Credit Protection Association / False credit reporting!
For just over 4 years Credit Protection Assoc, of Dallas, TX, has maintained a report on my credit that I paid a collection to them for AT&T Broadband, at an address in southwest Denver, CO, that I never lived at. (2621 South Knox Ct.). Comcast, which bought out AT&T Broadband, has submitted a letter to the collector informing them that I never had service at that address, and that I did not have a past-due account with either cable company during the time frame alleged. I have also requested in writing proof that I paid this collection and the requested proof has been denied me on the grounds that they don't have records of paid collections. I have had the 3 major credit-reporting agencies investigate this item and all 3 have refused to remove it despite letters from Comcast. What can I do? There are 3 people in the Denver-area with the same first & last name and middle initial as I have. At the time of the alleged default I was living at 2600 South Rock Creek Parkway, Building #10 Apt #204, in Superior, CO. The complex management had joint cable, phone, and internet service with an outfit called Simcom during my residence there. This is a Boulder County address that is nearly 30 miles northwest of the Denver County address where the alleged default occurred. Credit Protection Assoc has not proved that the debt was mine despite repeated requests in writing, and has ignored contrary proof from the original account holder. I'm sure that my credit score has been negatively affected by their action, by as much as 1/2 to 3/4ths of a point on over $200K of mortgage debt, and $10K worth of credit card debt. For whatever reason they think nothing of falsely reporting erroneous information. And so far, any resolution has escaped me. I have lived since late 2001 in Broomfield, CO. This item appeared as if by magic on my credit just after I bought my current home. Despite quite a bit of effort on my part I'm still left with an erroneous item on my credit thanks to a previous mistake by Credit Protection Associates, whom attempting to work with has proven to be impossible.
Mark C. Richardson.
More Credit Protection Association Complaints & Reviews
- Credit Protection Association - Unable to contact the company 
- Credit Protection Association - Reported to the credit bureaus! 
- Credit Protection Association - Unpaid Balance for Cable Equipment 
- Credit Protection Association - False Credit Reporting 
- Credit Protection Association - Cannot contact anybody 
- Credit Protection Association - wrongful claim
- Credit Protection Association - dispute of bill 
- Credit Protection Association - Clearing Payment on Credit Report
- Credit Protection Association - bad business 
- Credit Protection Association - continued harassment