate foul language, what instructors yelling at you. and no 1 explained that the training is from Monday through Fridaiy for the driving. if you do not have it down pack by Friday you will be dismissed and have to pay for your transportation coming here and going home, and lodging. there are people they come here with no money and think that they are going to a training to get a job and have money taking out of the check but little do they know that if they are not able to drive they will get cut from the the college

• Ne
      13th of Aug, 2014

Wow, some of you really need to learn how to communicate.. If you sound uneducated you will be treated as such. Also if you communicate clearly and with some sort of grammar you will be taken more seriously. That being said thanks for the information.

• Lo
      23rd of Oct, 2014

My wife and I have tried this company twice and you are so right. They treated my wife as a second class person no respect whatsoever. They set her up for failure. I quit because I don't want to drive without her. We are a team and want to stay that way. We are also retired so we don't need the job. It would have been nice to travel together and make a little extra money. But our marriage is not worth the bull the people of CRST try to put you through. Avoid problems down the road don't work there.

4th of Jan, 2015

People from all over, Crst is the worst trucking company you will ever work for... If your not homeless now you will be soon.. They lie about everything.. Been here five months... You are a slave if you are under that contract.. Go get your cdl through your home state at a community college. .. most states will pay for your training... Do not work for this company... There are so many better companies out there.. you also run a high risk of getting into a roll over accident, 75 percent of the people that work for this company should not be behind the wheel of a truck...

• Mc
      15th of Jun, 2015

A CRST driver tried to cut me off today!

• Mc
      15th of Jun, 2015

At 6:19 Monday, June 15, 2015 on I-85 S between Charlotte, NC and Belmont, NC, a CRST driver deliberately tried to run me over.