Closet World / Closet installation

On April 3, 2006 I signed an agreement with Closet World to install (3) closets in my house for the amount of $8,012.00. I gave a deposit of $4006.00 and authorized the charge against my Visa card. Closet World scheduled the installation of the (3) closets for May 16, 2006.
On April 10, 2006 Closet World charged a total of 4,178.50 to my Visa Card.

On May 16, 2006 the installer from Las Vegas didn't arrive until 2:30 in the afternoon and then brought the wrong material. First he went to Home Depot. He returned a few hours later. He then had to return to the warehouse for the right material. He then informed me that they didn't have the Wild Cherry melamine in stock for the 2nd bedroom closet and would have to reschedule the installation of that closet. I called Antoine Young, Closet World Installation Supervisor and asked why we weren't told previously that all the material weren't available because we would have rescheduled the entire job. He didn't have an answer. The installer then proceeded to build my hall closet and when it was done realized to had to be torn out and redone because he hadn't followed the design plus he didn't bring the correct accessories. I called Antoine Young, Closet World Installation Supervisor and asked if a Supervisor could come out and verify the work was being done correctly and to make sure all the materials and accessories were correct. He said he would send one out. The supervisor never showed up.

May 17, 2006. No installer and no Supervisor.

May 18, 2006 The installer returned to build the 1st bedroom closet. He completed most of the 1st bedroom closet but still needed to build the hamper. The hall closet still needs to be redone. I again called Antoine Young and asked when the Supervisor was going to arrive. He said 12:00. The Supervisor never arrived. I called Antoine again. He said the Supervisor would be out. Still no Supervisor

May 19, 2006 Antoine called me and informed me that they were going to charge my credit card an additional $2,500.00 dollars. I told him that's not what we agreed to and the terms and condition of the agreement didn't state that. That I was left with (2) incomplete closets and one that hadn't been started on. I demanded a Supervisor come out and see what had been done. What I thought was a Supervisor arrived. His name is Shalee (from California) and he made notes on the work order's of what needed to be redone. I explained to him why I wasn't going to pay the additional $2,500.00. That we gave his company $4,000.00 in good faith over a month ago and we are left with one incomplete closet, one that needs to be torn out and redone and one that hasn't even been started. He understood why I wasn't going to pay another $2,500.00. He said I needed to reschedule with Antoine for the completion of the closets and the necessary redo's. I asked if the hall closet could be redone now since it wasn't a material problem. He said to schedule everything for the same time. Antoine rescheduled the job for June 6, 2006 and assured me all the material would be available.

May 31, 2006 Antoine Young confirmed the materials were available and would be installed on June 6, 2006. I reminded him of the material and the work that was to be redone. I asked him if he had the revised work order. He didn't seem to have it until I started reading from my copy. Thank goodness I have a copy machine at home and was able to make a copy when Shalee was here. Antoine confirmed the redo and said it would take 1 day to complete the job

June 5, 2006 I received a call confirming the installation and was told they would start between 12:00 and 3:00. I left a message with Antoine explaining my concern with completing the job in one day when the installers weren't going to start till 12:00 or 3:00. Antoine never returned my call.

June 6, 2006 arrived and a different installer came out for a service call. He said he was told we had all the material. I told him we didn't and he took one look at my husbands closet not even started and called his Supervisor Justin. He told Justin that this wasn't a service call but a total new installation. During his conversation with Justin it became apparent that the Wild Cherry melamine hadn't even been ordered. Installer told me not to speak to Antoine but call Justin. The installer tore out the hall closet and rebuilt it. I am very happy with the results. My bedroom on the other hand isn't finished. The installer wouldn't replace material that was chipped and said he would but a wood filler in them. It doesn't look good. I'll deal with this later. Still waiting for backing and shelving for first bedroom closet and husbands closet hasn't been started. Installer requested another payment of $1,000.00. I told him no and that we will pay the balance when the work is completed. Justin rescheduled the job for June 28, 2006.
I called Justin and asked what was going on. He said he wasn't aware that Wild Cherry melamine was missing and during there morning meeting it hadn't even been brought up. I asked for Brandon Banks, Installation District Manager phone number but was told he was on vacation. He gave me the name of his manager Ira and asked if he could call me the next day after he found out what happened to the missing Wild Cherry melamine. I will wait until noon for his call and then I'm calling Ira and Wayne Luek.

On June 28, 2006 received a call from Closet World notifying me they wouldn't be out today and needed to reschedule. I spoke Brandon Banks, Installation District Manager and told him it was time they got it together. He hasn't called back.

N  23rd of Apr, 2008 by

Closetworld - Don't throw away your money

I wish we had looked online to see all this stuff! I went with Closet World because we knew the district manager personally. I guess it doesn't matter who you know, when the job ***, it ***.

My husband and I had our master bedroom closet done. Well, I shouldn't say done, it still not done as we speak. Presently all of our clothes are still all over the place because the job wasn't done.

On April 19th, 2008 the closets should have been finished. We didn't get anything fancy, and still they gave excuses about how they didn't have the material ready when they came for the instillation. They only had the materials for my closet. My closet was set to get done, except that it was measured incorrectly and so even my closet wasn't done. They have set up another appointment to come out next week to finish my husband's closet, except that no one has called us yet and so I doubt t will be done.

But the part that pissed us off the most was when my closet was up, we noticed that the material that was used was the same cheap stuff you would find at Home depot for fraction of the price, just like we had done a few years ago for another closet.

We spent 5000 bucks for stuff that we could have bought and had a handy man install for 1000-1500 bucks the most.

Don't throw away your money. If you are going to go with closet world, take my advice, go to home depot, have them measure for you, have them cut for you and have a handy man install and buy yourself 3000-4000 dollars worth of new clothes!
N  9th of Feb, 2010 by

Closet World - Unprofessional service
Closet World

We had a really bad experience with this company. Had them do some garage work. First, the designer (Maureen) came over and did the estimate... she spent over 3 hours here and wouldnt leave until she basically wore us down. They installed the wrong size cabinet in our garage so the things that were supposed to fit in wouldnt fit. It took over a month of multiple calls to thecompany which mostly went unanswered to finally get ahold of someone. So I asked them to fix it. They refused. They said we would have to buy a whole new cabinet at full price. It was their mistake but they wont fix it. So my advice is stay the *** away from this company. They are the worst! You can find websites full of negative reviews on this company. Oh, and when you call the company and press the number to get to customer service... it doesnt work! They rigged it so you cant even get customer service on the phone!
N  20th of Jul, 2016 by

Closet World - Delayed install with no compensation from Closet World
Closet World

Had an installation scheduled for 11/24, got word on 11/21 that installers would arrive between 3-5pm. Got a call 11/24 at 4pm saying installer was running late and would be here between 5:30 - 6pm. No one ever came and no one called again last night. I left two messages for them last night.

Got a call around 8:45 this morning with appologies and an offer to install on Thursday 12/4!!! My clothes are all on my floor because Closet World requires that you empty out the closet they will be working on before they arrive. Emptying it out took about an hour and a half, and the installation supervisor suggested that I put it all back and take it out again next week!!! So far, I have wasted 5.5 hours on this company and am very unsatisfied with the customer service I have received. I gave a 50% deposit when I placed the order.