Comfort Rooms Of Florida / Dishonest Practices, Not Paying Subcontractors

1 Sanford, FL, United States Review updated:

I see that Mr. Fernando is trying to smooth things over here. However, he's full of crap basically. Not only does he hide horrendous business practices in the fine print of legal contracts (which is why he refers to the contracts so frequently) but he also denies paying his sub-contractors for work that has been honestly completed.

I LOVE that he says his business is honest, but his clients aren't. Take a look at the BBB website (of course, he's not honest enough to actually JOIN the BBB). There are numerous complaints against his company, some he responds to, some he doesn't.
Some of the sub-contractors he has failed to pay (one of these, to my immediate knowledge, actually leined the job, and instead of this idiot paying the lein, he pays almost the same amount to bond around it...just to prove he can) are:
Absolute Drywall, Steve Young Welldrilling and K&L Welldrilling. ..
and NO, Steve, this is not coming from any of them. Just someone else you tried to screw...
Contact them and see if Comfort Rooms is and honest company that for some reason finds ALL dishonest customers.
Beware this company...you can have a whole subdivision built in the time it takes his company to build a child sized addition.
Watching this whole thing is better than reality tv! It's like watching a train wreck...this guy covers his butt...if you decide to hire him, have your attorney look over the contract BEFORE you sign...if not, you'll regret it.
Signed,
Lovin' It!!

Al

Comments

• St
      24th of Mar, 2009

Again, I have to say that this is what is wrong with the internet. People can go on here and lie and distort the truth without facts or truth to what they are writing. Then they don't sign their name so they can hide behind their lies. The fact also remains that these websites do nothing to verify the information as being accurate or truthful. Anyone with a beef against you can write anything they want. These websites are violating the rights of American Citizens by not finding out if the information is truthful or accurate. Just remember this can happen to you if someone just decides that they don't like you for any reason, such as jealousy, race, age, religion, sexual orientation, etc.. It can even be a competitor writing against your company. So be very careful what you believe on these sites. We have tons of referalls if you really want to check out the truth call us and we will supply them to you.

Dear Lovin It, You are distorting the truth and telling more lies. I know who you are even though you won't put your name on here because you don't want the facts to come out. You hide behind your secret identity so you can tell lies without reproach (so you think). Lets start by telling a few truthful things about you.

1) All your property and bank accounts were seized by the IRS for failing to pay $250, 000 in back taxes because you filed false tax returns for 7 years. They threatened to put you in jail until you gave up all your buddies that worked with you. Where is your integrity "Mr lovin it"?

2) You begged Comfort Rooms of Florida, Inc for a loan to bail you out and we refused. We did however agree to alter the pay plan from the Sub Contractor Agreement (of every 2 weeks) to pay you every Friday so you could keep food on your table (this is the thanks we get). In doing this, we got stung several times with your inferior workmanship and screwed up materials that we purchased with your incorrect measurements. We ended up paying other Subs to correct your work and rebuy the materials. I have all the receipts and pictures to back everything up I am saying. I will put it all on My Space page if necessary to combat your lies including your name and company name.

3) You are also trying to collect "Full Disablity" at the taxpayers expense(the ones who actually pay their taxes). While you work (your back is just fine for that) under the table without workmens comp or liability and again not paying your taxes. Again, where is the integrity in that?

4) BBB - We have had (7) complaints in 4 years and all of them have been resolved.

5) Dishonest Customers - We do not find all of our customers dishonest. We actually have a book that is over 6 inches thick with customer referall letters that gave us a 100% satisfaction rating. We also average about 6 referalls a month from previous customers. We value our customers. We strive for perfection on every job that we do. That is why we have a Sub Contractor Agreement to protect the customers and the company from Subs that do lousy work, like you. There are some customers (a very small percentage) that don't want to pay their bill and will go to great lenghts not to have to. The fact remains we appreciate our customers greatly and value their business.

