Cox Communications / over charges

30739 via la crestaRancho Palos Verdes, CA, United States
Phone: 310-377-6525
10-27-2008

Better Business burea

I would like to file a complaint against Cox Communications based on over charging my phone bill over 300%. I called them and complaint about the charges and they have responded in writing that based on their investigations the charges are correct, their finding states that I only requested to have discounted internatinal rate on one of my phone lines. I have responded to their respond in below letter. Is it anything that BBB can do to resolve my problem? I appreciate your help in this matter and please call me if you have any questions. My day number is [protected] ext 205

Cox Communications
29947 Avenida De Las Banderas
RSM, CA 92688

Account Number: [protected]
Phone number: [protected]

Re: NOTICE OF COMPLETION OF INVESTIGATION

Dear Telephony Operations Credit Service Dept. of Cox Communications

I have reviewed your response to my complaint of over-charges of my international calling and I am in complete disagreement and reject your self-serving findings in its entirety. I am therefore withholding the payment of the disputed amount and am prepared to file the necessary complaints with all relevant regulatory and legal authorities.

In summary, your organization has been disingenuous and deceptive with its selling practices and has abandoned all common sense and logical reasoning in justifying its conduct.

I had a verbal agreement with your agent who called me several months ago to switch my Verizon service to Cox Communications with an international calling rate to Iran of no more than 12 cents per minute. I have been using your services when it worked, to call Iran from the first month that I signed up with you. In fact your international rate was the decisive factor for me to switch from a traditional carrier to you.

I always had one line in my house until your agent offered me a second line for $9.95 per month at the end of our conversation and agreement to switch from Verizon to Cox Communications. I agreed to subscribe to the second line for the purpose of convenience. Accordingly, and as common sense would have dictated I expected that this second line with the same billing and service address and appearing on the same invoice would have the same features and rate structure as my 1st line. However as I have found out my international calling rate on the second line is over 30 times the rate of the 1st line. You be the judge: does it make sense for me not to subscribe to a 2nd line at the same single-family place of residence and on the same account with the same rate? The conclusion can only be one of two things: I am either a complete ###, or your organization is conducting business in bad faith and with fraudulent tactics. I am absolutely convinced that it is the latter.

I plan to discontinue my services with your company and will fight this to make sure that your organization does not continue to take advantage of honest customers. I do business based on mutual trust. Unfortunately your organization has demonstrated otherwise.

Sincerely