Cricket Broadband / false advertisment/ripoff

1 lexington ky, KY, United States Review updated:

Cricket claims to have broadband speeds on their blazing fast 3g network. The speeds are anything but blazing fast. Youtube doesnt even load, page tranfers are not as fast they should be, give their advertisement. I was overcharged on the sales tax and the activation fee. I bought the modem and called the next day to ask if i could bring it back, they said i could but said the activation charges was non-refundable. I am going to bug the crap out of their customer service to try to get it back. If i don't get it back, i am out 30 bucks.

It is time that people take a stand against these types of rip offs. I would encourage everyone on here that has been ripped off by cricket to report them to the federal trade commission, the BBB, and let them know.

bottom line CRICKET BROADBAND SUCKS

Jp

Comments

• Ba
      19th of Apr, 2010

I just wrote the BBB today about cricket customer service and empty promises, Please everyone should file a complaint at the BBB it only takes a minute or three!

• Ba
      19th of Apr, 2010

Cricket Sucks they lie and has the worst customer service, no rebate, no first month free, no free cricket, its all a big scam please file a complaint will the BBB if this has happened to you, this is not right and if unfair, to treat consumer this way

• Ri
      16th of May, 2010

Worst internet service i have ever used, Slow, Slow, Slow, Dormant, Dormant, Dormant every 5 minutes, SAVE your money and go with someone else, They Lie, Lie, Lie. As bad as dialup, Trust me STAY AWAY !!!

• Tu
      23rd of Aug, 2010

CRICKET SUCKS!!! CRICKET SUCKS!!! CRICKET SUCKS!!! CRICKET SUCKS!!! CRICKET SUCKS!!! CRICKET SUCKS!!! CRICKET SUCKS!!! AND ON AND ON AND ON!!! ...DON'T BUY INTO CRICKETS [censor]!!!
    $$$ IS TIGHT THESE DAYS AND TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE THEY WAY THEY ARE SHOULD BE ILLEGAL !!! THE BROADBAND CARD I RECENTLY GOT FROM THEM RUINED MY BRAND NEW MAC. THE BROADBAND CARD NEEDED TO BE UPDATED WHEN I AGREED TO UPDATE IT. MY MAC FROZE AND WOULD'NT REBOOT. I HAD TO REINSTALL ALL MY SOFTWARE. AND THEN 4 APPS WOULD'NT WORK AGAIN PROPERLY. I HAD TO TAKE IT IN TO A MAC STORE TO REINSTALL AND FIX MY SYSTEM. THEY TOLD ME HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE HAVE BEEN COMING IN ALL MONTH WITH THE SAME ISSUES BECAUSE OF CRICKET BROADBAND CARDS. BEWARE OF THIS NETWORK AND ALL IT'S DEVICES!!! IT'S A SCAM!!! NOTHING MORE!!!

• My
      21st of Mar, 2011

Their customer service -when you can get a real person- is atrocious ! Not only are they condescending, Ive been told something different by every single person in there !!! I was screwed out of a rebate, offered a 25 dollar discount- didnt get it, and the dormant [censor] started a month ago for me, but I had no trouble the first several months... Im ready to find new service basedd off the customer service alone !