cmi financial group / Scam check

United States, Texas, Houston Review updated:
Phone: 713-560-5477
In recent date Ireceived a letter from CMI Financial Group, purportedly at 5200 River Dr, Niagara Falls ON HGN 4T1, indicating that I had won a prize of $39, 000 (No currency stated). On 04/21/09 I spoke to Rose Adams (Very reluctant to provide details. Almost secretive) who asked me to deposit the check for $3, 900 immediately and call on Thursday (04/23/09)

This morning I checked with The Huntington National Bank. A bank officer told me to be aware of the checks and asked me to call their check verification service. This service indicated that the theck is not theirs.

I know the action is being undertaken from Canada, making its follow up difficult. I hope nevertheless that you can put the culprits behind bars.

More cmi financial group Complaints & Reviews

A  5th of Aug, 2010 by
I also received a letter and check in the amount of 3450.00 to be depoited into my account, the letter stated that i was a lucky winner in the second category of the publishers clearing house sweepstakes. they asked to deposite the check into my account to pay the NON-RESIDENT Govt. Service Tax[hst] and Insurance. I am so glad I checked this company out before going any further.The information I obtained from reading your letters was heaven sent. The name on the letter head was CMI Financial Group .It supposedly was written on a Bank Of America check. Thanks, Mark
N  10th of Aug, 2010 by
i am from puerto rico and received and check to3, 450 to be depoited in to my account, to paid 2.700 in westher union in puerto rico.to send madrid espain. the name of this person is cyndy lee the telef, numer are 1-416-877-0124, john eden, 1-905-781-6562.and name the vice -president, global is robert a. martins.the samething mark happen to me. thanks for u info. and the letter was send to july 23, 2010