Cracker Barrel / service

1 84 ADAMS RDCorbin, KY, United States

My family and i visited crackle barrel 84 adams rd. Corbin ky 40701 on 11/22/18. We were there for thanksgiving. We waited to be seated about 45 minutes which was understandable. After we were seated mind you we were a table of 5, it took 20 minutes for a waitress to come to our table to take our order. After she took our order we waited another 30 minutes for our drinks. When the drinks finally got there she did not give us no straws. After we asked for them it took another 10 minutes to get the straws. So we waited 1hour for food and still hadn't recieved it, another waitress comes up to our table and said that the first waitress was overwhelmed and she would be taking our table over. She then proceeds to take out the order form that the first waitress had took our order on and said she forgot to turn it in . At this time i was mad but we stayed seated she went and got the manager. The manager and her, the current waitress, came over to our table said they were sorry and we would have our food in 10 minutes. Okay so we sat there waiting and everybody that had come in way after us was already eating they had their food already. After another hour sitting there still no food. By this time we were ready to leave. We get up to leave and the manager comes back over to our table and said im sorry it will be another few minutes. I explained to him we had been sitting at this time 2 hours for a meal and that all these other people around us that came in way after us had food but we didnt!! he just said sorry and i told him we were leaving. We left without a thanksgiving dinner and had to eat mcdonalds because there was no other place open. Now you tell me i think that was poor service and poor mangement!!! we didnt even get a meal because a waitress was overwhelmed and it felt like they were ignoring us all together. Isnt a manager suppose to handle a complaint right a way and fix it. Well he didnt!!! sorry service all the way around. We just lost my father n law not long before this holiday and as tough as it was to come out to eat to have a place do you like this. Im a nurse been one for 17 years and im expected to do my job to the best of my ability. It dont matter if i have 1 pt or 20 pt you should do your job right and take pride in it. Im submitting this complaint because i dont wont no one to have to go through what my family went through. It would be nice if we could get a free dinner for all 5 of us since we didnt have turkey on thanksgiving and had to eat a burger.

Cr