6) Subs not getting paid. The only Subs that don't get paid by this company are Subs that do lousy work and we have to send a reputable sub out to repair their work. That is why we have the Sub Contractor Agreement and you don't have to sign it or work for us if you don't agree with it. The whole idea is to protect the customer and the company from lousy Subs "like you" that have no integrity and don't care about your work. Just because a Sub liens a persons property doesn't mean he should be paid. If we feel his work was not done correctly then we will bond it out or send it to our attorney to protect the company and the customer from liens that should not be filed. This is one of the reasons we make the Subs sign the Sub Contractor Agreement to stop this from happening. It gives us legal grounds to withhold their pay until the customer and company are satisfied with the work. It also protects us to make sure all the inspections have passed. This is just good business and if you didn't agree with it why did you sign the agreement? Go someplace else and do your lousy work or have you been everywhere already? Also, why should a sub be paid just because he completes the work? The work needs to be to the customers satisfaction and also must pass inspection and then he will get paid. That's your problem you think just because you do the work you should be paid even if it's bad workmanship. WELL, I DISAGREE WITH YOU WHOLEHEARTEDLY. We will continue with our current policies and if Subs don't like to do their work correctly they shouldn't work here.

7) Contracts - Contracts are written to protect everyone involved. The basis of a contract is so that all parties completely understand what they are getting and what they are paying for. They also serve as a basis for policies that companies institute to set the benchmark of what they expect from their workers. It clearly outlines the payscale, when they get paid, the work we expect, the integrity we want and the professionalism we demand on all jobs. Like "Mr Lovin It" some subs just cannot live up to these policies and so they write lies about the company without giving their name.

So "Mr. Lovin It" enjoy your train wreck because I believe it is your life that is the "TRAIN WRECK". You owe the government hundereds of thousands of dollars, you are trying to collect disability when you are still working construction (under the table), you through all your buddies under the bus to save your own butt, you lie to justify your behaviour and so on... Now that is a train wreck..

Comfort Rooms

26th of Mar, 2009

Bravo Mr. Lovin It. Folks out there, the Drama Queen "Stephen" is not an honest businessman. Disregard paragraph #6, it sounds good, but it is not true.

• St
      27th of Mar, 2009

Dear Drama Queen Fan, Why don't you have the guts to put your name on here? Anyone can talk bad about someone and then hide behind their fake name. It shows you have no character. At least I have the guts to sign my name. What's the matter afraid the truth will come out like "MR LOVIN IT" did. The truth will always win out over your lies. Sorry to you.

30th of Mar, 2009

Why write my name, so you can copy and paste the same response you have been using on everyone. "the individual signed a contract"; "the individual is writing lies about a honest company"; "I have photos to prove it"; "I will be sendig it to my lawyer", etc. YOU HAVE NO OPTION, BUT TO WRITE YOUR NAME.

25th of Apr, 2009

I would like to respond to #6: Steve says "The work needs to be done to the customer's satisfaction..." and "...you think just because you do the work you should be paid even if it's bad workmanship." Too bad you don't practice what you preach, Mr. Ferrando.

28th of Apr, 2009

I would also like to respond to #4: Comfort Rooms of Florida has a D- rating with the BBB.

1st of May, 2009

Get A life would you. You must have a very sad life that all you do is sit here and write lies without telling your name. I feel very sorry for you that you are so unhappy with your own life that you have nothing better to do. I will pray for you, to help you find some happiness in your life so you don't have to go around trying to destroy other peoples lives with your lies. GOD BLESS YOU.

4th of May, 2009

I guess the Drama Queen forgot to do her homework and received an "F" from the BBB. I will not let this clown pray for a dead Taliban. He's telling someone that must be unhappy because he's probably telling the truth about how Comfort Rooms of Florida is stealing money from hard working people. This guy is a thief with a license. You should not even mention "God", you two face individual.

4th of May, 2009

Made a mistake, Ferrando deserves thumbs down!!!

4th of May, 2009

This comes from the google search engine "comfort rooms of florida. I believe is the one after all the complaints and I clicked on it and I got the following "While the Pro you are looking for is no longer accessible from this page, ServiceMagic can match your project to top-rated pros". According to ServiceMagic, comfort rooms of florida is not considered a top-rated pro.

5th of May, 2009

Hey Drama Queen Fan - in order to find Comfort Rooms of Florida listed in ServiceMagic you would have to search under the category "Thieves".